Poll: Would you Like to See "Body Type" Character Customization Features?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Body Type for Player Models?

Would you like it if Blizzard added Body Types to our Character Customization?

Now, before any naysayers come saying "WoW wasn't built for sliders!!!", I'm not talking about sliders. I'm talking about using the existing geoset technology that makes our hairstyles, facial features and armor pieces work (except for helm, shoulders and belt buckles).

I imagine that a large number of players have no idea what I'm talking about, so I made a picture guide about it on MSPAINT

IMHO, it would be awesome running into fat orc blacksmiths or flat chested blood elf ladies
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Would you like it if Blizzard added Body Types to our Character Customization?

Now, before any naysayers come saying "WoW wasn't built for sliders!!!", I'm not talking about sliders. I'm talking about using the existing geoset technology that makes our hairstyles, facial features and armor pieces work (except for helm, shoulders and belt buckles).

I imagine that a large number of players have no idea what I'm talking about, so I made a picture guide about it on MSPAINT

IMHO, it would be awesome running into fat orc blacksmiths or flat chested blood elf ladies
    Sliders in MMORPG character creations never end well. Ever.

Given "slim, regular or fat" options I could live with...but players need restrictions.

Humans can not handle freedom...most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like if this was added I'd see a huge amount of fat gnomes running around.
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

The amount of clipping would be over 9000.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    how different would that be from today? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice with restrictions to prevent freaky looking avatars but, as it weren't announced at Blizzcon, I think that ship sailed.

Deleted
    While I'd love to see different bodies, geosets are not the answer.
    Why? Because technically that's your armor on that. So, if let's say you have the "fat" geoset, and you equip a regular armor... your body type would be replaced by that geoset, and as such you'd be medium again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    While I'd love to see different bodies, geosets are not the answer.
    Why? Because technically that's your armor on that. So, if let's say you have the "fat" geoset, and you equip a regular armor... your body type would be replaced by that geoset, and as such you'd be medium again.
    that's just a matter of coding. for instance, changing my helmet doesn't necessarily change my hairstyle, and that's on geosets too.

besides, armor doesn't change your upper body, just your belt, legs and hands.

they could also make different geosets for fat with wwe belt, slim with wwe belt, et cetera. some extra work, of course, but nothing too hard

i would love that because I want to play a female character with a big ol' booty.

Deleted
    Even if it's as crap as the 4 types in swtor, it would give us a little more variety.

A fat dwarf with a hanging belly like the pandas would be lovely, or a gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat idea? Sure.

Implementable in any practical timely manner or a good use of developer resources? No.

So... nope.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

No. I hated SW:ToR's body types for that same reason. 1 and 4 were such extremes that it just made me want to box anyone who rolled them around the ears.

It's alot more complicated and alot more work than you make out, plus any bulkier models would have severe clipping issues. Wow's models were just not designed for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish they would implement something like this.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=1725/#screenshots:id=52273
    Having this be a selectable model when rolling a human would be the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Really wish they would implement something like this.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=1725/#screenshots:id=52273
    Having this be a selectable model when rolling a human would be the bees knees.
    Ahh yes, the meth bandit. One of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's alot more complicated and alot more work than you make out, plus any bulkier models would have severe clipping issues. Wow's models were just not designed for this.
    WoW as a whole has severe clipping issues. what's a tiny fart for one who has already shat one's pants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Not if the armor molds to you like it down now.

It works in GW2, and ESO is planning it themselves. I would love to have a fat orc rogue! (No I'm not kidding.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    Not if the armor molds to you like it down now.

It works in GW2, and ESO is planning it themselves. I would love to have a fat orc rogue! (No I'm not kidding.)
    think its just the animation clipping like human running. they have their arms close to the body

edit: who knows what the "new character options" will bring on player model update. maybe OP is on to something
    Last edited by Edds; 2013-11-16 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Sliders in MMORPG character creations never end well. Ever.

Given "slim, regular or fat" options I could live with...but players need restrictions.

Humans can not handle freedom...most of the time.

Yeah not a fan of sliders. That being said City of Heroes when I played it allowed you to select a body type and if WoW could put something like that in I would be all for it.

Tired of all human males looking like rejected Masters of the Universe characters.