Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Uh, Rift is by NO means "dead." It has won many awards and it's playerbase, while not as big as WoW, has always been steady. In fact, since they went free, it's gone up a great deal.

The fact of the matter is, if you're going strictly by player loss, WoW is dying. It was at 12.5 million and is now below 8 million. I'd say losing over 25% of your player base isn't healthy. They could stand to make players feel more appreciated.
    I like how you put those two things in the same comments.
    Because some games that shall remain 'unnamed' lost almost 70% of their playerbase and were forced to go F2P instead of having to close their servers.

But no, they are "steady", aren't "dead" and "win many awards".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I just can't help but feel it's underwhelming when they set the bar with pets previously.
    twice, that's it.........and people bitched about them.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I just can't help but feel it's underwhelming when they set the bar with pets previously.
    Right, I'd be happy if they let us take some of the old pets which are now unobtainable (yes, that's called "recycling") as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Uh, Rift is by NO means "dead." It has won many awards and it's playerbase, while not as big as WoW, has always been steady. In fact, since they went free, it's gone up a great deal.

The fact of the matter is, if you're going strictly by player loss, WoW is dying. It was at 12.5 million and is now below 8 million. I'd say losing over 25% of your player base isn't healthy. They could stand to make players feel more appreciated.

How many server mergers did rift have? Thats steady to you?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Right, I'd be happy if they let us take some of the old pets which are now unobtainable (yes, that's called "recycling") as is.
    Then people would bitch about rehashed pets.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Oh I totally know they would, but I still think that's what a good deal would be.

That reminds me, I should send Blizz a christmas card this year. I'll just use an old card sent to me last year, just cross out my name and put Blizzard on it, should do the trick.

Because in the past they have given us free birthday toys to play with..it's not like they lack unreleased pets to give us...lil malygos, lil alextraza etc >.<

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Oh I totally know they would, but I still think that's what a good deal would be.
    If people are going to bitch either way why bother? Blizzard seems to be of the mindset "Damned if we do, damned if we don't" and I can't blame them, their players are the most miserable ungrateful self entitled brats out there, and yes I am including myself because of my stance on LFR and all the cross realm stuff. Quite honestly I am surprised Blizzard hasn't issued a statement basically saying "Go screw yourselves we are doing what we want, either you like it or you don't"

What would have been cool was an item that gave 100% bonus rep and XP.

9% is pretty worthless, considering the only grind at 90 anyone really has left is Shao-hao, and 9% isn't enough to get me interested in the ~2000 mob grind. Oh well, hope next year has something cool, but I expect something terrible.

Because people are obviously bitching because they got the Blizzard bear amirite?

What you're talking about is a completely different topic altogether. If you're going down the road of 'Blizzard shouldn't do it cuz everyone will bitch anyways' then we might as well not have any new content, cuz guess what? People will bitch about it. And apparantly, that's what you want and are satisfied with, and feel that everyone else should be content as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Because people are obviously bitching because they got the Blizzard bear amirite?

What you're talking about is a completely different topic altogether. If you're going down the road of 'Blizzard shouldn't do it cuz everyone will bitch anyways' then we might as well not have any new content, cuz guess what? People will bitch about it. And apparantly, that's what you want and are satisfied with, and feel that everyone else should be content as well.
    He stated they should bring back old pets, I said people would bitch it wasn't on a totally different subject, do me a favor and stay quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Holy shit people are greedy. I thought this game was for fun, not for a virtual-item-investment plan? You guys do realize that just because you pay $15 a month, does NOT mean you own the company or that the company owes you ANYTHING at all, right?

Like, wtf stop n shop, give me a fucking birthday cake. Jesus.
    100% this. People think their $15/mo give them the right to get anything they want. No.. it gives you the right to play the best MMO there is.. period.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Indstructble12 View Post
    100% this. People think their $15/mo give them the right to get anything they want. No.. it gives you the right to play the best MMO there is.. period.
    You may be happy paying your $15/month for server time and no new content, but that it's not enough for me. It's simple if you think about what the premise of an MMO is, and that's progressive content. We're in the deadzone right now.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 08:48 PM.

You may be happy paying your $15/month for server time and no new content, but you can't stop me from saying that it's not enough for me.
    Voice your opinion with your wallet and unsub from the game, citing "Not enough new content" as the reason for unsubscribing. Continuing to pay $15/month for something you aren't enjoying sends the wrong message to the developer.

I'm getting a bit of a laugh from people feeling entitled to having things. You can only extend a hand so far with gifts in a game like this. Sure some useless pets are cool and they do them for large events and large anniversaries but what, are you expecting "Thanks for playing here's free epics!". Cause you know... that's one of those things that aftfects the game negatively, especially when the end game goal is to gear and kill bosses. They toss in some freebie perks as a "Hey happy anniversary here's something nice for being here". Not everyone has played for 9 years so should people who only started playing last week get a different level of reward that others? That'd just be a head ache and waste of time.

People that feel entitled are no better than the guys who complained about how steam didn't run some Halloween game event this time as if that's a requirement. Blizz could just as simply say thanks for the 9 years of support cheers. Like someone said above, you can spend thousands of bucks on booze, clothes, computer parts, games, groceries etc... you don't see other companies going around with "Heyyy here's a bunch of free stuff for you". Its a business in the end. Blizz is good enough to offer some niceties along with seasonal events to keep everyone happy, the thanks they give you is by constantly developing stuff you enjoy playing and can do in your spare time (unless you don't enjoy the game, in which case just quit and stop complaining).
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Voice your opinion with your wallet and unsub from the game, citing "Not enough new content" as the reason for unsubscribing. Continuing to pay $15/month for something you aren't enjoying sends the wrong message to the developer.
    You need to read the backlogs. I can't reiterate enough that I've been unsubbed since Cata, actively looking for a reason to come back, AND am disappointed at the (lack of) content available for what I would like to be doing.

You may be happy paying your $15/month for server time and no new content, but that it's not enough for me. It's simple if you think about what the premise of an MMO is, and that's progressive content. We're in the deadzone right now.
    Then don't play it. Problem solved.

But no pet, like the last couple of years, is suddenly a "lack of progressive content"?
    If people are going to bitch either way why bother? Blizzard seems to be of the mindset "Damned if we do, damned if we don't" and I can't blame them, their players are the most miserable ungrateful self entitled brats out there, and yes I am including myself because of my stance on LFR and all the cross realm stuff. Quite honestly I am surprised Blizzard hasn't issued a statement basically saying "Go screw yourselves we are doing what we want, either you like it or you don't"
    Ooh, they do! On multiple occasions
    But they are tactical with it and twist the words, but they say that often.

My sig would be one of those examples!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

No new content? They put out new content all the time LMAO you are just a troll, if you are unsubbed then go find somewhere else to troll.

Timeless Isles is the last big update we're going to get till 6.0. You under a rock?