Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I like the riptide glyph. In current 10 man environment glyph of chain heal is of tremendous help, and riptide glyph provides a convenient filler cast in between glyphed chain heals. 11/14 hc, using it on every fight, often being the top healer.
    I suspect that with perfect play it's suboptimal, but the difference is much smaller than you're making it out to be. Not having to worry about riptide cooldown frees up a significant proportion of my brain cycles to pay attention to more important stuff. YMMV

The biggest thing I can see is you don't remember ABC.(ALWAYS be casting. You outgear my shaman by a bit you should not have any mana issues. Learn to change glyphs based on the fight. Spread fights like Imm I like the Chain heal and Riptide glyphs. On protectors I go with Conductivity(saves 40k mana every 40 seconds thats 5kmp5). Remember to ABC and spec/glyph for the fight and you will see your numbers skyrocket. Most of your healing comes from Healing Rain so your raid is aware of the good blue circle. Use ascendance and/or Healing tide to top off raid after big spikes.
    Net+, A+, MCDST, Security+, CCNA, BASc

Deleted
    I had 18k spirit aswell, after reading this thread I changed it all to haste and mastery (I still have 11k, but not much I can do about that) and the difference is amazing! I am doing so much more healing! The only down side is I am running low on mana more, but using mana tide is no problem =3

so ty people of this thread ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbixx View Post
    I am the shaman that he posted for and all of your guys info has been very helpful.

I'm not going to lie, no need to.... I was gemming spirit and the such because it's what askmrrobot said to do. I switched out some glyphs and regemmed
    mr robot is crap for healers, ignore it at all costs.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    I had 18k spirit aswell, after reading this thread I changed it all to haste and mastery (I still have 11k, but not much I can do about that) and the difference is amazing! I am doing so much more healing! The only down side is I am running low on mana more, but using mana tide is no problem =3

so ty people of this thread ^^
    Why Mastery? :P

I don't think our Mastery is good at all. I'm reforged out of all of my Mastery and I'm still sitting above 50%. So if I ever really needed my Mastery, it would still be useful. I like Crit a lot more, because of Resurgence. Whenever your heals Crit, you get mana returned. Also, if someone drops low, use Healing Surge and boom (Crit + Mastery) and they're at full hp. For reforges I'd go:

Int > Spirit until comfortable (For me its at 11k) > Haste 9000 (Extra ticks on Healing Stream Totem) > Crit >>>>> Mastery

I was running full Mastery at one point and the switch made me a lot happier. I'm healing alt raids with another Shaman who is gemming full Haste and is 10ilvl higher than me and I'm beating him every fight. Just trying to give you something to think about. ^^

thank you guys so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    On the subject of glyphs, I know I would never even consider Glyph of Chaining because I've pretty much replaced my single target healing of HW/GHW with CH, unless I really need a big heal. Especially in AoE intensive aspects of an encounter, a CD on CH is just extremely restrictive and a little stupid I feel. I actually can't think of many fights where the distance increase of a CH jump would be warranted, normal nor heroic.
    It is pretty stupid to not see the benefit of chaining glyph in 10 men. Especially if you replaced your single target healing with CH it is so worth to glyph it because you always have 4 viable targets for the smart portion. The only boss i don't see it being useful is Garrosh HC atm.

Everywhere else there is absolutely no point in crippling your CH because there are no viable/low targets to jump in the nonglyphed range. Just think about where your 2 Jumps of Chainheal is going on a boss like Juggernaut (other than the 2 tanks)

Even though you are grouping on Thok you can't fit 2 CH inbetween the screeches so you rather go glyphed chaining for p2.