Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I live in Northern Europe. Again, at least on UPC, sky and so on Conan is shown by (if I remember correctly) channel 135 or something comedy extra or something similar, from like 11 pm.
    I haven't seen Conan outside that minor channel.
    He's not mentioned anywhere else apart the Internet at times.
    I can't remember seeing him anywhere else.
    Of course, it might be me not remembering things. Which it's ok since I'm getting old.
    To be fair the show hasn't been shown much in a few years anymore but before it was shown on a very popular channel, maby i should specify the country (Finland) and not spread it as wide as norther europe but anyway atleast here hes pretty well known.

"so, do you think it was my fault?"
    "Yes, it was you fault".
    "Yes, your fault".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious. Conan playing video games is some of the best entertainment there is, too bad they don't show his show on TV here anymore.

I LOVE his "clueless gamer" videos.

P.S.: I´m from germany and i´d say that 90% of the people i know knew Conan. Anecdotal, but the claim that "nobody in europe knows him" is just as baseless.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2013-11-21 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    Hilarious. Conan playing video games is some of the best entertainment there is, too bad they don't show his show on TV here anymore.
    I hope VGs still keep going over his head. His review on Tomb Raider was classic: it's a game that make you fall in love with La(u)ra Croft, just to torture you with images of her dying over and over again. Priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzraptor View Post
    Western Europeans are the tallest people in the world. Fact.

Idiot. No one cares about your weird logic.
    i think he might be a wookie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I was so angry that he commented the Arena games, felt like Blizzard just took the tournament like a joke
    I don't think he was there, i watched the stream of blizzcon when it was there, and i didn't see him there, it's made up i think ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I was so angry that he commented the Arena games, felt like Blizzard just took the tournament like a joke
    Or maybe you take them too seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the new orc model animation, how they walk and talk looks nice =) especially with the gear on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's it. He really isn't that well known outside the USA.
    I dunno, Finland fucking loves him lol

I liked the "u mad?" part, if only that guy knew who he was talking to...

In europe, Conan o brien is shown on some minor English Channel from about 11 pm SOMETIMES. Anyone outside the British isles (and to be honest most of the people in there) wouldn't know who the fuck he is.
    It is very silly to state something like this given that every European language has its own channels. Where I live (Finland) Late Night With Conan O'Brien used to air every night on the most popular channel aimed at young adults and it was one of the most popular shows on TV, though his later shows haven't done that well. It just seems to be rather random whether they import a particular show so in any given country an American talk show host is either completely unknown or a star (eg nobody here has heard of Oprah or Jay Leno but Conan is a star).

Also, most people are too young to remember this (or don't have satellite TV), but back in the 1990s there was a free channel broadcast Europe-wide called NBC Europe which used to have Conan's NBC show. I think that's how he got popular in Finland (sparsely populated country so satellite was the only option to have more channels for most of us).

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I liked the "u mad?" part, if only that guy knew who he was talking to...
    I'm hoping that guy sees this video and freaks out and they find him and have him on the show so Conan can ask how he is and he can finally answer.

Only takes Conan a couple of minutes of playing wow before he gets into the true spirit of playing wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm hoping that guy sees this video and freaks out and they find him and have him on the show so Conan can ask how he is and he can finally answer.
    and then the guy doesn't know conan.. well that's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I can't focus on Conan since the new orc looks so awesome.

I hate to say it, but his commentary accurately reflects how 99% of the population, WoW players included, would observe a WoW tournament match. That's why WoW will never be a professional e-sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Only takes Conan a couple of minutes of playing wow before he gets into the true spirit of playing wow!
    Ah yes the "true" spirit of wow, calling people "dicks", and getting "mad, bro".

Sadly we imagine most of the people talking like that as 7 year old children... when in reality they are all Conan O'Brien. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I hate to say it, but his commentary accurately reflects how 99% of the population, WoW players included, would observe a WoW tournament match. That's why WoW will never be a professional e-sport.
    Yes most people who watch sports cannot think much past "HIT GUY OVER HEAD, GRAB BALL, DAMMIT GRAB BALL HARDER, GRRRR YOU NOT GUD AT SPORT, ME ANGRY!!! GRRAAAGHAHHHHAHAHAH" ... Funny you'd think they would identify with orcs more.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

The only Conan that interests me is Conan The Barbarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it pretty funny last night, I was watching Conan & was surprised by it.