Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What kinds of presents do men like?

Hi! So here's the gist: I've been with my man for 1.5 years now and Christmas is coming up and I'm thoroughly confused as to what to get him.

His birthday just passed and I bought him a nice shave set with a straight razor because he'd dropped hints about that. Aside from that, I'm not really sure what else to get him. I want it to be something nice and under $100. He's financially stable and can essentially get whatever he wants himself, I just want something that's special and that will last a while.

What kinds of presents do you, menfolk, love/want to get? I need ideas!

I never have a clue when people ask me. If I want something I'll buy it. If I can't afford it you're not going to buy it for me either.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    1.5 years and you don't know?

Electronics, sexy outfits, and more electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by likemah View Post
    1.5 years and you don't know?
    He usually drops hints and either I've gotten him what he wanted or he's bought it himself. I'm out of ideas, currently.

Same as women. Something that is connected with hobby, for example a book of a favorite author that has been released recently. Or blu-ray set.
    Or something special that will remind us of the gifting person. It is nice to add something from yourself, even if it is simply written words on a card.

Can't really say without knowing more about him.

I personally don't really like gifts unless they're consumable (food, alcohol, etc.) or something I specifically asked for. Basically, I don't need or enjoy having more "stuff" laying around; I have what I want already.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that's connected to the hobby that and the best gift is lots of love and affection helps to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything from Dunhill or Gieves & Hawkes would do me just fine.

People would need information about him - Does he work in an office? What hobbies does he have? Etc.

By yourself a sexy santa lingerie outfit, put a bow with ribbon on top of your head and lay in the bedroom.

For a man....There's no better gift. Can't be beat.

You can do that one thing that you say you won't do with him. But only if you reaaaallllyyy like him. Other than that you should really know what he likes after 1.5 years. You could get him a tie (lol) or something connected with a hobby. Maybe a book on a subject he likes.

Hmm. Food, sex, and electronics.

So if I make him a sandwich, bang him until he can't get up no more, and then give him the TV remote, would that be alright?

10+ Year Old Account
    Expensive whisky always works.

Unless he goes to AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eirulon View Post

So if I make him a sandwich, bang him until he can't get up no more, and then give him the TV remote, would that be alright?
    Sounds about right. We have a date.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything you think might hold some sentimental value to him. Unless he really wants something in particular (New computer, A new jacket, an entire 10,000 piece Warhammer40k tabletop set) just get him something, as mentioned before, that speaks to a hobby or interest of his.

--Edit--

That works too, but make it an extra special sandwich
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2013-11-20 at 07:53 PM.

Marry me please?

I was never materialistic either, so all I asked of my girlfriends were simple things like take me out to my favorite restaurant, or cook me my favorite meal, etc.

Material things like gift cards, electronic gadgets, etc can come from friends/relatives. The gift from you should be special and mean something.

Also...I'm not trying to be crude but it can also be his favorite sexual act. Seriously.

He is a man and he is financially stable and can essentially get whatever he want....Do you really need to ask? Do i need to remind you, he is a man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Marry me please?

Hah! /10 char
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yes, in a nutshell..But there's still better...You just gotta combine them...Suck him off as he's eating a sandwich and watching TV. Then you have something magical.

Legos and games it is, then! He's wanted that giant Star Wars ball shaped thing/ship. And new PS4 games. Woooooo. Thanks!