Thread: Gemming issues.

Deleted

Gemming issues.

Hi, I am puzzled by the latest gemming stats that Mr Robot, Icy Viens and other sites are coming out with.

I am 2h frost
    Previously strength has nearly always been our top stat for dps increase, All red gems were strength etc.
    Now MR robot and other sites are advocating hybrid str+crit gems for red slots and other slots being crit related.

I'm really not sure if that is right because when I gem in such a way my DPS takes a hammering due to loss of strength.

To me the stats look wrong, is there a reason why thay want to gem for less strength?

Sites like AMR use stat weights built around BiS lists and Patchwerk-style fights. While they're certainly improving their default stat weights (remember when they recommended pure Haste?) you're better off first simming yourself with a program that considers a variety of combat scenarios and using those stat weights.

Deleted
    For me it seems strange because in stat priority list they recommend str > hit+exp caps > crit > mastery > haste

yet for gemming they seems to avoid Strength and advocate stacking crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    For me it seems strange because in stat priority list they recommend str > hit+exp caps > crit > mastery > haste

yet for gemming they seems to avoid Strength and advocate stacking crit.
    Because Gems give double weight to secondary stats versus primary stats. 1 Str > 1 Crit but 2 Crit > 1 Str. The value of each Crit relative to Str is probably .6-.8 (so 2 Crit should be 1.2-1.6 Strength, which is more than 1 Strength) for you but without simming yourself you won't know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to go ahead and say that Ask Mr. Robot has its stat values set for whatever the website has not the most correct values so generally it won't give you the best possible gems.
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

first download the current version of www.simulationcraft.org version 541-1 then goto options and select scaling click on analyze all stats, run a sim you'll see results, and your stat weights. now, goto http://www.askmrrobot.com/ load your character then click the button edit weights, now you'll see they are way off from your sim'd results, put in your stat weights from simc and optimize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask Mr Robot is a calculator tool, you have to enter the correct numbers for it to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    first download the current version of www.simulationcraft.org version 541-1 then goto options and select scaling click on analyze all stats, run a sim you'll see results, and your stat weights. now, goto http://www.askmrrobot.com/ load your character then click the button edit weights, now you'll see they are way off from your sim'd results, put in your stat weights from simc and optimize.
    It sshould be sufficient to analyze strength, mastery, haste and crit and cuts down on your sim time alot.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose