Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ideas for cosmetic Glyphs in WoD

Glyph of the Necromancer (Warlock)
    Demonic Pets transform in to their Undead counterparts (armored skeletons, Nerubians, Mini-Bone Giants etc).

Glyph Of the Guardian of the Naaru (Paladin)
    Guardian of the Ancient Kings transforms in to a Naaru instead of an Angel. Wings During Avenging Wrath are wings made out of Crystal...(imagine challenge pala set).

your turn
    Post some cool cosmetic ideas

Glyph of Combat (Monk)
    You no longer use martial arts animations, instead your normal race animations for attacks/spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Swift Travel Form
    Your swift ground mounts now take the form of your travel form (cheetah or stag).

Glyph of raging speed
    You convert 7 rage per second into a 70% run speed boost. (Except the tooltip would be worded better lol)
    Last edited by Kyux; 2014-02-24 at 11:27 PM.

Glyph of tribal spirits
    Your spirit wolves and ghost wolf take the form of an animal relevent to the shamans race. (orc:wolvers, Dwarf: Mountain Goats, Troll: Spirit raptors, Pandaren: One of the celestials maybe randomly one of the four, Tauren: could keep wolves or even kodo's/plainstriders, Draenei: Elekks or Moths)

Glyph of Holyform as a cosmetic only glyph. The light counterpart to Shadowform.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic224 View Post
    Glyph of tribal spirits
    Your spirit wolves and ghost wolf take the form of an animal relevent to the shamans race. (orc:wolvers, Dwarf: Mountain Goats, Troll: Spirit raptors, Pandaren: One of the celestials maybe randomly one of the four, Tauren: could keep wolves or even kodo's/plainstriders, Draenei: Elekks or Moths)
    Behold, the mighty Spirit Moth and the vengeful Spirit Goat.

Glyph of Transmute from your Legendaries (Warrior)

Guess what it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the prepared warrior - You still carry your shield on your back, when you equip a twohanded weapon or dualwield.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Glyph of the prepared warrior - You still carry your shield on your back, when you equip a twohanded weapon or dualwield.
    I'd love something like that for my hunter.

Glyph of the Ranger: Randomly displays a random 1H weapon (dagger/sword/axe) from your bags as if dual wielding.

Glyph of compensating (warrior): all weapons are 50% bigger

But really, that would make some 2h weapons actually seem like a 2h weapon (most maces). And others...well, compensating for something.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

Death Knight: Glyph of Frozen Obliteration

Your Obliterate generates a frostier effect.

I'm not sure what to read from this, Do you hate the idea or? Either way I guess it's a work in progress and it's something I'd still like to see!

Deleted
    Glyph of the staff-wander
    Actually use the hard-looted mighty staff that is acually always on your back, (exept when you smash rats) to cast spells. Daaaaamn, why is it like it is now.

Glyph of the walking deads (DK)
    Ennemys killed while your plagues are on them will raise as little ghouls/skeletons/geists that do nearly no damage, or just follow you for like a minute and then dies, but look awesome.

Glyph of the frozen death (DK)
    Ennemys directly killed with howling blasts freezes on feets (much like the effect of the item that turns them into stone)

15+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the Exemplar (Warrior)
    Changes your battle stradarts to race-specific model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on the alternate look/sex warlock demons Blizzard mentioned like 4 years ago.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Gift of the exalted exarch.
    Changes your Pally spell colors to purples and white.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Glyph of Combat (Monk)
    You no longer use martial arts animations, instead your normal race animations for attacks/spells.
    That is literally impossible. They had to add animations to the existing models specifically to accomodate the Monk moveset, because the existing animations could not work.

What "normal animations" would work for Roll or Spinning Crane Kick or Fists of Fury?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Glyph of Sha Form (shadow priest)

Changes the color of shadowform and shadow based attacks to Sha themed colors.
    (instead of the dark purplish color of shadow form it would be black and white like a Sha, mind sear and mind flay could look like the sha sear that Sun Tenderheart uses in the fallen protectors fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of the rogue (monk)
    You may equip rogue only gear for xmog (so we can have some reason to do old raids for xmog)

Glyph of the warrior (DK)
    You may equip warrior only gear for xmog

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Behold, the mighty Spirit Moth and the vengeful Spirit Goat.
    Those were literally the two I was laughing about. Not because it's a bad idea, just because it would be silly to see.

Although if I had to come up with one...hm...
    One that changes Execution Sentence to whatever weapon you have equipped, like how there's the Glyph of Bladed Judgement? Cosmetic glyphs for talent choices would be cool.
    Also I guess one for shamans that changes Ascendance's look, I personally like it, but some people think it's ugly apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Glyph of the rogue (monk)
    You may equip rogue only gear for xmog (so we can have some reason to do old raids for xmog)

Glyph of the warrior (DK)
    You may equip warrior only gear for xmog
    Want to equip rogue and warrior gear?

Roll a rogue or a warrior.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1