Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Chest and Legs are really all we need. Most gloves, shoes, and belts have 3D components now.

They're actually geosets they reuse. Same for the WoTLK stomper boot models, wrestling belt and spiked/layered legs. Only the belt buckles, shoulders and helms are actually unique and new.

Interesting. <strokes goatee, squints eyes>

Quote Originally Posted by Luminvent View Post
    Interesting. <strokes goatee, squints eyes>

The image in my head is very amusing, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's the dumb down... oops, I mean, simplification that most forum folk seem to think is a marvelous idea.
    I'd prefer they drop stats altogether but considering this is on the cosmetic side I doubt it has anything to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Read the question before you respond. the question is about asymmetrical textures, not stats.
    Honestly no his question asked about the "New Armor System?" The way he worded it made it sound like he had no idea about anything the new armor system entailed

OT: I'm not really sure, if you look at the armor they put in 5.4, such as the Grievous armor it looks already a lot more detailed than older previous models.

but as far as shiny new things for WoD go, I'm totally on board
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Honestly no his question asked about the "New Armor System?" The way he worded it made it sound like he had no idea about anything the new armor system entailed

OT: I'm not really sure, if you look at the armor they put in 5.4, such as the Grievous armor it looks already a lot more detailed than older previous models.

but as far as shiny new things for WoD go, I'm totally on board

Well, there's more than just the title. :P

And yeah, texture-wise, Grievous Gear looks cool (Warrior one is awesome) but this might be about 3D models.

I'm pretty sure he's just talking about the Quivers/Librams/Poison Vials etc they've been planning to add. It's the same thing as belt buckles - 3D objects attatched to normal armour pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, there's more than just the title. :P

And yeah, texture-wise, Grievous Gear looks cool (Warrior one is awesome) but this might be about 3D models.
    No worries, I may have skimmed haha.

What would these 3D models look like? I was under the impression they were already 3D, not very familiar with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's just talking about the Quivers/Librams/Poison Vials etc they've been planning to add. It's the same thing as belt buckles - 3D objects attatched to normal armour pieces.

He might be, but he's talking a system. That sounds pretty big.
    No worries, I may have skimmed haha.

What would these 3D models look like? I was under the impression they were already 3D, not very familiar with it all.

It happens, I guess.

And currently, most of the armor consists of reused geosets with new textures slapped on top. For chests, there's just the textures slapped over the body. With 3D models, they could get actual shapes. Example:

The chest and the robe could actually have shape. Like, the tentacles could actually be there instead of just being the flat textures they are on the original:

that would look really sweet, like skyrim armor?

But with these new armors might put a heavy toll on the fluidity of the game and what separates WoW from all other MMOs, is its smooth game play. With big huge graphics like this there might be lag

But with these new armors might put a heavy toll on the fluidity of the game and what separates WoW from all other MMOs, is its smooth game play. With big huge graphics like this there might be lag

Well, it's in no way guaranteed that this will be what it is, but most current MMOs have 3D armor. And nah, not like Skyrim, I think. A bit less intricate. It would be like tier sets are now, but just with extra modeled layers that aren't pasted to the body itself. It's a big difference, but Skyrim is a bit too detail-oriented for WoW to take the armor from.

Plenty of MMOs have smooth gameplay... not sure where you're trying to go with that claim.

I mean I realize WoW wants to have as large an audience as possible, but eventually you reach a point where holding back on graphical updates for the sake of people with really old/really low-end systems ends up turning more people off than it brings in.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalLamer View Post
    Plenty of MMOs have smooth gameplay... not sure where you're trying to go with that claim.

I mean I realize WoW wants to have as large an audience as possible, but eventually you reach a point where holding back on graphical updates for the sake of people with really old/really low-end systems ends up turning more people off than it brings in.
    Never played one that's had as smooth, zero to no input lag, even slightly. SWTOR for me was the closet I had seen and that still had weird lag, and although it's very slight, you still notice it

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    *cough* tabards *cough* :P

But I agree, upgrades on future armour would be amazing.
    I might even stop transmogging to old sets.

Every time I look at the Warlock T13 concept art, I weep at how awesome it could have been!

My guess would be, that they are going to re-work the armor texture/skins to fit the look of the new models better. Won't do any good to have a new character model, if the gloves still make it look like you have no fingers...stuff like that I would imagine.

Never played one that's had as smooth, zero to no input lag, even slightly. SWTOR for me was the closet I had seen and that still had weird lag, and although it's very slight, you still notice it
    Input lag has nothing to do with graphical quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalLamer View Post
    Input lag has nothing to do with graphical quality.
    Ummmm... you might want to rethink that.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Ummmm... you might want to rethink that.
    There's nothing that annoys me more than people who say dumb shit like "Oh man all these AoEs in this raid are making me lag!"

DROPPING TO 3.2 FPS BECAUSE YOU PLAY ON A 3 YEAR OLD LAPTOP WITH INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ISN'T LAG. IT'S JUST LOW FPS.

Lag is a connection-related issue. Input lag can be other things too but it has nothing to do with graphics.

I thought I saw a 3d chest piece on an orc in one of the first day panels, going to watch through them quickly to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    I thought I saw a 3d chest piece on an orc in one of the first day panels, going to watch through them quickly to double check.
    Check back with us on that if you can, pls.