Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Best fix for LFR is don't do it. The only way to have it changed is have it NOT being used. Stop complaining and just don't go, find a decent group of people to do flex with. Apply to a guild that does normal and fits your play style and availability.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    TL;DR: Blizz should implement a system that rewards actively doing the right thing and "punishes" players who expect to be carried.
    Why punish people at all? Why not just reward them for doing the right thing?

Number one on your list should be an addition to normal loot, however this will be partially solved in WoD as they are reducing the amount of sockets and enchants available for items.

Number two is silly as it punishes people for the first time they do a boss, or for other issues that may cause them to do bad. Durumu comes to mind as a boss where this wouldn't work as most people in LFR wouldn't get loot, which is part of the reason for having an LFR mode in the first place. To allow people to see content and get some loot at an easier level.

Number 3 is also stupid. Punish people in every difficulty mode because they perform badly in LFR? What if they are trying out a new spec? A new combo of talents? A new rotation?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

there is nothing wrong with LFR. its the community. that simple
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I can understand your thinking on this issue, but I see a few issues with your ideas.

1. How to implement them? Any truly worthwhile rule will be subject to circumstances. It is extremely hard to impossible to implement software-based rules that have such varying circumstances. Worse, even when you manage to capture a rule that is in 90%+ cases working perfectly, you will get a storm about the last 1-10% of cases since these will be of the sort 'but I am doing perfectly fine yet punished'(which is unfair) or 'this clearly is a slacker who knows how to dodge around the edges of the new rule' which is also unwanted.

The problem of implementation immediately leads to the second issue:

2. Blizzard does its utter best to avoid ambiguous decisions, and likely thus will not try to implement such rules as you propose. Why not? Well, imagine they will do as you want. The first person being treated unfairly by one of the new rules, or the first person seeing someone skirting the new rules, will make a ticket and bring the case to a GM. I bet soon they can hire a whole new army of GM's dealing with these effects, and no matter how hard they try, it will be very hard to rule fairly in all those cases.

So what now?

3. Use the mechanism at hand. *Blizzard* cant do what you want; there are no sufficiently un-ambiguous software approaches to what you want - but players in the raid present can together make that ruling perfectly fine, and enforce the ruling by kicking. The problem with this is that people either get too harsh or too soft... and there is your only real problem, in my eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    To borrow a movie quote, LFR is usually something as follows. "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."
    Between flamers, afkers, and people that give no shit...it can and usually ends up feeling more like a dentist visit then something resembling an "adventure through a difficult dungeon with exciting battles and rewards".

Since the main (if not only reason) LFR is run over and over is loot, a system needs to be put into place that determines whether or not loot will be received. As it stands now, you only have to be in the raid, and near the boss when it dies. That encourages people to lazy, find ways to die at the beginning of the fight so they can go watch TV or browse the web, not give a rats ass about their gear or performance, and for those that aren't the first 3, to feel genuine feelings of negativity towards players who do not pull their weight.

To combat all of the above, a system of checks must be put into LFR. Something along the lines of the following.

1. If <50% of a players gear is enchanted or gemmed, the only rewards they may receive from personal loot are special "enchants" and gems. These would only be active in LFR.
    2. If a player does not dodge Boss abilities enough, their chance for loot should be lowered by a % based on how many times they were hit by an avoidable ability. (Think people standing in ground AoE on ...well, just about any fight). If a player reaches 0% , they receive a gray item worth 1 copper from their bag.
    3. If a player does not reach a minimum threshold of damage/healing/mitigation on a fight, they will not be elgible for loot from that boss for the week. On ANY difficulty. See : All those people in your LFR doing 50-60k DPS on fights that are more or less tank and spank.
    4. Players who actually regularly avoid abilities, perform well for their role (Damaging the boss, healing/dpsing as necessary, actively mitigating boss damage as a tank), should receive a token for a new vendor. Call it the LFR token. Such tokens would be able to be used to purchase special food/flasks/potions usable in LFR only , as well as warforged seals, and for enough of them, 1 piece of gear. (no exact numbers but something reasonable.)

While I'm sure there will still be some problems in LFR, there usually are, rewarding players based on performing the task properly and efficiently rather than just being there should a good amount of the issues LFR suffers from.

TL;DR: Blizz should implement a system that rewards actively doing the right thing and "punishes" players who expect to be carried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    It would be actually interesting if you could get a missing enchant as a loot.
    How about no. Enchanting is already the least profitable prof there is. No need to make it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    How about no. Enchanting is already the least profitable prof there is. No need to make it even worse.
    most lfr users dont use gems or enchants so what monney are enchanters lossing exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    most lfr users dont use gems or enchants so what monney are enchanters lossing exactly?
    You're exaggerating there. Many use it, but many have 1-2 unenchanted/ungemmed items, not completely unenchanted and ungemmed.
    And then there's the failures like casters gemming Int+Stamina or sometimes even pure Stamina, those gems are as good as having no gems.

It will likely get worse in WoD, since the number of pieces that can be enchanted will be going down.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It seems you're trying to make lfr into a whole new game type. I don't care about lfr flasks, I just want to get my loot and leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Why do people need to wonder how they are really doing as long as bosses are dying in LFR? If bosses are going down, doesn't that mean what they are doing is enough? Afterall, this isn't normal/heroic, this is LFR and this is the type of audience for LFR. Not everyone cares about games enough to want to push more out of their characters. For example, my FF14 mage is unenchanted/ungemmed and bosses are dying so he will stay unenchanted and ungemmed. I have my own rotation but I have no idea if that is right or wrong but hey, bosses are dying so I must be doing something right.
    Depends, are you wiping on bosses at all? If you are, chances are its sometimes your fault.

You're exaggerating there. Many use it, but many have 1-2 unenchanted/ungemmed items, not completely unenchanted and ungemmed.
    And then there's the failures like casters gemming Int+Stamina or sometimes even pure Stamina, those gems are as good as having no gems.
    maybe but ive seen a feair few lacking in the gemming and enchanting department

Deleted
    the solution for LFR is plain and simple: as soon as you have normal/hc gear you arent allowed anymore to enter lfr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the solution for LFR is plain and simple: as soon as you have normal/hc gear you arent allowed anymore to enter lfr.
    That's a great idea actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that would make things worse and you know it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

why are you allowed to roll need on greens and or blues in LFR again? another thing that really bothers me and one of the reasons i have a total of 8 lfr boss kills on my main. I am just running lfr (tot last 2 parts) on my shaman to get titan runestones and doing soo in flex

That's a great idea actually.
    so thats you doing even more to discurage off specs great. even with the new geaing system in Wod we will still need different jewelery ext for different specs
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-11-20 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Why would I be wasting my time with dailies that give me a completely useless rep?
    I never said you should do that. I was just explaining why other people do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I'm saying that getting in a huff about everyone being buffed and fed is silly in content as trivial as LFR. Literally the only reason people fail at LFR is blatant (and systemic!) not-trying.
    I understand that and I don't disagree but I'm just explaining why it is that you see so many feasts in LFR. For some players dailies and LFR is their entire end game, so that's where they're going to drop feasts. Raiders will save them up for raids. I used to deposit them into my guild bank, but now that noodle carts are so readily available there's no point. Back to the topic at hand, though, I have yet to see anyone demand that a feast be dropped or that everyone be fed and flasked in LFR. Ironically the same people who complain about ungemmed/unenchanted players are the same ones who mock flasked and fed players in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13