Thread: Is this normal?

Is this normal?

I have two intake fans (One in the front, one on the side) I have 3 exhaust fans (Two on the top, one on the back) Idle temp for both GPU and CPU is average 30c. When I play games, my GPU can sometimes jump to 80C while my CPU rarely goes higher than 37C under load. Is it normal for my GPU to be jumping 50C when playing games?

I have 560ti..

What kind of 560ti is it? Can you get a picture of it if you don't know? Have you checked the fan speed(while gaming) via something like MSI Afterburner? Is the fan running or making any sort of weird noises

Temps in the 60' & 70's is usually normal for gaming, but 80 is a bit much and can usually indicate a problem with the fan.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-11-19 at 02:55 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    What kind of 560ti is it? Can you get a picture of it if you don't know? Have you checked the fan speed(while gaming) via something like MSI Afterburner? Is the fan running or making any sort of weird noises

Temps in the 60' & 70's is usually normal for gaming, but 80 is a bit much and can usually indicate a problem with the fan.
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB. I don't have a cell phone that takes pictures, so I can't get you one. I don't have MSI Afterburner, but I will download it right now. As for weird noises, when I first got the system the top exhaust fans were making rattle sounds. I since then replaced those and the sounds stopped. No weird sounds from my graphics card though.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB.
    I think he ment to ask what manufacturer of the nvidia card you have, different manufacturers put on different fans, such as ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    I think he ment to ask what manufacturer of the nvidia card you have, different manufacturers put on different fans, such as ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA etc. etc.
    Oh.. lol Let me open the case and see what is says. I'm pretty sure it's EVGA though. Yup, EVGA it is.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1GB. I don't have a cell phone that takes pictures, so I can't get you one. I don't have MSI Afterburner, but I will download it right now. As for weird noises, when I first got the system the top exhaust fans were making rattle sounds. I since then replaced those and the sounds stopped. No weird sounds from my graphics card though.
    As Marq stated, I am looking for the manufacturer of the card so I can see what kind of cooling it has.

You could always download Speccy and run it and under the Graphics tab it should tell you the manufacturer in the "subvendor" category. That or open the case and see if you can see any labels or anything that has a name on it.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I'm downloading MSI afterburner.. Is there a faster download link? The one from their website says it take 30 minutes just to downlod a 21 mb file. lol

Oh.. lol Let me open the case and see what is says. I'm pretty sure it's EVGA though. Yup, EVGA it is.
    Well it'd seem the 560ti normally gets around 75-80 degrees while gaming, shouldn't really be a problem in on its own. Keep monitoring them every now and then though, if they start to rise higher you might want to upgrade the overall cooling in your case, maby get a new case all in all with better airflow.

Could also state the obvious and say that you might want to clean the inside of your computer, just get rid of some dust, if it was a long time since you did so it might help... alot.
    Last edited by Marquize; 2013-11-19 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    Well it'd seem the 560ti normally gets around 75-80 degrees while gaming, shouldn't really be a problem in on its own. Keep monitoring them every now and then though, if they start to rise higher you might want to upgrade the overall cooling in your case, maby get a new case all in all with better airflow.
    I have a HAF 912, I thought those cases were really good for cooling, no?

I have a HAF 912, I thought those cases were really good for cooling, no?
    Oh yea, the coolermaster HAF series is really good, in the sense of case you wouldn't really need get a new one then, but as I said, after a quick search on zeh webs I found multiple similar cases where the 560ti reaches 75-80 degrees while gaming, so it's very common and nothing to be worried about as long as it stays in about that temperature

I could also say that if you ever feel like replacing that card in the future, I'd recommend the ASUS ones, the cooling in those are real good and you'd atleast never have to worry about that.(as long as it works as it should)
    Last edited by Marquize; 2013-11-19 at 03:40 PM. Reason: adding more

Okay, here I am running Star Citizen (Hangar Client).. Here is a screen shot of MSI Afterburner

http://i.imgur.com/WX0lnTr.png