Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

One good thing about WoD

Cairne might make an appearance, and someone could end up saving his life!
    Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

--Auron, Final Fantasy X

Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    Tauren are from Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Beartastic View Post
    Azeroth appears to be in an advanced state of disrepair. I don't think cow town made it. Perhaps there are space cows though, there is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    Tauren are from Azeroth
    And WoD's Draenor is an alternate timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    And WoD's Draenor is an alternate timeline.
    Right, but the Dark Portal is connected to our timeline. There is no Dark Portal on Draenor to go to their timeline's Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Azeroth appears to be in an advanced state of disrepair. I don't think cow town made it. Perhaps there are space cows though, there is always hope.

Thats not azeroth... That's a moon.. in the in-game screenshots and the version at blizzcon its much more intact too likelihood is its The Pale Lady draenor's moon and apparently they added a sister moon alongside it. OT: We wont be seeing anything of azeroth's past. Just draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Old Pale Lady.
    New Pale Lady.

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at the top of the new pic theres a second smaller moon too but apparently that's definitely a moon of draenor since the website refers to draenor's "Twin moons"

It's not a moon it's Azeroth! You can see it from the roof of the Black Temple. Wondering why it was destroyed on the first art pic. (old gods? speculations from everyone)

It looks like a shattered moon. Not Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    It's not a moon it's Azeroth! You can see it from the roof of the Black Temple. Wondering why it was destroyed on the first art pic. (old gods? speculations from everyone)

Yes THAT is azeroth but THAT is not what we are seeing from draenor. That is seeing Azeroth on outland just like every other planet you can see from outland its not in the middle of a big jumble of planets its in the twisting nether and portals are allowing us to see these other planets. What we see on Draenor before it was pulled into the twisting nether is its actual full moon.

- - - Updated - - -

just look at the differences between azeroth in the black temple screenshot and mine from frostfire ridge. That is clearly NOT azeroth it doesn't share any of its physical features and its a completely lifeless and barren moon. WITH CRATERS!

I was just gonna ask if Azeroth being visible from the Black Temple would come into play (unless there's some explanation for that already that I don't know about).

Quote Originally Posted by Gamespud View Post
    Yes THAT is azeroth but THAT is not what we are seeing from draenor. That is seeing Azeroth on outland just like every other planet you can see from outland its not in the middle of a big jumble of planets its in the twisting nether and portals are allowing us to see these other planets. What we see on Draenor before it was pulled into the twisting nether is its actual full moon.

- - - Updated - - -

just look at the differences between azeroth in the black temple screenshot and mine from frostfire ridge. That is clearly NOT azeroth it doesn't share any of its physical features and its a completely lifeless and barren moon. WITH CRATERS!
    Look at the differences between the moon in frostfire ridge and the one in Shadowmoon. They are not the same object. The explody moon could be a different moon, but not the one over frostifre.

The explody moon only shows up over shadowmoon and nowhere else. It seems likely to me that the gate that let outland see azeroth is open, but now from the other end, letting azeroth see draenor.

features like oceans disappeared from Draenor when it transformed so that feature would be missing from the surface. Things like craters would be easily explainable as well. Aside from preexisting craters like Ungoro or sholozar, demons also tend to throw giant balls of fire and rock down on their opponents.

Look at the differences between the moon in frostfire ridge and the one in Shadowmoon. They are not the same object. The explody moon could be a different moon, but not the one over frostifre.

The explody moon only shows up over shadowmoon and nowhere else. It seems likely to me that the gate that let outland see azeroth is open, but now from the other end, letting azeroth see draenor.

features like oceans disappeared from Draenor when it transformed so that feature would be missing from the surface. Things like craters would be easily explainable as well. Aside from preexisting craters like Ungoro or sholozar, demons also tend to throw giant balls of fire and rock down on their opponents.
    Concept art =/= in game.. The sky in game shows the same moon you see in frostfire ridge.

- - - Updated - - -

my god that screenshot is huge.

This is the same thing with people saying we get to meet Illidan ect, we won't meet anyone from Azeroth that should have gone there like in our timeline because the portal has yet to be opened to their version of Azeroth. So sadly no luck with Cairne.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Oh yay, the "But you can see Azeroth from Outland" arguement.

Here is a nice little lore tip for you: Azeroth is NOWHERE FREAKIN NEAR Outland / Dranor. I mean, honestly, stop and use your brain for 5 seconds would you. If you actually COULD see Azeroth (and that freaking close too) from Dranor, that means that Dranor would pretty much have to be as close to Azeroth as Earths Moon is to Earth. You would be able to see Dranor / Outland from Azeroth just as easily. Hell, with a sufficiently decent Telescope, you could bloody well look at individual towns and cities from either place.....

If Azeroth actually was that close to Dranor, why has no one ever looked up from Stormwind or Orgrimmar and asked "what is that giant shattered mass of floating continent sized rocks right there beside our moon?"

The simple answer is that Azeroth is ONLY visible from Black temple because of either A: A strange function of the way the twisting nether might twist and warp space, or B: Because either Illidan, or the Demons he took the Black Temple from, had reason to want to watch Azeroth and so worked magic to make it so.

TLDR Version: Don't be dumb, Azeroth is NOT one of Dranors moons.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-11-17 at 07:01 AM.

Azeroth has had invisible moons before, and apparently one of the moons it has is a god. I don't think it's too far fetched to assume that the Azerothian night sky is crazy pants. Also, with Draenor being sans sun since sundering without suffering some sort of siberian spoliation, anticipating too much scientific consistency is probably going to end in disappointment. However, the lack of sun on the draenor side would explain why it couldn't be seen through the portal from Azeroth.

If magic let outland see azeroth, magic could still be letting draenor see azeroth. There's no real way of knowing why the event of Azeroth appearing in their night sky happened.

No, it probably isn't a conventional moon.

Azeroth has had invisible moons before, and apparently one of the moons it has is a god. I don't think it's too far fetched to assume that the Azerothian night sky is crazy pants. Also, with Draenor being sans sun since sundering without suffering some sort of siberian spoliation, anticipating too much scientific consistency is probably going to end in disappointment. However, the lack of sun on the draenor side would explain why it couldn't be seen through the portal from Azeroth.

If magic let outland see azeroth, magic could still be letting draenor see azeroth. There's no real way of knowing why the event of Azeroth appearing in their night sky happened.

No, it probably isn't a conventional moon.
    The Blue Child. Azeroth's second moon which disappeared for a time never actually left in lore. It was mentioned frequently in books and appeared in the tarecgosa's wrath questline. It just finally appeared in MoP because they finally fixed the issues. And sorry to say but that is most definitely 100% a moon. If anything no screenshots so far have shown any other object in the sky than those two moons and draenor's new lore (according to the website warlordsofdraenor.com) states draenor has "twin moons" The Pale Lady and its smaller sister.

Deleted
    Concept art =/= in game.. The sky in game shows the same moon you see in frostfire ridge.

- - - Updated - - -

my god that screenshot is huge.
    Holy shit, imagine the tides on Draenor.

The Blue Child. Azeroth's second moon which disappeared for a time never actually left in lore. It was mentioned frequently in books and appeared in the tarecgosa's wrath questline. It just finally appeared in MoP because they finally fixed the issues. And sorry to say but that is most definitely 100% a moon. If anything no screenshots so far have shown any other object in the sky than those two moons and draenor's new lore (according to the website warlordsofdraenor.com) states draenor has "twin moons" The Pale Lady and its smaller sister.
    That's true, we don't have a screen shot showing that thing hanging in the sky above Shadowmoon. We also don't yet know why it's always night time in shadowmoon. There's something up with that place, and the only hint toward what that could be is some concept art showing a shattered something hanging in the sky and stone pillars oriented toward it with circular symbols on them.

I'd feel awkward not referencing the always night thing. This is the WoD sites description of shadowmoon.
    Hidden under a shroud of perpetual night broken only by bright starlight, the lush, idyllic forests of Shadowmoon Valley are home to a majestic draenei tomb and sanctuary: Karabor. While many of Shadowmoon’s denizens study prophecy among Karabor’s ancient stone circles, plotters with darker ambitions lurk in the valley’s vast underground cave network, gazing greedily at the sacred temple.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Holy shit, imagine the tides on Draenor.
    yeah, I'm assuming the moon is just being dramatic and not actually snuggling Draenor.

Azeroth being not just visible from Black Temple, but that comically oversized, is still the dumbest, most nonsensical thing.

That's true, we don't have a screen shot showing that thing hanging in the sky above Shadowmoon. We also don't yet know why it's always night time in shadowmoon. There's something up with that place, and the only hint toward what that could be is some concept art showing a shattered something hanging in the sky and stone pillars oriented toward it with circular symbols on them.

I'd feel awkward not referencing the always night thing. This is the WoD sites description of shadowmoon.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, I'm assuming the moon is just being dramatic and not actually snuggling Draenor.
    What? We have a picture of that thing hanging in the sky above shadowmoon. I linked one! I'll link another!

Its clearly a moon of draenor. Nothing more. The concept art was an earlier version of the moon.