Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    So you must be that king of dirtbag who rages at everyone and threatens with "reports" I often tend to see?
    Now hear this. What if I told you, you can get low priority queue without doing anything wrong?
    For example, after one of the previous updates I used to get random dota2 fatal errors that would require a pc restart, and would not let me reconnect again resulting in 10 days of total low priority.
    But yea, we need something against all these trolls, specially the ones like you....the worst kind.

Insulting other users and calling them trolls is not allowed. -Axethor
    Last edited by Axethor; 2013-11-29 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I can't say I agree with OP at all, the change is necessary for LP to actually be punishing. And you didn't even need to sleep off your punishment for ruining games, you could just swap to another account and keep playing - sure there's tutorials you have to complete now to enter MM but that doesn't stop a seasoned leaver from already having several accounts to rotate LP on.

For normal players avoiding LP shouldn't be too hard, personally I've almost 4000 games played across a few accounts and I've only been in LP once, and that was in early beta in 2011 when they did a stealth change in how abandons worked and I got punished for being the guy who took the abandon so our 5-stack could forfeit. Now I can take an abandon every now and then and not even have to worry.
    I was waiting for this change for a long time. Always thought it was how it should've functioned.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Haxity is that you?
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.

Did they increase the low priority time (prior to this change). I see many people quoting 48 hours and I've never had one last more than 24 (that was a long time ago though, dc from internet problems). Just curious.

But back to the topic, yes its a good change that you actually have to serve your games.

Do the new system only accept completed games? If so the punishment is ethernal.
    I was in LQ with a firend and didnt complete a single game (all time leaver somewhere about 15 to 20 minutes).
    You cant play in LQ, its basically like WoW LFR (mental wise).

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Maybe you should get a job then... Or a life? <---- I would get chat banned for this.

Sometimes real life situations prevent people from sitting on their ass for a FULL hour. That's why we need casual mode in here ASAP.

I'm not advocating the OP at all because I understand they give you 1 free abandon a day(is that correct?). But maybe some of you should stop White Knighting and saying "I've never been in LPQ, I'm a saint".

Eg. If friends came over you would just sit there and say - "Hey guys I'll just be another 40 minutes I gotta finish this game".
    I like this kind of center of the world attitude, guess what there is 9 other humans playing the game with you and you are wasting their time. If yours is so precious to you, theirs its to them. You do get free abandon when for when shit happens and i have been in low priority before, because i had shit come up and ill eat it up like an adult, because if my time is important enough to waste someone else time, its important enough to take a punishment as well. Its still pretty rare that i end up in low priority i think it happened 3-4 time last year, most of the time when i know its likely i wont make it to the end i dont play, that game, thats my casual mod.

"OMG guyz i have a life" is as stupid as the "OMG guyz i never go into the low priority queue" attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Do the new system only accept completed games? If so the punishment is ethernal.
    I was in LQ with a firend and didnt complete a single game (all time leaver somewhere about 15 to 20 minutes).
    You cant play in LQ, its basically like WoW LFR (mental wise).
    You can play the LPQ games agaisnt bots. Nobody leaves there, games usualy end @25m mark, relativly easy ride out of the LPQ.

Only played in low priority once because I signed up with someone that was in it... never again. Glad I have never been placed there myself.

New Low Prio system is not garbage but great, have seen too many people griefing on purpose and getting away with it

Deleted
    +Jangri, i think there are separate queues for playing vs bots and playing vs people.

There are, but both games count dowards the number of LPQ games that must be palyed.

To some people this system is ok and for some (like you and me it is not )

I used to play dota everyday, and it doesnt matter if im in low pool or not, i just want to play.
    once i get LP for 6 days, and i played almost 30-40 matches in those 6 days. So for gamers like i was, it is a good thing.

Now i dont get time to play, i got low pool for 2 matches in diretide. and from that time i didnt get time to play dota,
    when Wraith Knight was launched. I took some time out to play dota. and my two match LP was still there, and that was pissing me off actually. because i wanted to farm fragments

With the new low-priority system, since you cant leave now at all, you just go back to your base, spam couriers and feed the enemy team. People always yell they'll report you, but in the end nobody does because nobody cares. That way the game will end pretty fast and you wont be stuck in low-priority.

LOW PRIORITY SUCKS , i mean why should i be punished? i did not abandon games , i did not feed , and i did not let my team down .... someone reported me for actually playing noobish? oh my god...so you guys like to punish innocent people? Sigh ... Dota 2 and Valve is turning me off , i really like the game but this has to stop , if they actually analyzed the reports carefully and analyzed the player's internet connection , < it isn't that hard ) then i would not have problems like this one.OH , I'M sorry , i was really hoping people who has good PC performance understand us? guess not...

- - - Updated - - -

and ForCryingOutLoud! i am not an ugly troll. it's not fun trolling other people and wish they would put themselves : how would i feel if i got tolled instead? hah ! serves you right! i'm talking to a light bulb.

- - - Updated - - -

and now i have to play 6 more games on fucking low priority pool.;

I got put into LPQ once.

ONCE.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't get put into LPQ for 6 games if you haven't made a habit of finding yourself there. First time you wind up in LPQ it's like 2 or 3 games, not 6.

I guess we should be surprised that people complaining about being stuck in LPQ are lying about how they got there, though.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You won't get put into LPQ for 6 games if you haven't made a habit of finding yourself there. First time you wind up in LPQ it's like 2 or 3 games, not 6.

I guess we should be surprised that people complaining about being stuck in LPQ are lying about how they got there, though.
    Pretty much the only thing i agree with pizzashark 100% in the history of dota. Stop lying your teeth outs if you want complaints to be taken seriously. It takes massive amounts of reports to get LPQ without leaving. You must be trolling hard or lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I've played DotA for... Well, probably just over a year, but I've 2066 games played and I'm pretty sure I've never been in Low priority. I can only assume you must've gone out of your way to do something unpleasant to warrant enough reports to land you in a 6 game low prior. That's not really a "bad luck" kind of thing
    You also don't talk to people in chat or abandon games.

And pretty sure it's been two years+

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You also don't talk to people in chat or abandon games.

And pretty sure it's been two years+
    You mean you have to talk for people to want to report you?

Geez, I hope someone explained that to the person in my game the other day who started calling to report like 15 seconds after everyone picked their hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played DotA for... Well, probably just over a year, but I've 2066 games played and I'm pretty sure I've never been in Low priority. I can only assume you must've gone out of your way to do something unpleasant to warrant enough reports to land you in a 6 game low prior. That's not really a "bad luck" kind of thing
    You're way too nice to ever end up in low priority!

I do talk to people in chat! Just not when you are around. You intimidate me! When I play alone I am talkative
    There's a joke in here somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You mean you have to talk for people to want to report you?

Geez, I hope someone explained that to the person in my game the other day who started calling to report like 15 seconds after everyone picked their hero.
    I'm pretty sure those fucknuts are telling everyone else to report X because they're already out of reports for the week. Personally I never report people unless they're doing something to earn it, and I'm never out of reports. I can't remember the last time I reported someone and didn't get a notification a day or two later that mentioned someone getting slapped.