Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Intervene Nerf - Thoughts?

So, 5.4.2 PTR states that Intervene will no longer break roots/snares. Does this mean warriors are back to a balanced state with their decreased mobility, or do you think that it's too much of a nerf? Remember: less uptime on target means less damage output.

It's definitely a step in the right direction. Currently, there is really no punishment for Warriors who use their root breaks and reflects off CD, because chaining them back to back leaves very little time for casters to set up any CC or damage... obviously it's not the most ideal way to play (unless you're in a cleave), but it's extremely effective and playing this way has almost 0 skillcap because you need hardly any awareness.

If this change goes through, other classes will have the option once they've rooted a Warrior to cast a CC and try and bait reflects without worrying about the Warrior instantly breaking it. This means Warriors who charge with spell reflect up (i see it a lot) won't have the reflect for when a Mage/Druid roots them into a poly/clone etc.

A good change, in my eyes. I'm not sure it'll completely fix the class, but reducing their 100% uptime will definitely make it easier for a lot of the casters that are struggling.

People are going to keep calling for nerfs, regardless of what Blizzard does.

I personally think they're fine with the nerf (and maybe a change to disrupting shout), but the unwashed 1300 Worgen DK masses will keep moaning until they're no longer viable.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    First thought, good.
    Second thought, whats the next nerf?

It's going to be nice not having to juke both interrupts in order to land a CC. Keeping a warrior in a root and only have to juke 2 reflects is a lot more reasonable that juking 4 "interrupts".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    First thought, good.
    Hopefully they just take this step by step and see how each individual nerf impacts the class instead of nerfing multiple things at once.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    First thought, good.
    Third thought: Will this make any appreciable difference at all?

Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    So, 5.4.2 PTR states
    datamining states*

that Intervene will no longer break roots/snares.
    It also started out saying barrier would be a 100% damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Third thought: Will this make any appreciable difference at all?

Not really.
    Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you know exactly nothing about Warriors.

This effectively removes MSR. You didn't see it pre-5.4, you won't see it now.

If you think that won't make an appreciable difference, you're not thinking very much.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Deleted
    Well Intervene was fine after all warrior have 3 talents to break roots.Avatar, Bladestorm, and imp Intervene

Deleted
    It's going to be nice not having to juke both interrupts in order to land a CC. Keeping a warrior in a root and only have to juke 2 reflects is a lot more reasonable that juking 4 "interrupts".

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully they just take this step by step and see how each individual nerf impacts the class instead of nerfing multiple things at once.
    In general i would agree with this statement but for the case of warriors i wouldnt mind them nerfing a few things at once.
    Id rather have warriors over-nerfed than just getting 1 nerf every 6 months when they need atleast 3-4 more nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    datamining states*
    And holinka's twitter confirms.

make mass spell and disrupting shout replace pummel/normal reflect and then move on to mages.

It's a start! :P

I'm sure once they start whatever it is that they're planning to do about the out of control CC in the game this will all be small potatoes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    make mass spell and disrupting shout replace pummel/normal reflect and then move on to mages.
    Never made a scrap of sense to me that mass didn't replace reflect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Sensible nerf, hopefully next expansion they rework that tier, Warriors is one of the few classes that actually got a balanced talent tree

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I would actually agree with this. on MoP Launch, Warriors were easily the best designed class - or specifically, the class with no real hard counters, with the possible exception of a Frost mage.

I'd like to see this for ALL classes, where classes are evenly matched, or as close as they can come anyway.
    There's a difference between "no hard counters" and LOL TASTE FOR BLOOD ONE SHOTS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    There's a difference between "no hard counters" and LOL TASTE FOR BLOOD ONE SHOTS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
    Haha. Okay. You're right. Most classes didn't even have time to mount an effective offense, or defense for that matter. Statement retracted :P

Deleted
    Hopefully more will be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    So much this. This would not nerf them to the ground, but rather bring them in line with the rest of us mere mortals. No other class has that many counters/breaks/offensive/defensive/CC CD's.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Taking off the warrior mobility was a good decision. And ofc its a big mage (comp) buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like it. Dont get me wrong warriors need tons of nerfs. But this is a big mage buff which are already OP.