Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, I think that story had a pretty good ending. The robber's parents need to STFU and be thankful that their dumbass son didn't die from the gunshot. Hopefully, he will do his time and learn his lesson from this, but not likely.

Good thing the guy who fired the shot was there at the time. He stopped an armed robbery in progress and may have saved that store employee's life. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I were in that situation, I would've done the same thing.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-11-22 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I see what you did there, having just come from the other thread. =)

OT: I find their reactions laughable. It's like pacifists who say you should just hide in your home and let intruders take what they want even if you have the means to defend yourself because "human life is worth more than property." Which is true, but if someone else is committing a criminal act, they're the one putting themselves in a position to be assaulted/killed by breaking the law. That the family is angry and grieving is understandable, if someone in my family got themselves killed or hurt committing a crime I'd be angry and distraught as well, but that doesn't make it the fault of the person putting an end to the crime in progress.
    The point of those pacifists is more that most shootings are of family members, and not armed robbers. Or robbers at all. So it's clearly making more harm than good. You just read what your own interpretion of the reasoning is instead of trying to consider if it's really cool that the chance of you killing one of your family is higher than killing a guy robbing your lifelong passion, called the television.

The family in OP is just nuts. Not much more to say about that. Don't know if they actually believe that it helps in making him look like an innocent or what.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    This is going to sound racist but this is so typical of black people in the US. No matter what, even if they are the ones committing the crimes they always have to try to be the victim. Thank God a black man is who shot the guy otherwise this would be another trayvon martin case all over again.
    It sounds racist because it is racist. "This is so typical of black people in the US." Racist, any way you slice it. You should be ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    "OH LORDY LORDY YOU SHOT MY SON WHO WAS THREATENING TO BLOW ANOTHER PERSON'S BRAINS ACROSS THE WALL, YOU'S A TURRIBLE PERSON!"

i swear. nobody would miss this family if something happened to them.

Deleted
    i don't think he did anything wrong.

at least he survived, hopefuly that be a lesson.

So the dumbshit kid didn't die because of said shooting? Well then what do they have to bitch about. This went perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Because employees are never killed in this situation. The biggest mistake the good samaritan made was not aiming correctly.
    I'm all in favor of gun control. That samaritan should get himself to a practice range to improve his.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by cncrules45 View Post
    It sounds racist because it is racist. "This is so typical of black people in the US." Racist, any way you slice it. You should be ashamed.
    If it makes you feel any better I feel the exact same way he does. Its true look at most armed robery of grocery stores and the likes, guess what most are Black men under 25. White people rob Banks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i don't think he did anything wrong.

at least he survived, hopefuly that be a lesson.
    You're kidding right?

You can't teach people like him a lesson.

hats off to the good guy but to the family.......i think they just went full retard. im from Texas and i was always taught that you dont pull your gun unless your ready to suffer the consequences, and those consequences are that you may get shot and possibly even die, although this kid got lucky and survived he pulled his gun and therefore got shot

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    And that kid sounds like trouble. I'm not going to say the pretty awful things "some people" here are saying, because honestly I think you're almost as bad, but its clear he's no victim if he was commiting this crime while on bail for doing another similar crime. Probably desperate, sure, but still not a victim in this regard.
    I don't understand this "you're (almost) as bad." I mean, am I seriously expected to believe that words are equivalent to actions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

its just too bad the good Samaritans aim was too low!
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Depends on the words and what actions they incite.
    My favorite is when a serial rapist is caught, and someone expresses that they should be beat up/ostracized/executed, and someone else comes in on a moral flying horse and declares the previous person to be just as bad as the rapist.

Because saying words on an internet forum is equivalent to raping people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy should have just killed him and done the world a favor.

Sounds like he'd have done a favor by taking care of the rest of the trash back home too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with how the shooter reacted. He did the right thing for that matter...

But I can't help myself on noticing, how they should actually hire that man, to teach some police officers proper use of firearms..

1. The store clerk was not hit.... That's spectacular news, given the stray fire of some cops...
    2. The robber wasn't killed.... That's more spectacular, given how certain cops would have unloaded their entire clip onto him...

All in all, a very decent example of how use of such force should turn out.

The guys family? No words for that... Probably they think they see a chance to cash in on the incident. No sane person would try to blame the victim or rescuer for what happened. I however took a deep breath after reading the story.. Challenging someone who apparently has a gun pointing on another person's head already.. That could have very well turned out to be very messy instead.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    My favorite is when a serial rapist is caught, and someone expresses that they should be beat up/ostracized/executed, and someone else comes in on a moral flying horse and declares the previous person to be just as bad as the rapist.

Because saying words on an internet forum is equivalent to raping people.
    Saying words is as good or bad no matter where you say them. The only difference lies within the consequences for saying them.
    On an internet forum some people tend to say more things, even things they wouldn't dare to say otherwise, if they didn't have the chance to hide in the anonymity of a random user name, and the shield wall of their computer..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The moment the piece of shit decided to pull out loaded gun and threaten people with it for personal gain, he forfeit his life in my eyes at least.
    I understand your sentiment..... However, we evolved far away from that. And in our todays World and society we have the law to do justice instead.
    Personal judgement proved to be wrong times and again. And more people died innocent than self justice did any good.
    Doesn't mean that there aren't cases where it's as clear as daylight who's at fault and for what.
    It still is a matter of the law to handle criminals. And most people of our society are happy with it, and thankful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nothing wrong with how the shooter reacted. He did the right thing for that matter...

But I can't help myself on noticing, how they should actually hire that man, to teach some police officers proper use of firearms..

1. The store clerk was not hit.... That's spectacular news, given the stray fire of some cops...
    2. The robber wasn't killed.... That's more spectacular, given how certain cops would have unloaded their entire clip onto him...

All in all, a very decent example of how use of such force should turn out.

The guys family? No words for that... Probably they think they see a chance to cash in on the incident. No sane person would try to blame the victim or rescuer for what happened. I however took a deep breath after reading the story.. Challenging someone who apparently has a gun pointing on another person's head already.. That could have very well turned out to be very messy instead.
    If my reading was right, the shooter fired 6 times. I'd wager he must have missed several times if the guy is alive.

Officers don't typically miss in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    If my reading was right, the shooter fired 6 times. I'd wager he must have missed several times if the guy is alive.

Officers don't typically miss in this situation.
    You mean like the two cops a few month back (we had a thread about it) that fired 16 rounds at a homeowner to hit him once? lol
    And notice how I said SOME police officers.. Never said ALL police officers.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I get tired of talking about race.

This forum has talked about it too much.

Is it a good time to point out American Firearm owners can use rubber bullets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    When I get tired of talking about race.

This forum has talked about it too much.
    But, but, but the reason race comes up is because it's easy bait.
    Look at it this way tho, We could be talking about why 98%ish of child sex abuse calls blame a male and of those that blame a male, its mostly white males. ^_^ It's easier to just talk about guns tho, cause we all REALLY know "who" is at fault ( as my head explodes from sarcasm)
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-11-22 at 03:56 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.