Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's free. But it's not stuff. It's pixels. And not even pixels that had to be designed, really. It uses some incredibly old tabard model with an incredibly old texture and gives you a buff in-game similar to many of the ones you get from holidays. It's more of a slap in the face because it's an automated, thoughtless process that used to actually mean something. Enlightenment.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    It's free. But it's not stuff. It's pixels. And not even pixels that had to be designed, really. It uses some incredibly old tabard model with an incredibly old texture and gives you a buff in-game similar to many of the ones you get from holidays. It's more of a slap in the face because it's an automated, thoughtless process that used to actually mean something. Enlightenment.
    Believing just because we got pixels in the past means we should in the future too. Entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow talk about some spoiled brats in this forum. I want something NOW! I play your game so you should give me something! Grow up people. Your reward is a game thats fun to play and has been around for 9 years. New generation of players thinking they should get rewarded for playing a game they enjoy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Let me guess, you're not an adult yet? Typically, when it is your birthday, you treat your friends a drink, bring a snack for everyone to work, or anything really. Receiving birthday gifts stops once you hit age 20.

Really? This is news to me and I'm 30.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Haven't we been paying subscription for the game? Didn't we pay to buy the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Haven't we been paying subscription for the game? Didn't we pay to buy the game?
    Didn't you get the game? Were you able to play it when you paid? If so what is your point?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

YAY 9% Xp and rep on my lvl 90 fully exalted warlock......

TBH if they are going to send me something so utterly worthless I would rather them just not send anything.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    YAY 9% Xp and rep on my lvl 90 fully exalted warlock......

TBH if they are going to send me something so utterly worthless I would rather them just not send anything.

Because you = everyone right? I mean it's only common sense that if you aren't leveling a toon no one is.....

The sense of entitlement in this game(and thread) is disgusting. Boo fucking hoo blizzard didn't give you a free pet. Let's look back on everything they've given you the ability to earn in the past year and tell me that they haven't done shit for you. Don't take this as someone who is up blizzards ass and thinks they're god or anything, take this as someone who understands that it is a video game. Tell me one other video game in the world past or present that gives players such a huge say in what happens to the design of the game they are playing? Be happy with what you get and stop feeling like blizzard owes you shit. They've already given you the best mmo this world has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    Just enjoy the game folks, they're not making it for you specifically. When you were playing Super Mario Bros. you learned to jump over piranha plants, you didn't complain until they removed the damn thing.

Deleted
    It should have been at least 90% bonus. 9% is NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Because you = everyone right? I mean it's only common sense that if you aren't leveling a toon no one is.....
    Im sure I am not the only one who got a worthless item in the mail, in fact I know I am not 1/2 my guild deleted theirs. Its not hard to send something EVERY ONE can use. How but a flask with a 14 day duration and a scaling effectiveness so every player in the game can use it. Or an item that removes durability costs from your gear for a period of time.

The "gift" they sent is pointless and lazy. With a small bit of effort they could send out something every one can make use of, instead of delete.

Shoot even if I were leveling a toon, I would not be out there doing cart wheels over a paltry 9% boost.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I figure it's a good thing to always demand more out of a business that's being paid for. I don't think the game would be as good as it is if we never gave them feedback on what we want.

Personally I just wish the thing was actually useful to me. Been looking froward to something for awhile, so it's a bit of a let down. Hopefully year 10 will be better.

The free XP boost is helping my alts wonderfully!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I guess they got tired of people whining about them "wasting dev time" on pets for handouts.
    naw people would whine regardless. It is more of any dev time spent on x pushes Y back. i'm stocked on WoD so i rather see nothing else till end of expansion and see an amazing expansion then a "here you go have a pet/mount"...Hell they are even making BoA's cross realm BEFORE expansion so take THAT as your present for the 9 years.

I've spent a couple thousand dollars on this game, easy, and I don't think they have to do jack on the anniversary dates. That money was spent on the game as it was, every month that payment was due, and all future payments will be the same. The pets were a neat little bonus, but they weren't a reason to spend 15 dollars let alone two thousand, and besides that it's been four years since the last one. People should wake up and smell the pattern.

The buff isn't nothing anyway. I've started leveling my alts now that I've got the buff for a couple weeks. It's a nice change of pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Say thank you for the cupcake and stop telling the person with the anniversary to buy YOU a present.
    We're the ones paying for those cupcakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit people are greedy. I thought this game was for fun, not for a virtual-item-investment plan? You guys do realize that just because you pay $15 a month, does NOT mean you own the company or that the company owes you ANYTHING at all, right?

Like, wtf stop n shop, give me a fucking birthday cake. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes the next birthday we get a 10% buff - how is that "a bit more substantial"?
    You can tell the future?
    Can you tell me the lottery numbers if so?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know people who spend that in 8 months on alchohol, but I don't see Budweiser giving them a free case of beer on their anniversary.
    I've spent that in two nights. I had lots of fun, probably should have gone to the hospital, learned to thoroughly dislike taxi drivers and how much they charge, gained a huge amount of confidence, got glandular fever and one introspective trip home that made me regret the whole lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    We're the ones paying for those cupcakes.
    So we take a cupcake, we don't demand they hand over their new XBox.