Deleted

Balance talent question

Hey there fellow boomie with a question.

I'm in a pretty decent guild ( 12/14 HC)
    But lately when i look at the top guild boomies i see that they use Inc + Hotw on every fight.
    I tought for example shamans and fallen protectors were a no thinking Inc + DoC
    and fights like malkorok and thol were Hotw + FoN?

Am i wrong in this? and if so does my opener change aswell? (i start from solar most of the time)

thanks in advance

It's mathematically stronger in at least some cases, but in practice much less... practical.

Deleted
    Been using Inc + Hotw whole tier and done Lunar opener on every fight apart from Protectors and Shamans.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend just playing around with what suites you the most in terms of playstyle. Sims can give you answers saying one Talent is better than another in theory but like someone already mention it's not always true in the real playing field. For example it took myself a little bit getting used to using the Solar Opener more often but I realised how great it was on a fight like Heroic Protectors.

Heart of the Wild is also the lazy way of having a DPS increase. Not that it's bad to be "lazy" but it's 6% Passive Intellect for just having the Talent. Things could go wrong with DoC or NV if you forget to use Healing Touch before Eclipses (DoC) or your CD (NV) at the right time. Or maybe you didn't line it up correctly with a Boss Ability. Personally I've used HotW a lot this Tier just because I prefer its playstyle. I do still rotate Incarnation and FoN depending on the Boss though.

Deleted
    As Lunnar said, its all about the playstyle.

Deleted
    you are still progressing so you should stick with heart of the wilds, DoC on paper on patchwerk is dps increase but not in SoO +, you said you were decent? with a decent guild ? doesn't this mean you should be a player who is ready with a raid-saver cd? as Heart of the wild, Tranquility is just the best, please make sure to get the kills next time before trying to play around your character, if you still enjoy using DoC then go for it, as it's your playstyle not mine. but just think about pros and cons.

so ask yourself what is most important for you and the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    you are still progressing so you should stick with heart of the wilds, DoC on paper on patchwerk is dps increase but not in SoO +, you said you were decent? with a decent guild ? doesn't this mean you should be a player who is ready with a raid-saver cd? as Heart of the wild, Tranquility is just the best, please make sure to get the kills next time before trying to play around your character, if you still enjoy using DoC then go for it, as it's your playstyle not mine. but just think about pros and cons.

so ask yourself what is most important for you and the raid?
    I'm definitely going to have to agree with you here, however, if he's in a 25M, the call for a tranq is usually never needed given that your healers are good enough to rotate cooldowns etc. I've only been called to use a Hotw Tranq throughout all of SoO during H Siegecrafter once because we had 3 healers dead. So it all comes down to your guild honestly. But if you're focusing on wanting maximum dps, Incarnation + Hotw is usually the desired talents as it scales with gear, but it's also reliant on your play style. As you can see out there, there are a lot of geared boomkins, but their dps isn't exactly great due to their playstyle. Basically what Lunnar.

Deleted
    I would Play the opener according to the circumstances.

e. g.:
    - If 2 Targets or more are available -> solar with INC+CA
    - If BL is at the beginning -> solar with INC+CA
    - Every other fight normal lunar opener
    ----
    For talents I would say for sure INC, because it lines up perfectly and is easy to handle.
    FoN can be also very viable on single target fights (if you are able to use them correctly).
    Well our last Tier. HotW is the standard one (especially for progression). DoC lacks a lot on movement heavy fights. NV can be an Option (but only on 10 man), if your healers are struggling for specific phases (e. g. garrosh transission phases, there it can be a help because it lines up for every transission) and if your raid-dps has the requirements for that.

DoC is only an increase over HotW if you execute it perfectly every time, and you don't have significantly delayed casting.

Both of those requirements are in conflict with nearly every fight, especially on progression, where you often have movement requirements.

FoN doesn't scale from our mastery, so it's a weaker talent; especially after you get Bindings. Plus I have found they're not 100% reliable. They're still occassionally prone to the awful pet AI in the game (hitting wrong targets, not properly assisting you, not keeping up with raid movements). Plus their roots can be bad if cast on the wrong targets.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-11-24 at 07:50 PM.