Heroic Paragons of the Klaxxi 25man

We're just getting into progression on this fight and it's a blast. I love this kind of fight. The more abilities to deal with the more interesting an encounter is to me.

I don't really have any questions about the fight itself. What I am looking for is the opinions and advice of my fellow hunters. It doesn't matter to me if you've killed it, are progressing on it, or you've only watched videos on it. I'd like to hear your thoughts on spec, talents, or really anything you would like to add.

Last week we took a few attempts at it and I was chosen to pick up the buff from Rik'kal. The one that turns you into a scorpion. Are there opportune times to use this ability or should I just use it on CD?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I appreciate any and all information I can absorb.

It's a normal singletarget tank and spank encounter. Standard talent set, standard playstyle. You should never pick up the rikkal buff though, it scales too well with AP which is why you let a tank pick it, external CD him, and watch him do 2M+ dps for 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's a normal singletarget tank and spank encounter. Standard talent set, standard playstyle. You should never pick up the rikkal buff though, it scales too well with AP which is why you let a tank pick it, external CD him, and watch him do 2M+ dps for 30 seconds.
    Thanks Draco. I'll pass along your opinion of the Rik'kal buff. I was surprised to be chosen for it, but did my best with the job assigned to me. It may have just been for the one night as we didn't have a lot of time to spend on it and they may have just given out assignments quickly to get a few pulls in.

Deleted
    Dracodraco pretty much covered the important things already. I don't see a reason to lay anything but Beast Mastery for this fight, and because of that you might want to poke your raid leader for the Manipulator buff. The Kunchong you spawn with it does deal more damage based on your mastery. Depending on what kind of tactic you use, you can make good use of Beast Cleave as well albeit for a very small and somewhat less significant portion of the fight. But that depends on your tactics, the the most common tactic doesn't involve being able to cleave at all.

I'm not sure if I agree with tanks taking the scorpion perk, they overaggro very easily with it which usually means them getting one-shot shortly after. But on the other hand I don't have any experience with tanking this fight.

didnt even think about that manipulator kunchong and bm mastery i should try it next week

i usually grab the hisek one

Well I can tell you they should be using a melee to use the scorpion buff since the scorpion is melee and it'd only make sense to have a melee use it, otherwise you got a range who then has to also be in melee.

Deleted
    I did pick it up as a SV and i did way more dmg then any other class but in the end a melee should take it not a range. Besides that there is a bug with sting where you get 4 ticks in 1 second.
    Last edited by mmoccb5d5773b1; 2013-11-20 at 10:37 PM.

I do take the scorpion buff as Bm Hunter, because we didn't want to take the risk with a tank doing it. The skills of that scorpion scale with crit and your pet keeps attacking the boss (I think you need to put it on assist), so Bm Hunter are probably the best choice after tanks for that one.
    If you do it, it's important to know that you still count as range while in scorpion, so you really need to keep the hurl amber timer in eye or watch out for Ka'roz flying away to his platform and leave the melee camp. You can use the 4th skill for that part, as you shouldn't use it in melee range anyway.

If you go for that Skeer > Rik'kal > Korven > Hisek > Xaril > Iyyokuk > Kaz'tik > Karoz > Kil'ruk order, keep the buff for Korven after you baited that healing amber on Hisek/Kil'ruk and for Xaril. You don't want to use it instant on Xaril though, because you will probably get bloodlust anyway at the beginning and it does not scale with haste, and more important you should wait for the first colour based skill he uses (don't know the name), because chances are high you have to run far away from the boss with orange or purple and won't be able to damage him.
    After that I pretty much use it on cd and I didn't encounter other harsh moments yet, but we killed it only twice yet.

Another point is that you and your healers need to be aware that you take some extra damage and you really need to avoid every extra damage possible, like fiery edges or orange and green pudles from Xaril.

But as other already told you, tanks really should be the first choice for that, especially bears witch makes the dps intensive phases really easy if you can handle the damage he takes. I saw bears doing 5 million burst dps with that buff active, while I max out at 1 million if I am lucky.

Edit: I forgot to add that if you got the chance to take Haromm's Talisman as 2nd trinket you should do it, it procs from the scorpion damage
    Last edited by Squall; 2013-11-21 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post

I'm not sure if I agree with tanks taking the scorpion perk, they overaggro very easily with it which usually means them getting one-shot shortly after. But on the other hand I don't have any experience with tanking this fight.
    That's the entire point :P. Tank pops long-time CD right before going into scorpion, and has externals chained on to him while he tanks Xaril, burning it down for a consistent +300K vengeance. There's no real damage apart from tanks going on at that point anyway, only intensive moment is the one Fiery edges you should get (which is obv CD'd, preferably by a shaman totem/devo or rallying cry, so healers can keep healing tanks etc).

Squall, waiting with the buff seems counter-intuitive. Xaril is basicly on 10-20% when he uses his first (and only) color-code buff. I assume most guilds goal is to not get a second. Also, every paragon apart from the first 3 has a 1 minute grace-period before they use their abilities (EG Fiery edges, color code, reave) and then start using it on a 30 or 45 second timer afterwards (as far as I can see). This means you have much less time between 1 and 2 color code, than 0 and 1.

After more attempts I can definitely agree that if it doesn't go to a tank, melee would be a better option. I did just fine with it, but having to leave melee for hurl amber can cause some timing issues.

I've read the scorpion scales with AP and crit. Which type of melee would be the best choice? Rogue, feral, WW? I'm not familiar enough with melee specs to know which secondary stats the different specs go for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    After more attempts I can definitely agree that if it doesn't go to a tank, melee would be a better option. I did just fine with it, but having to leave melee for hurl amber can cause some timing issues.

I've read the scorpion scales with AP and crit. Which type of melee would be the best choice? Rogue, feral, WW? I'm not familiar enough with melee specs to know which secondary stats the different specs go for.
    yea in the start of fights sometimes hurl amber would fuck us if someone got put in scorpion as a ranged and it wore off as soon as hurl amber went out and amber would be in melee, it's just best to be on a melee instead of a ranged.

and I think one spec of rogues go for crit, not sure though, I think feral goes for mastery and idk about WW monks, dont quote me on that.

If you happen to have a Druid tank, you might wanna see if he can grab it. We get Druid to grab the scorpion, and when coupled with Nature's Vigil, he rapes.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    If you happen to have a Druid tank, you might wanna see if he can grab it. We get Druid to grab the scorpion, and when coupled with Nature's Vigil, he rapes.
    Our MT is a Brewmaster Monk. How well do they fair? They may be grabbing a different buff for some reason. I'm pretty sure our other tank, Prot Pally, is grabbing the trap someone in amber buff.

I can't remember if we BoP or Salved our Monk tank with the scorp buff... or both. But yeah... not giving it to a tank is a waste IMO.

Also, as a little scorp, hunters can cobra shot Might be a bug... oh wells.

Oh yeah, people always forget to mention... 10 or 25 man?

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Oh yeah, people always forget to mention... 10 or 25 man?
    Says 25man right in the title.

in general tanks > melee for the scorpion buff. Any class based self buffs will effect you in the scorpion mode. This means that Vengeance is really strong as the scorpions scale off your AP and crit and haste. If you don't want to use your tanks for this (can be troublesome because they wont be able to use mitigation abilities or block or parry) best bets are probably Feral druids > Windwalker monks. This is because Feral Druids Savage roar (self based 40% damage buff) and Nature's Vigil (12% increased damage and 25% of all damage turns to healing) can be stacked for some ridiculous +Damage% as well as off healing. Wind Walker Monks can pop Tiger Eye Brew for 15 seconds of increased damage but this doesnt last the entire duration of the scorpion mode while both nature's vigil and Savage Roar do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Our MT is a Brewmaster Monk. How well do they fair? They may be grabbing a different buff for some reason. I'm pretty sure our other tank, Prot Pally, is grabbing the trap someone in amber buff.

Brewmaster should be fine to tank with the scorpion but you will want to chain externals if the damage is too high. that said with the ox statue out he probably will do some sick heals of his own on the raid.