Thread: UI for mage?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

UI for mage?

I'm a total rookie when it comes to user interfaces and modifying them.

Can anyone help me with advice on where to start or does anyone have a pretty clean UI I can download as a whole?

TukUI. Very nice if you aren't healing

If I were you, download tidy plates, bartender, and xperl unitframes, and customize it however you like.
    Here's my ui if you want to see it as reference.

Last edited by Pocketzest; 2011-07-20 at 11:07 AM.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Deleted
    Your User Interface is something that you should personally enjoy and what fits best for you. If you are looking for a few UIpacks then there are quite a few on curse.com. I'm currently using ElvUI (This is also on curse) but I have it modded to suit my needs as a healer. There are many more follow this link - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/packs/default.aspx. Also I don't know if you have this addon already but it helps mages out significantly in boss fights when you need to remember your AB stacks or when its the right time to pop combustion - CombustionHelper (Also on curse). Finally, anothergood UI pack that I have used that I would recommend is LUI (Google it) and TukUI (Also google). Hope this helps

UIpacks are great if you don't feel like putting in the effort of making something for yourself.
    I built my own UI, and I rly like it. It only contains the stuff I actually need, and nothing else.
    Write a list of the stuff you want, and then just build it. I would recommend Shadowed unit frames and bartender with buttonfacade on it.
    Make sure you hide all the stuff that's not relevant, and then just place stuff where you feel comfortable with.

Deleted
    I have used LUI and currently use ElvUI and love it. Add on some things like MSBT/Parrot, Mage Nuggets, Tidy Plates and you're away. ElvUI is so easy to set up and has different layouts for healing or dps'ing. My main is a Paladin but I also have a Mage I use regularly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilynne View Post
    I have used LUI and currently use ElvUI and love it. Add on some things like MSBT/Parrot, Mage Nuggets, Tidy Plates and you're away. ElvUI is so easy to set up and has different layouts for healing or dps'ing. My main is a Paladin but I also have a Mage I use regularly.
    I too use ElvUi and with a few other addons such as tidyplates like you suggested and my healbot for healing (omen too) I really enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paalders View Post
    TukUI. Very nice if you aren't healing
    Well I would be using the same UI on my alts, which contain 3 healers, 1 of which I play very actively.

Currently I just use the default with VuhDo (for healing, but also raid frames/decurse/intervene/MD/whatever on all characters), Omen, DBM, Skada, Power Auras, etc. It's more for the looks than functionality because my dps is fine as it is :P
    Last edited by mmoc94162f50f7; 2011-07-20 at 11:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

http://i.imgur.com/9L1WD.jpg

I find it extremely helpful to have easily identifiable boss frames that reliably pops up when the encounter starts. For Heroic Shannox for example, it was great to be able to have all 3 mobs right next to each other, be able to track their buffs and debuffs and target switch by clicking on their names. Other then that having a mana vs [int] mana proc tracker, my AB charges and Missiles procs near the center is really all I need to see.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    LuI is Amazing!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

I <3 TukUI!! This is an older screenshot from before the fixed the "hole" in BOT and my UI looks a little different now but this is essentially my UI! The person that said TukUI isn't for healers is wrong. It's fine for healers. I don't download the raid UI I use grid and it works perfectly! In this picture was before I took the raid UI off so you can see what it does look like if you leave it on there.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...611_205659.jpg

I use Asphyxia's tukUI edit. Love it. And Asphyxia is extremely helpful.

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=11212
    Last edited by Sangriaa; 2011-07-20 at 05:58 PM.

There is a Post your UI thread alredy in the mage forum. Scroll through that.

What addon are you using Brewswammi that gives those boss unite frames?

Deleted
    shadowed unit frames

just use them in my new UI now as well and especially for shannox it's awesome, so easy to slow riplimb

Minimum kit of mine:

Bartender or Dominos action bars add-ons. Allows for scaling/moving the bars however you want, easy keybinding, hiding bars, etc. Must have.
    Power Auras for procs and debuff watch. You can even make it into a little boss mod of sorts once you get a hang of it.
    Grid for looking at the state of the raid. Mouseover macro on wheel down to decurse (haven't had to use that in a while), works perfectly with grid.
    Recount so that you see if things are going well or horribly wrong for you.
    Omen (the threat meter). Mages are great with dumping threat (invis/images), so I don't think Omen is as nevessary for us as it is for other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    LuI is Amazing!
    This completely^

I use MonoUI and I enjoy it.

What do you need a custom UI for as a face-rolling mage?

I'm pretty sure there is a sticky in the mage forums regarding mage UIs.