What Do You PvP With & Why?

Speaking from the perspective of hunter target in PvP Survival burst is something extremely painful while BM can be avoided and MM requires the scatter-->Trap-->Aim combo...

So, what build do you PvP with and why? Early levels as well as end game.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled a BM hunter to 42 and Kill commanding people at low levels was pretty enjoyable.

~Diss
    Last edited by Diss; 2013-11-21 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Did not see it was the hunter forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Speaking from the perspective of hunter target in PvP Survival burst is something extremely painful while BM can be avoided and MM requires the scatter-->Trap-->Aim combo...

MM, give slightly better control with silencing shot and not having to manage a pet in BM. While not as strong of a burst as BM you can get somewhat more consistent with 9 second CD on Chimera plus arcane spam, then with master marksmanship proc you can throw down even more deeps. Chimera shot heal and daze is a nice bonus but nothing groundbreaking.

I save scatter > trap for cc, not opening of burst.

Deleted
    First of all spec and talents will depend on what kind of pvp you will be doing and what role you will take. As Teucer explained mm brings more control than both other specs and I whould mention better survability due to heals from chimera. On demand burst of mm is reasonably good, survival will have better cleave if you going to paly any aoe cleave comp\team. And scatter/trap/aimed you whould maybe use in duel and only if your oponent is so weak that you dont need these seconds to get in distance/heal yourself. Otherwise you waste cc, our control abilities are major reason of keeping us viable.
    Last edited by mmoc1301093fdb; 2013-11-23 at 09:44 AM.

MM requires the scatter-->Trap-->Aim combo...
    No, MM requires that you can play hunter at a decent level because you dont just spam arcane shot all day. Control seperate the good from the bad.

Early levels it doesnt matter. End game, BM is fine for low mmr but MM shines in the higher brackets

Given up pvp-ing as a hunter. I find bgs to be extremely annoying as it's really easy to get locked down from 100 to 0 if you get 2 guys on you, at least on my melee classes I can do something about that, maybe even kill one of them. On my hunter it's really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Given up pvp-ing as a hunter. I find bgs to be extremely annoying as it's really easy to get locked down from 100 to 0 if you get 2 guys on you, at least on my melee classes I can do something about that, maybe even kill one of them. On my hunter it's really frustrating.
    You must be doing it wrong then. MM hunters are very capable on doing 2v1s. Not always kill but can hold their own and definitely wont go 100 to 0 in an instant.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    You must be doing it wrong then. MM hunters are very capable on doing 2v1s. Not always kill but can hold their own and definitely wont go 100 to 0 in an instant.
    No, not an instant, I just can't do anything besides detterence and rocket boost away. If I stay and fight, things go down pretty lame if I'm up against melees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    No, not an instant, I just can't do anything besides detterence and rocket boost away. If I stay and fight, things go down pretty lame if I'm up against melees.
    you have binding shot, disengage, any tier 1 talents, conclusive shot, scatter + trap, pet cc. yes any melee has lots of gap closers now, but still you can kite them around for a while. if you are rushed with melee dont panic and start using your abilities it will take time time to learn as any other class.