Poll: How would yo react

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Draenei aren't even on the WoD website for a preview. I doubt they have any plans to remodel them before launch.
    At blizzcon there was a draenei quest giver with a new model, so they've done at least some work on them. Considering so many NPCs will be draenei I would find it odd if they didn't have updated models done before the xpac.

I'm buying the expansion for the new content and raids. People who buy WoD because models get renewed are wasting their time..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okkervil View Post
    They shouldn't have announced it as a feature if it wasn't going to be completely ready for the expansion.

Having old models mixed with new ones is going to be really bad.
    I 100% agree, to say they cant do another race or class because they are working on models and then not have them ready by launch?
    Sheer laziness imo. They have worked on these for Years! Years already!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    I'm buying the expansion for the new content and raids. People who buy WoD because models get renewed are wasting their time..
    I both agree and disagree, yes they will be wasting their time seeing as Blizz cannot seem to do anything in time in these days. And disagree because it is pumped up by their pr as a Massive feature for the expansion, and so should have it fully done by launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting them all to be done. But I would rather have the expansion go live than for it to be delayed only because they didn't get around to finishing race x.

I'd be happy to see them all finished and ready to go by expansion launch, sure! Even the races that I don't play (I adore the new gnome models; gnomes always make me want to hug them because they're so adorable, but I can't see myself playing one).

But I'm actually not expecting them to have Draenei ready, for example. That's the race that matters to me the most.

I'll be just a tiny bit disappointed, but not too much. I'm not going to get into some nerdrage.

(I am however very glad that we won't be getting a new race or class this time around. For some reason, I don't like new classes anyway. And new races... come on, we already have so many and only just got Pandaren to play with. Rather make our existing stuff pretty).

Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    I both agree and disagree, yes they will be wasting their time seeing as Blizz cannot seem to do anything in time in these days. And disagree because it is pumped up by their pr as a Massive feature for the expansion, and so should have it fully done by launch.
    It's weird how I watched all the Warcraft panels during Blizzcon and didn't hear them say that this is one of the key features of the game. It's the dumbass players who blow this completely out of proportion and don't treat a trivial cosmetic update as a trivial cosmetic update. God, they even made a art panel completely dedicated to models and what goes into creating them, literally the most concrete evidence possible to explain why these things take time AND PEOPLE STILL DO NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND.

Updates that aren't discardable after the first few seconds like raids, dungeons, zones and quests should be ten times higher on the priority lists than something as silly as character models arriving all at once.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an interesting feature. I'm amazed at the work they've added to the models, and I hope it gets extended to Azeroth, too. It'd be nice to see detailed dwarves roaming all around Khaz Modan. I had some good times in that area of the Eastern Kingdoms.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I'd be so pissed mainly due to the fact that it was one of the expansions tagline features. Entice us with shiny new character models then spit in our faces when we buy your game to look at them?
    I appreciate that it takes a while, but introducing it as (let's face it) a replacement for a new playable race and not even being able to make good on your word is just insulting.

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second...So not all vanilla races will get new model at exp launch ?? Dafaq !!! I hope female orcs will get one or i'll be really angry

well it's one of the main features of the xpac if they don't upgrade all the models (gobs and worgs aside) i will be very disappointed.