Thread: 2299

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

I hope this is real! Just turn down the sound first.

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

If it is, GOD YES! ALL MY MONEY!
    Last edited by mmocef79c1163b; 2013-11-17 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read an interview with Keith David last christmas where he'd been called in to do voice work, so they've been working on it for at least a year.

What happens in 24 1/2 days, though? Just the announcement, or something more?
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

No clue what this is supposed to be. I can't understand morse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, does anyone know Morse Code? That sound is morse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    No clue what this is supposed to be. I can't understand morse.
    The logo under the count down is Vault-Tec. This has to do with Fallout 4.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-dev-launches-thesurvivor2299-teaser-page/1100-6416193/

According to the first comment on that article the morse code is:

No idea what that's supposed to mean, unless that's the date the page started up...
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post

According to the first comment on that article the morse code is:

No idea what that's supposed to mean, unless that's the date the page started up...
    11th December 2013?

file download link @ http://thesurvivor2299.com/radio/bri...4ec0d1b93c.mp3

brain just isn't registering those beeps lmao years of toning out annoying sounds like that :[
    Last edited by nyxtyr; 2013-11-17 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    11th December 2013?
    Ok, that would make sense with the countdown, then. It'll end on the 11th of December. I was thinking the way we do dates in the US with the month first, but day first makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for killing me eardrums when my headphones were on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thanks for killing me eardrums when my headphones were on.
    Welcome.

(I'll put a warning on original post)

Deleted
    Well, they recently added the Vault Tech Logo to the page. (For comparison ....)

Oh ... and Bethesda registered some trademarks

Deleted
    Please tell me this isn't fake Grantji?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velicity View Post
    Please tell me this isn't fake Grantji?
    http://who.is/dns/thesurvivor2299.com - registered by zenimax (owner of Bethesda)

Trademark Registration for "FALLOUT 4" in Europe by Bethesda from November 14th.

Deleted
    More fuel for the rumors
    Guess what Bethesda has on sale?
    http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/fal...77-hoodie.html

Vault 77 hoodie and Vault Boy plush hand puppet

And 9 Vault-Tec Bobbleheads
    http://store.bethsoft.com/collectibles/figures.html
    Last edited by mmoc8d2dfa350a; 2013-11-17 at 11:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    FALLOUT 4 YES PLEASE
    Man, haven't used caps in awhile, but holy shit never been so excited for a game since GTA V, and oh many that was so long ago!!
    But yea, it really does have a Fallout vibe to it ,the font, the vault looking logo, "the survivor", being as the player's name is always "the something".
    Also 2299, very interesting. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline not much on the timeline. But, I would bet my life savings it's Fallout.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Bethedas made Fallout 3 they used an upgraded version of the engine they used for TES4. Do you think they'll use an upgraded version of the engine from Skyrim for Fallout 4? What improvements do you think they'll be able to make over the Skyrim engine?

The graphics from that engine are gorgeous, and the AI is pretty good, except the pathing for followers sometimes. I hope they get that tweaked. I wouldn't mind a little more work on the conversation system. They improved it over Oblivion, of course, but it still feels a little stiff. Sure, you can move and look aroud, but the NPC is still just frozen there looking all stiff.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be gorgeous but probably won't be as beautiful as Skyrim (mods can improve that of course) but i only say it that way because Skyrim isnt all nuked to high hell like the world of Fallout is. Regardless I'm glad they're making it.

Deleted
    The wasteland is never beautiful..

"11.12.13", which goes with ETA announcement timer yes

however as i said in the other thread, the sound file for the Morse code loop is called 'fall-river-6191da7f11n.mp3' a town south of Boston.Which may be related to a boston based fallout (as a lot of fans have speculated and/or hoped)
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-11-18 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    "11.12.13", which goes with ETA announcement timer yes

however as i said in the other thread, the sound file for the Morse code loop is called 'fall-river-6191da7f11n.mp3' a town south of Boston.Which may be related to a boston based fallout (as a lot of fans have speculated and/or hoped)
    Actually, the audio file references "bridgeport", a town in Connecticut (I believe), about a 150 miles away from fall-river.

The Fall River reference was another audio file that was in an html comment just below the first one, and has since been removed. It also had a comment just above it with the contents "06.12", presumably referencing the 6th of December, at which point the audio will probably be changed.

I'd also like to make a note here... their countdown timer? It used to be in a javascript file titled "bscountdown.js", and was blatantly stolen (as in directly copied, with the attribution comments at the top removed) from here: https://github.com/KrzysiekF/kkcountdown

They've since updated it to include the proper attribution, which I find entirely hilarious.