Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think they'll remake old armor into the new system, i think more like they'll allow NEW armor to be more detailed moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    NO! Stop waiting for expansions to add things that should have been added a while ago.

Frankly the WOTLK boots and the Pandaria belts are proof that Blizz can add these things they just don't bother cause, well, people are used to it and are willing to wait. Well, I suspect they are saving a lot of the "fluff" for their cash shop. Just a guess.
    For fuck's sake stop making it so sinister. Only so many things can get worked on at any given time, just because Blizzard valued working on something you would prefer they not and they never got around to a cool detail they'd like to add doesn't mean they are lazy or don't care or are trying to milk us for cash. When you're constantly working on the seat of your pants based on what get's the whole team passionate, you tend to get tunnel vision. Blizzard's tunnel vision is easily misconstrued and warped into apathy and bias, and it's taken on meme like proportions, and some intrepid soul needs to put a stop to it. I wish someone would try to do that.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see. I'd love my Warrior to be ironclad with some huge armor. That or like Grom in the trailer.
    Or both!!!

Seriously? Don't be such a fucking fanboy. Working their all? They delayed the models for a really long time. They even said they wouldn't add them as a feature but progressively before the expansion. Here we are an expansion feature. No other game does this? Even that piece of crap SWTOR did it. So please, don't start with that crap.

And lastly, I don't want it NOW. I want them to take their time but not when they added one pare of boots and pants in WOTLK and belts in MOP. So get your head out of their asses and take a look around. They have a lot of work to do with player characters, animations, models armor and so on.
    How old are you? A year or two goes by in the blink of an eye once you're not a teenager anymore. An expansion or two is not that long of a time period for lofty goals to be delayed by, it's about what you should realistically expect. You just are ignoring everything they have put unnecessary effort and passion into and only focusing on what you want and it's not fair. You come off sounding worse than a fanboy and sounding like an anti-fanboy. But you have plenty of miserable company to hold a pitchfork with, so welcome, here's your membership card.

- - - Updated - - -

If time is an issue for them to a degree where they take half a decade to improve the visual quality of the game then it's their problem, because when time is an issue you reduce it by bringing in more people, you don't just shrug and tell your clients they gotta wait another 2 years for another improved piece of armor.
    Yeah, bingo. What you call a problem is actually called a priority. You obviously have some difficulty reconciling your priorities with those of others and have mistaken your own view of what is a staple or necessity for something other than an opinion. Meanwhile, you just say you don't care about all the crap Blizzard wasted effort on, like brand new flocks of birds for different zones in Pandaria with unique flying patterns and migrations. Things like that take less time and can be added up into a small mountain of changes instead of forfeiting all those tiny extra efforts for something major which you arguably want more. But this is just reality. Little projects and little details are easier to sneak in when it comes to quality of life issues concerning clipping and armor depth than major ones when it's not part of a major overhaul or foundation of design.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-11-17 at 06:10 AM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    How old are you? A year or two goes by in the blink of an eye once you're not a teenager anymore. An expansion or two is not that long of a time period for lofty goals to be delayed by, it's about what you should realistically expect. You just are ignoring everything they have put unnecessary effort and passion into and only focusing on what you want and it's not fair. You come off sounding worse than a fanboy and sounding like an anti-fanboy. But you have plenty of miserable company to hold a pitchfork with, so welcome, here's your membership card.
    Oh just stop being such a drama queen. I'm not trying to hang Blizzard. I am however more interested in seeing them making WoW a little bit more visually stimulating. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell do you assume everything they give us has a price (not talking about he sub fee)?

Blizzard is lagging behind on this department. And stop being so cheap and petty by attacking my age cause you assume I'm young and therefore wrong.
    And yeah, I really do hate fanboy douchebags.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Yeah, bingo. What you call a problem is actually called a priority. You obviously have some difficulty reconciling your priorities with those of others and have mistaken your own view of what is a staple or necessity for something other than an opinion. Meanwhile, you just say you don't care about all the crap Blizzard wasted effort on, like brand new flocks of birds for different zones in Pandaria with unique flying patterns and migrations. Things like that take less time and can be added up into a small mountain of changes instead of forfeiting all those tiny extra efforts for something major which you arguably want more. But this is just reality. Little projects and little details are easier to sneak in when it comes to quality of life issues concerning clipping and armor depth than major ones when it's not part of a major overhaul or foundation of design.
    First, tell me, where's the priority in adding countless shitty mounts over updating ONE piece of armor? Seriously get your head out of your bum. And second, where's the logic in adding birds and rats in a zone, to increase it's beauty you see once per.... week, month, expansion over improving player character that stay with players for all their game time.

But I guess Blizz is happy to know that they can get out of it by saying they needed to decorate the back of rocks or something. Thanks for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evilfish I think you need to settle down. All you've done is be hostile and insult people here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Look I'm not trying to insult you or anyone, but it just bothers me when people back up illogical crap for no other reason that to give Blizz a wink. I love this game, I've been playing it since 2005 but I'm not ashamed to admit that there are certain things that are missing and there are certain thing Blizz is handling superficially. If that insults anyone here then so be it.

Okay guys, let's settle down. I can understand where you are coming from, Evilfish, but you're not voicing it in a good way, I think. At the same time, the other side is also doing enough to stir it up yet again. I say 'lay it to rest' and begin anew, because I frankly think either parties getting upset or insulted over this is not something that is supposed to be happening.

Calm down.

First only shoulders and helmets were freely molded to whatever, now they're doing it to belt buckles as well. Even pants got some shape to them in Wrath. I'd be glad if they finally started doing that with gloves and boots too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    First only shoulders and helmets were freely molded to whatever, now they're doing it to belt buckles as well. Even pants got some shape to them in Wrath. I'd be glad if they finally started doing that with gloves and boots too.
    Boots and gloves also, it would be sweet to see them actually start modelling stuff instead of being lazy with plain old textures

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Boots and gloves also, it would be sweet to see them actually start modelling stuff instead of being lazy with plain old textures
    Please don't get my hopes up, in case what they announce is nothing close to this. ;(

Deleted
    after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSgHtVY_Rw

I think it might me visible rings, how awesome would that be

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWSgHtVY_Rw

I think it might me visible rings, how awesome would that be
    Given that i prefer wearing full gloves, not very.

When it comes to class specific armor and cosmetic decorations I'd love visible librams or relics for paladins or permanent blue glowing eyes(reserved for high level paladins), grimoires for Warlocks or green glowing eyes, default permanent stag or moose horns for druids.

Then I started thinking about race specific cosmetic armor and things like sashimono banners for orc warriors to be blademasters, voodoo fetishes and shrunken heads for trolls, silver crescent moons and stars for night elves maybe,...stuff of that nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that i prefer wearing full gloves, not very.
    it depends on where you wear those rings

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    it depends on where you wear those rings
    Well, unless they're earrings, i'm not showing off those places either.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I would prefer to finally have a symetrical chestpiece on my Blood Elf. Every chest piece he ever wore looks stretched out, thus ruining the original look of the armor. This is probably why I wear tabards most of the time.

Semi related, while they are at it, they could try and put the pauldrons on the Blood Elf actually touch his shoulders. It looks ridiculus when even the most simple of pieces look like they are floating five centimeters above his shoulders.
    About the shoulders, I agree a ton. I play a night elf female char and shoulder pads always seem like they aren't touching her shoulders and are a bit to far apart. (I mean the draenei male is worse but...)

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'd be pretty hilarious if Blizzard updated all the new gear to look super amazing and 3D... and then people will be standing next to them wearing paint on armor. o_O