Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My understanding is requirements have already been dropped in a number of fire departments due to complaints and lawsuits by women.

It's getting pretty disturbing. If I'm in a fire and can't get out and pass out from smoke inhilation I don't want someone to grab me and try to slowly drag me out I want someone who can grab me and run out.

I really hate what is being done in the name of "equality".

Edit: just to point on any changes being made would apply to men who aren't up to the task as well.

Wait, so this is about making a reachable goal for both sexes, because at some point or currently it is not?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Wait, so this is about making a reachable goal for both sexes, because at some point or currently it is not?
    It's most likely being done due to pressure from various femenist groups, but any change made would be unified as a single standard for men and women resulting in unfit men as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's most likely being done due to pressure from various femenist groups, but any change made would be unified as a single standard for men and women resulting in unfit men as well.
    Feminist groups influence army now? Welp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Discrimination don't you know? *mumbles something about robots and mechs*.
    Speaking of...Anyone else ever wonder why we don't basically build wheelchair tanks?

Also if you think about it one reason womn weren't allowed in combat was because things like rape once were just part of war..No crime just part of it and it still is in some areas of the world.

Also lowering standards isn't right. If you can do the job go ahead i have no problem but if you need lower standards then no go...

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    Feminist groups influence army now? Welp
    /shrug most people aren't willing to fight lawsuits. I really don't know what is going on, but I can't think of any other reason they would be lowering the standards.

Well that seems really polarizing.
    I still don't get it. Just because the bar is set "lower" does not mean you have to set yourself to just match it. If your dial goes to ten, and you know you need ten why stop at 5? Seems more like the fear should be lazy people just doing the basics should be more of a concern. There is no rule saying you cant max out and you just have to apply yourself to the requirements, rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    /shrug most people aren't willing to fight lawsuits. I really don't know what is going on, but I can't think of any other reason they would be lowering the standards.
    But isn't army a government body I mean how could it get sued by a feminist. I'm not very good at this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also if you think about it one reason womn weren't allowed in combat was because things like rape once were just part of war..No crime just part of it and it still is in some areas of the world.
    It still is an issue when you consider the amount of female veterans reporting it. Rape is horrendous against anyone, but this even against people of an enemy countries, it's against their own sisters in arms. Despicable and certainly is ONE "standard" that does need to change and should not be too much to ask. War veterans, glorified heroes, who are supposed to be honored and all that stuff should certainly be better people than that... that behavior is not deserving of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    But isn't army a government body I mean how could it get sued by a feminist. I'm not very good at this.
    Apparently women can only lift 10 big bags of rice and the test requires you to lift 20 which is something only men can do, so it's sexist, so you can sue?

AKA: really sketchy stuff from a classicly sexist thing, not inclined to change, being forced to change due to new demographics.

Deleted
    I still don't get it. Just because the bar is set "lower" does not mean you have to set yourself to just match it. If your dial goes to ten, and you know you need ten why stop at 5? Seems more like the fear should be lazy people just doing the basics should be more of a concern. There is no rule saying you cant max out and you just have to apply yourself to the requirements, rite?
    This is army, not high school PE class.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

The barrier to entry exists to get people who are up to the task. By lowering that bar it doesn't mean people will try less, it means people who simply cannot perform at that level are now able to get in and drag the entire organization down and in a combat situation endanger lives if they can't perform the tasks that need to be performed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Pendulum swings to the other side but in an extreme.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Apparently women can only lift 10 big bags of rice and the test requires you to lift 20 which is something only men can do, so it's sexist, so you can sue?

AKA: really sketchy stuff from a classicly sexist thing, not inclined to change, being forced to change due to new demographics.
    Not every man can handle the test either, does that make it sexist against men?

Deleted
    It is fine to be biased against unfit, weak men, but not against women that are of equal fitness and strength standards as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    It still is an issue when you consider the amount of female veterans reporting it. Rape is horrendous against anyone, but this even against people of an enemy countries, it's against their own sisters in arms. Despicable and certainly is ONE "standard" that does need to change and should not be too much to ask. War veterans, glorified heroes, who are supposed to be honored and all that stuff should certainly be better people than that... that behavior is not deserving of honor.
    I don't respect/honor anyone unless I feel they've earned it...Even so called medals don't earn it...MAYBE WWII vets to a decent degree but IMO they were one of the last groups who had a worthy cause to fight for.

Military wise to me at least it requires several things.

1. An honorable cause one WORTH fighting for

2. A strong will and obvious true heroics going above and beyond to the point of almost inhuman luck/skill...Almost anything else is part of the job.

3. Yes a good character.

If those 3 are met THEN I will potentially honor you as a hero NOT BEFORE!

The term hero is being just handed out now and yes rape is far too common....Though I personally was trying to point out how wars were once ALOT worse human rights wise as well...Remember human "rights" are just things we as a species made up as a form of internationally agreed upon laws. Not saying they're bad(they're not they are very good) but I AM saying that they are pretty easily broken both openly and in secret.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't handle it outside of say massive adrenaline overdose...No it's not sexist just something I couldn't do...If anything the lower standards are.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

The barrier to entry exists to get people who are up to the task. By lowering that bar it doesn't mean people will try less, it means people who simply cannot perform at that level are now able to get in and drag the entire organization down and in a combat situation endanger lives if they can't perform the tasks that need to be performed.
    I think it's a bigger worry, that people will aim lower because they can, with no significant personal motivation to do better.

Edit: Is this really about equality or just a good way to get more bodies out there? I wonder, cause women seem to be a really good untapped resource.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-11-17 at 11:50 PM.

Can you actually sue the DoD? I was under the impression you couldn't.

Deleted
    I think it's a bigger worry, that people will aim lower because they can, with no significant personal motivation to do better.

Edit: Is this really about equality or just a good way to get more bodies out there? I wonder, cause women seem to be a really good untapped resource.
    I doubt it, the military is not short of potential recruits, especially in peacetime.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I doubt it, the military is not short of potential recruits, especially in peacetime.
    Oh ok ^_^
    Yea I don't really know. Was typing out just a random thought. lol