Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

People who only play one gender or faction.

I never understood this, do you do it, and why?
    pro-gun liberal

i don't need more then one char?

Why would I need characters across factions ?

I played one faction for a loooong time, then rolled a couple Hordies and got one to 90, really nice to see both opposing sides of levelling zones tbh and well worth the time

Genderwise, that's way less of an issue, I make all my characters in a roleplay sense so I go with what I feel fits the character I'm trying to create a bit better.

I prefer Alliance, and I prefer playing females. No other reason to it than that:P

(though I have levelled Horde toons, just don't actively play that faction at all)

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    i don't need more then one char?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    Why would I need characters across factions ?
    See various sides of the story, and questing.
    Professions.
    Classes.
    pro-gun liberal

Because I want to? Because that's how I like it? Because I don't care for the other faction?
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Professions.
    Classes.
    Alliance says evertime that their story sucks
    While I have multiple characters I never use their professions
    No other class is as fun as my main (which I play since 2005) :<

I do have other characters besides my main, but I do not play them. So: Who needs more than one char? ;D
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

Professions.
    Classes.
    Some dont care about story or just prefer one faction. Story dosnt change depending on gender so that is just a preference thing.
    I myself mainly play one faction but have a few random toons as the other faction which i rarely play on

because my characters like living in a stone building that wont fall over, rather than a mud hut that looks like it will blow away in a small storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

I've played both factions but I'm usually playing only one faction at the time - sometimes at the end of an expansion I might roll an alt of the different faction on a high pop server to pug on but that's probably about it. Gender-wise it depends on the race

for instance

Human - Female
    Dwarf - Male
    Night elf - Female
    Gnome - 50-50
    Worgen - Female
    Draenei - Female

Panda - Male

Tauren - Male
    Orc - Male
    Undead - 50-50
    Blood Elf - Female
    Goblin - 50-50
    Troll - Male

5 * always female
    5 * always male
    and 3 * 50-50

I'd say they're very different questions. Choosing to play characters of one gender only boils down to subjective reasons.

Choosing to play only one faction can have more logical reasons, such as not wanting to play where you don't have your friends, or not wanting to level without all your money/professions/guild perks and such that your main faction has available.

And I'd say asking all your friends/guild to start toons on the other faction isn't really reasonable. ;p

I can't stand the way females look/sound/animations. There's always something that bugs me for every race. About half the males annoy me too, but a few races per side have acceptable ones so all my characters are male.

As for factions, I'm mainly Horde because that's what I originally rolled as. I've tried some ally alts and they never get anywhere because I don't like being cut off from my other characters.

I'll play both genders, but I've only really played Horde so far with any regularity. Why, because the main thing I play the game for is the faction war, and it'd be hypocritical to play with my enemies. That being said, with a troll as my new Warchief, I've lost a lot of my Horde pride, and I'd be willing to play Alliance now. But I'm still not, because simply put, I'm far too lazy to level again, and too cheap to faction change. But either way, I won't play both factions, because I don't want my characters' gold and professions split.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Professions.
    Classes.
    Eh, both factions and genders can be all classes, and have the same professions. I only play male characters, because I can't play a female, I'm a dude. It's pretty simple really, I can't even RP a female character, I cannot fathom the female mind well enough to do that so... And sure, some female models look better in some gear, too bad, gotta find some other gear that, I just *cannot* play a female character, unless of course it's a game where I'm forced too obviously, but if it's an RPG of any sort; No girls allowed.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Professions.
    Classes.
    What about gender?

Oh and you probably won't understand this either:

3x Draenei Shaman, all Elemental, Alliance
    1 Horde Shaman, Troll Elemental.

I kinda do it, as I mostly have played horde over the years. With a few alliance alts here and there that always ended up deleted.
    Though I play whatever gender I think suits the class, race combo the most. Or depending on what name I have thought up.

Will likely end up with more alliance alts with the new models, but I will always be a horde player at heart.

Only male and only Horde (that sounded a bit weird). I have an Alliance female dwarf death knight though (however I am not sure whether there are dwarf females, so maybe it doesn't count...)

Life is a series of choices between bad and worse.

I'd imagine because of friends?

I play alliance because my friends play alliance, whats the point in getting a max level horde and fully gear it up etc to only spend time with random people?

I guess one day I will make one to see the other quests, but it's only going to be another alt that gets left in the dust.

Race wise I agree, if you have say 11 chars all human males, you're boring.

I solely play Horde, mainly because I don't enjoy the idea of starting out and either having to jump hoops to get some gold, or being essentially starting fresh and having nothing on that server.
    I mainly have male toons, however I do have a female warrior Forsaken. Love the animations for it, so had to do it. I mainly do male toons though for that I like their animations more.