Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Textures! You gotta hear them. Though I'm not sure what classifies as prog metal for you. I'm all in for prog, but I could not listen to Dream Theater or Queensryche, they are so generic and boring.

Nowadays I'm moving towards math genres, it's a logical step after heavier prog sounds. Check out Car Bomb, Dillinger Escape Plan, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza if you are interested in that.
    I will add Ion Dissonance, War From A Harlots Mouth, Burnt By The Sun, Architects, Johnny Truant, The Arusha Accord, Burst and The Ocean to these, not prog in the standard sense of the word, but these are all math-ish metalcore bands that play with demented time-signatures and unusual sounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    Karnivool
    Dead Letter Circus is quite similiar to this so I hear (never heard Karnivool but DLC is really dope), nice proggy/atmospheric alt rock, totally recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I don't quite follow what your point is, Alcomo.
    My point is, you listed both of them in your post and then quoted me to say what I said was a given. It really didn't make any sense and was pretty hypocritical is what I am saying. Listing two of the most famous prog rock bands then calling my choice of a less popular one a given.

Re-read what I wrote.