new destruction wlock halp?

Hi.
    Just started playing my warlock again and I have no idea what's up with locks now.
    Havnt played one since late wotlk, and this seems like a totally diffrent class.
    So I picked up destruction as a spec since it was my spec in wotlk + it seems like the most fun/easiest for a "new" lock.

I am planning to be playing pve wise.
    Sitting at 508 item level now with a mix of timeless gear and lfr SoO gear, which is pretty shit.

Anyway got some questions about rotation:
    1. Should I keep Rain of Fire up at all single target bosses? Do I have to refresh it every 6-7 seconds or should I only use it when adds appear on bosses?
    I find it kind "hard/annoying" to keep doing that, so is it neccesary?
    2. Should I only fire off my Chaos bolts if I have Dark soul ready? At this moment I don't have any thing that can proc for me, due to my gear, or should I just fire em out when I have around 2-3 embers?
    3. Can I use [Grimoire of Sacrifice] even tho my gear is shit? I just dont enjoy having this pet out.
    4. Can I overlap Backdraft? Meaning its not a dps loss having the 6x backdrafts at the same time compared to the 3x as long as I dont miss out on em?
    5. When the boss is under 20% hp, should I stop using chaos bolt then and start using Shadow burn instead then?
    6. Should I use Havoc on cd if possible? and if adds are up for it?
    7. If my pet dies in combat should I use Flames of Xoroth to ress it or just spend 4.1 seconds to ress it? this is ofc if I am not using the Grimiore of Sacrifice.
    Is there any other tips and tricks I can haz?

I hope I can get some answers, and sorry if threads like these gets made often.

Deleted
    1. Should I keep Rain of Fire up at all single target bosses? Do I have to refresh it every 6-7 seconds or should I only use it when adds appear on bosses?
    I find it kind "hard/annoying" to keep doing that, so is it neccesary?
    This got nerfed with 5.4. RoF is useless on single targets as the dpct is too low and it doesn't generate embers on the first target anymore. When adds are around you want to keep it up for ember generation.

2. Should I only fire off my Chaos bolts if I have Dark soul ready? At this moment I don't have any thing that can proc for me, due to my gear, or should I just fire em out when I have around 2-3 embers?
    generally you want to fire them with as many procs / CD's up as possible. Aim to get 3.5-4 embers when DS comes up and burn all of them during DS, but while it's on cooldown shoot them when a trinket procs. If you don't have trinket procs for a while, shoot one at 3.5 embers so you don't waste ember generation.

3. Can I use [Grimoire of Sacrifice] even tho my gear is shit? I just dont enjoy having this pet out.
    At lower gear levels it is a dps drop, but if you prefer the playstyle you might just be better dps with it anyway. Pet control and choice is something you need to learn. Note that for some fights you do just want a certain pet out for whatever reason (Imp dispel for instance).
    If you can Havoc bolts or can shadowburn a lot on a fight (ie. a lot of adds) it could even be a dps gain, though I don't know at what gear levels. Also remember that a GoSac buffed Chaos Bolt leaves a dot so you don't want to be chaining CB's even during DS but preferably Incin, CB, Incin, CB, etc.

4. Can I overlap Backdraft? Meaning its not a dps loss having the 6x backdrafts at the same time compared to the 3x as long as I dont miss out on em?
    Just stack them up. There is nothing that makes you do more or less damage with more or less stacks. Just make sure to get 3 or less before hitting the next conflag.

5. When the boss is under 20% hp, should I stop using chaos bolt then and start using Shadow burn instead then?
    Yes. I think if you have high haste rating, Heroism and Meta gem up there is a case to be made for Chaos Bolts even sub 20%, but nobody I know ever really does that.

6. Should I use Havoc on cd if possible? and if adds are up for it?
    If there is a target for Havoc, yes. If the target is not a dps target (like 2 of the 3 bosses up at Klaxxi Paragorns) then you can use Havoc for cleaving Incins for extra embers. In all other cases, Havoc on cooldown and cleave a Chaos Bolt.
    The only reason to hold on to Havoc for a bit is when one of the targets is going to drop below 20% soonish. Cleaving even just 2 Incins and 1 Shadowburn is better then a Chaos Bolt. If you can get 3 Shadowburns off with a Havoc you are allowed to cackle like a madman on steroids.

7. If my pet dies in combat should I use Flames of Xoroth to ress it or just spend 4.1 seconds to ress it? this is ofc if I am not using the Grimiore of Sacrifice.
    Depends on the fight. In most cases Flaming it is best, but there are fights where you have breaks in dps time anyway so you can spend a few seconds resummoning a pet (ie. Juggernaut if you use the knockback tactic, Galakras if you do waves and have to wait for a new one, Nazgrim during Def stance).
    Still, your pet shouldn't die in any fight. The only times I've had pet troubles is when it goes out of range (Immerseus knockbacks, chasing Thok or Jugg knockbacks), but in all those cases switching to an Imp instead of observer seems to fix it.

Is there any other tips and tricks I can haz?
    Make a mouseover macro for Shadowburn and set your nameplates up that any mob below 20% is more noticeable. SB sniping can get you a lot of dps.