10+ Year Old Account

Pickup Radius reduced for RoS

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...in_ros/cdet5bb

Ugh.

Remember back in Nightmare difficulty when you'd save a health globe and come back to pick it up later? Or maybe you saw a health globe drop and you'd brave your way past some baddies to pick it up because you wanted the heal? We love that dramatic moment, and we want it to happen more often. Considering it barely happens at all in the live game, even happening once in a blue moon would be great for the dramatic moment it creates
    No, no I don't remember that. What I DO remember, is having to walk over gold and still not pick it the hell up. And having to be forced to get pickup radius on my gear. I remember those things. I don't remember this fake scenario Chang came up with. I want my damn pickup radius.

Indeed, low pickup radius sucks for picking up gold.

I understand their point about picking up health globes, but I think the best idea is to separate them. Or just have gold go straight into your inventory, I think that's alright too.

I agree with the idea that health globes need to be used tactically and not just be a passive random heal.

Still, the original pickup radius sucked bad and i hated having to run back and forth to pick up gold and other things. I hope they can make a distinction between globes and gold.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I said it at game release and I still dont get why they dont do it.

Different radius for gold and health globes.

Can't be that hard.

But it goes in line with all the other unfortunate decisions they make for RoS. I am not surprised.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they can't have either the base radius for gold around twice the level that Globes are or have + pickup radius give 2/3x the effect to gold...

Either way having gold pickup take the hit because they want health globes to be more dramatic seems like a very bad idea.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Sounds like a bad idea...after hopping on D3 recently I was immediately reminded how annoying the pickup radius for gold already is, it certainly doesn't need to be reduced. Like everyone else said, just make a different radius for gold and globes...or have gold just go straight into inventory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I agree with the idea that health globes need to be used tactically and not just be a passive random heal.

Still, the original pickup radius sucked bad and i hated having to run back and forth to pick up gold and other things. I hope they can make a distinction between globes and gold.
    I very much agree. I remember playing my Barbarian with 0 pickup radius, I kept having to walk over a stack of money like 5 times before it got picked up. That is really ruining the gameplay for me. Just the minor buff to baseline pickup radius that was added in a patch meant a lot!

I'm fine with making health globes more tactical, but they should keep their hands off the gold pickup radius. Separating them seems like a good decision.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comme...in_ros/cdet5bb

Ugh.

No, no I don't remember that. What I DO remember, is having to walk over gold and still not pick it the hell up. And having to be forced to get pickup radius on my gear. I remember those things. I don't remember this fake scenario Chang came up with. I want my damn pickup radius.

Not that I agree with this change, but I have done that many times.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back the snake scrolls so they can pick up the gold for you. No idea why they took that out, who wants to run over and pick up gold themselves?
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

This is the crux of it. They need to just make sure it only applies to that ONE scenario and that pickup radius for everything else remains the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Cause its so hard to not let health globes be picked up by running over them unless you stand right on them?

Can't see the problem here - Maybe its more complicated to do this than so.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

It's reduced, not removed. Being able to spend paragon points on it in RoS was probably allowing you for ungodly amounts of PuR. I'm confident you won't have any issues picking up your beloved gold or health globes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    It's reduced, not removed. Being able to spend paragon points on it in RoS was probably allowing you for ungodly amounts of PuR. I'm confident you won't have any issues picking up your beloved gold or health globes.
    How so? Pickup radius is in the same category as movement speed and magic find. You can only pick one of those every 4 levels. Seems to me like it's a very heavy nerf compared to what we have now. It's almost as if you have to be lvl 150 in RoS to have the same benefit as a lvl 50 in Diablo 3 classic.

At least, that's what it looks like to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How so? Pickup radius is in the same category as movement speed and magic find. You can only pick one of those every 4 levels. Seems to me like it's a very heavy nerf compared to what we have now. It's almost as if you have to be lvl 150 in RoS to have the same benefit as a lvl 50 in Diablo 3 classic.

At least, that's what it looks like to me. I hope I'm wrong.
    Well, it's not like this and faesroll has a point. Also, i never needed on any char PuR after the buff; even before the buff i had like 1 piece because having +5yd was more than enough to not incur into the dread "holy hell i run over this pile of gold 30 times and still didn't picked up".

They said "reduced" - maybe from the 5yd we have now (iirc) we will go to 3 or 2. Maybe they fixed the annoying thing that didn't let you pick up things.

There are pro and cons on this. We will need to play and try and get the feeling.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.