Page 1 of 2
LastLast

iPhone popup adds

So, is anyone else getting add popups on their iPhone/other device. There is one extremely obnoxious one that I only have happen when I'm on mmo champ and it takes me out of the net app (safari or chrome), and opens up the app store. It is so annoying I have just stopped looking at mmo champ on my phone. I'd rather not be forced to download another browser app.

So basically; is this happening to anyone else?
    How do I stop this? (phone isn't jailbroken)

(ps mmo champ, please for the love of god remove that add)

Deleted
    Sorry for bringing an old thread back up. Back when this post was made I didn't have any issues, however when I browse to mmo nowadays with my iPad (probably iPhone as well) I also get quite some redirects straight to the app store, sometimes it asks me to open a page in app store but sometimes it takes me there straight away.

I'm also coming to a point where I'm only browsing it when really needed. This isn't what mmo champ (wants to) stand (s) for (I think).

Anyone else having these issues? Or any idea how to disable it (while not globally disabling it for genuine links of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Slx are you from Australia?
    I've mentioned this to other people and they have not gotten this issue but I do, and OP is also Australia so this may be an Australian only ad problem, which would be why it's not been caught.

Moved this to S&F so admins will see it later.

edit: I also use an iphone.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2014-03-03 at 12:04 PM.

Same problem. I am living in germany. Really annoying!
    <inactive>

I too live in Australia...incredibly annoying! to the point where it isn't worth trying to read 2 lines, because it just switches to app store over n over n over n over n...

Deleted
    I have this problem as well. I have been asked to go to, or straight up redirected to The app store 3 times in this thread alone. I'm living in Sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    I have this problem as well. I have been asked to go to, or straight up redirected to The app store 3 times in this thread alone. I'm living in Sweden.
    same here on my android, its super annoying to get these popups on my phone, would love to see the removed asap.
    takes out the fun from reading the forum and then news.

Deleted
    Thanks for the interest in the topic. I'm from Belgium however.
    I think it's just one of the adds (they are location based right?). Iirc, there is a pool of adds that can be shown right? So it could happen one day and not another?
    These are all assumptions though.

Next time this occurs I'll try to remember the app it sends me to, I'm pretty sure it was a game but I cannot remember. This should make it easier to identify which add is triggering it.

Deleted
    the one that is poping up for me very often is, "nym1.b.adnxs.com" with the message "Clean your android for FREE now with clean master" also from time to time when pressing cancle on the ad will then go into a fake "out of memory"

I often get directed to the app store to download games like Candy Crush and their line of games. Im in the US. when constant browsing and refreshing it happens about every 15-20 mins.

Edit: should also mention I have a iphone 5c, the never happened on my iphone 3gs.

Also I've been getting a lot of safari crashes but just in MMO-C.

The main MMO C page redirected me to Hay Day in App Store twice within a few minutes. This is in Finland and many of the ads seem specifically targeted for Finns. Really annoying.

Deleted
    It's happening on android phones too 'Your Whatsapp is about to expire!!!!! Click OK!'

That and the automaticly playing video's with sound on the desktop site is making the forums a pain to visit

I live in Norway and I had the same problem, but it got fixed when I got a new iPhone, I can't recall if I used the chrome app or not back then, but that might fix it, not sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    It's happening on android phones too 'Your Whatsapp is about to expire!!!!! Click OK!'

That and the automaticly playing video's with sound on the desktop site is making the forums a pain to visit
    I can't believe people are actually stupid enough to click those popups. Thank god for Google Chrome Mobile:

"Prevent xxxx.adshit.com from creating more retarded popups?"

Yes, thank you very much.

Such a shame, I understand that MMO-C can't kill these fast enough unfortunately.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Same here, im in the UK with an Iphone. Usually redirects me straight to the app store - often for RPG games.
    Not only annoying but intrusive as well.

I don't think Adblock plus supports iphones, but here's one that does: http://download.cnet.com/AdBlock-for...-75824358.html.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am also experiencing the ads that auto open my app store. Until a minute ago, it only happened to me on the main page. Now its happening when reading the forums too. It really annoying to go to this site now. They've been having these ad problems for months and aren't really doing anything to address it. No other site I visit has these issues.

Deleted
    Well, the issue hasn't really been fixed nor confirmed here which is a bit sad
    On top of that, when I'm browsing the website with firefox (no addins etc) I'm getting so many popup now, even "asian beauties" stuff... comon, is this really the kind of adds that are being forced upon mmo? (I'm pretty sure mmo itself doesn't setup the adds as I seem to get the same thing on diablofans).
    I also noticed my browser tab keeps refreshing itself every few seconds, adds as well?
    I really hope that curse tag in the left top corner isn't the cause of all this. I'm starting to be less and less motivated to visit the site, which is sad tbh, such a great site!

[edit] and as I clicked "post reply" I get a torch browser popup over the website (twice)... comon guys

Hopefully the auto redirect ads are gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by slx View Post
    when I'm browsing the website with firefox (no addins etc) I'm getting so many popup now, even "asian beauties" stuff... comon, is this really the kind of adds that are being forced upon mmo? (I'm pretty sure mmo itself doesn't setup the adds as I seem to get the same thing on diablofans).
    I also noticed my browser tab keeps refreshing itself every few seconds, adds as well?
    I really hope that curse tag in the left top corner isn't the cause of all this. I'm starting to be less and less motivated to visit the site, which is sad tbh, such a great site!

[edit] and as I clicked "post reply" I get a torch browser popup over the website (twice)... comon guys
    I don't think we have any popups in our ad rotation, but unless you report them with the necessary information, there is nothing we can do.

Deleted
    Aha. Thanks a lot for that link! I'll make sure to post the popups there if I encounter more of them.