Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse: Treadmill Team

Now I am on my WW Monk getting to do this. Only had a few pulls as a Monk for this, I have more pulls on my Rogue but with CoS/Step it makes the belt a non issue and almost 100% DPS up time on the kill target while up there.

What I am looking for is an AVG number you do per belt cycle. Currently I only have to go up every other time, my monk port is not utilized. I have found I do around 5-7 Mil on Avg per cycle.

What tips and tricks have you found that work for you on the belt?

If you have anything else at all to chime in, I would love to read it.

Armory for ref: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Byaah/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byaah View Post
    Now I am on my WW Monk getting to do this. Only had a few pulls as a Monk for this, I have more pulls on my Rogue but with CoS/Step it makes the belt a non issue and almost 100% DPS up time on the kill target while up there.

What I am looking for is an AVG number you do per belt cycle. Currently I only have to go up every other time, my monk port is not utilized. I have found I do around 5-7 Mil on Avg per cycle.

What tips and tricks have you found that work for you on the belt?

If you have anything else at all to chime in, I would love to read it.

Armory for ref: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Byaah/advanced
    safe teb/chi brew

use Touch of Karma + Diffuse Magic for free ~2mil dmg

mostly i have 7mil dmg (9 with ToK+DM)and im on belt 3(without cds), 5 (Tok+Dm), 7 (xuen), 9(tok+dm) and then he dies normaly.(comming from 10hc)
    Last edited by mmocf8388e6e3c; 2013-11-22 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kotoxxx View Post
    safe teb/chi brew

use Touch of Karma + Diffuse Magic for free ~2mil dmg

mostly i have 7mil dmg (9 with ToK+DM)and im on belt 3(without cds), 5 (Tok+Dm), 7 (xuen), 9(tok+dm) and then he dies normaly.(comming from 10hc)

Who do you ToK for the free 2m dmg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imkilo View Post
    Who do you ToK for the free 2m dmg?
    One of the deactivated items on the conveyor belt (Title of post).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kotoxxx View Post
    safe teb/chi brew

use Touch of Karma + Diffuse Magic for free ~2mil dmg (comming from 10hc)
    Is the DMG from the Fire Beam the same on 10man as it is on 25? That is what I am doing btw, forgot to mention that, 25H

edit: Yes the DMG from the Fire Beam is the same on 10H and 25H, dungeon journal confirms this.
    Last edited by Byaah; 2013-11-22 at 01:01 PM.

One of the deactivated items on the conveyor belt (Title of post).

- - - Updated - - -

Is the DMG from the Fire Beam the same on 10man as it is on 25? That is what I am doing btw, forgot to mention that, 25H
    It's 9,999,999 on both raid sizes. 90% damage reduction brings it down to 999,999. Touch of Karma then reduces it by your max health. You'll still take around 200k damage or so, but it's a ton of damage if weapons aren't dying appropriately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answered above

Sure glad AoC does not affect any of these CD's, b/c that would be to nice and convienent, like COS...

Anyways, I like that idea of ToK/DM, will be nice.

For people that have done that trick, can you pull off 2 beams in the time DM is up? That would help so much.
    Last edited by Byaah; 2013-11-22 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying I can ToK the mines while our belt team needs to focus the missle turret and the missle turret takes the 200ish K dmg from ToK/DM dmg from beams? Or I ToK the missle turret and then take beam dmg?

How do you not understand this?

Target the weapon you're meant to be killing

Cast touch of karma

cast diffuse magic

stand in beam and take 999,999 damage (ToK will absorb so you'll take ~200k total)

ToK will do damage to the weapon you are killing

Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post
    How do you not understand this?

Target the weapon you're meant to be killing

Cast touch of karma

cast diffuse magic

stand in beam and take 999,999 damage (ToK will absorb so you'll take ~200k total)

ToK will do damage to the weapon you are killing
    No need to get all worked up, but thank you for explaining it to me when I haven't slept for hours. The only thing I wasn't sure about was which add to ToK. Thanks
    Last edited by Imkilo; 2013-11-22 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to get all worked up, but thank you for explaining it to me when I haven't slept for hours. The only thing I wasn't sure about was which add to ToK. Thanks

His initial reply was a bit harsh HOWEVER, you are posting in a thread talking about one of the hardest Heroic bosses in this Tier, so we assume you are at this progression, if all of this checks out, this means you are 11/14H but do not understand the basic mechanics of ToK.

I am just explaining why you were talked to the way you were.

TLDR: Not understanding spell abilities

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a WW you can go up every belt phase. Once you get around wipe 70-100 its muscle memory. It also lets you survive wipes.

I personally have never used the ToK trick as I'm the only player with healing ability on the belt, so an additional 200-300k damage is a lot for me to heal. It also gets riskier with Overloads and the other damage that gets tossed around. Just a little risky, but it could be a panic button thing if we're down for someone and the boss is almost dead.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

His initial reply was a bit harsh HOWEVER, you are posting in a thread talking about one of the hardest Heroic bosses in this Tier, so we assume you are at this progression, if all of this checks out, this means you are 11/14H but do not understand the basic mechanics of ToK.

I am just explaining why you were talked to the way you were.

TLDR: Not understanding spell abilities
    I know how the spell works. It's more so confusion/lack of comprehension/sleep. Was just a simple mix up, but I did learn a couple things for belt team. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    As a WW you can go up every belt phase. Once you get around wipe 70-100 its muscle memory. It also lets you survive wipes.
    I know this already, I am only looking for DMG tricks as stated above, the guild is not using me to go 100% of the time, not my choice, thank you though.

What do you do per belt cycle and what is your approach is what I am looking for, DMG wise.
    Last edited by Byaah; 2013-11-22 at 03:31 PM.

Oh something important I caught the other day: make sure Xuen's leap is turned on. I turned it off for some bosses with weird hitboxes (like Sha of Pride) but took like 30 pulls because I realized he was lagging behind on the belt and turning the leap back on fixed that.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Oh something important I caught the other day: make sure Xuen's leap is turned on. I turned it off for some bosses with weird hitboxes (like Sha of Pride) but took like 30 pulls because I realized he was lagging behind on the belt and turning the leap back on fixed that.
    I had been using RJW to get it started while the target was out of range, my energy regenned by the time it was in melee range. You can also toss a SEF on the target once its out of range and use RJW to finish it off if needed. I felt that Xuen wasn't as useful because it was only up for every 4th belt and it seemed to be off CD if I needed it but it could have some uses as a buffer if someone is down.

One positive I'm finding, using 580 AoC, is that EB is up for every belt phase, so I pop that almost off the bat and go to town w/o having to worry about regen or running out of energy.

I can start almost every belt with Chi Brew, and that normally puts me over the 10 stacks, although I'd say to use TEB every belt phase regardless of the stacks, you should always have +7 at least. I keep Expel Harm on CD to heal myself and pool Chi before its in range, and Chi Wave to heal the rest of the belt team, less so for a DPS cooldown, but use it on CD to keep them alive.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I had been using RJW to get it started while the target was out of range, my energy regenned by the time it was in melee range.
    Yeah, this is what I was doing, I figured with TEB stacks and RJW it was good solid DMG I could precast and have up while running in and out of the fire beams.

I don't see RJW being much of a benefit at all. It's a definitely single target DPS loss if used normally (you take a big hit to TEB generation if you insert it into your rotation) and I don't think half of one RJW that hits when used before it's in range really does much of anything, maybe 150k damage? Xuen doesn't do hardly anything either since you can only use him every 5th belt, but I've found that if someone derps and dies Xuen is usually enough to salvage that round until the person can be brezed when they're pulled off the belt. Neither really matters at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see RJW being much of a benefit at all. It's a definitely single target DPS loss if used normally (you take a big hit to TEB generation if you insert it into your rotation) and I don't think half of one RJW that hits when used before it's in range really does much of anything, maybe 150k damage? Xuen doesn't do hardly anything either since you can only use him every 5th belt, but I've found that if someone derps and dies Xuen is usually enough to salvage that round until the person can be brezed when they're pulled off the belt. Neither really matters at all.

I'm not always up every belt, as stated at the start of my post I am going up every other time, TEB stacks are of no concern for me, I always have 2 Chi Brew + TEB stacks already. It's more consistant dmg VS a 3 min CD. Any dmg I can do while moving in and out is more than zero.

You actually can have 100% melee uptime on weapons, the outermost laser openings do not put you outside of melee range if you still turn towards the weapon and keep swinging.

10+ Year Old Account
    You actually can have 100% melee uptime on weapons, the outermost laser openings do not put you outside of melee range if you still turn towards the weapon and keep swinging.

If true, this is probably the best tip next to the DM/ToK one!

Yeah the weapon hitboxes are massive, but you have to kind of circle strafe through the laser opening and keep pressing buttons to do DPS while also moving/jumping sideways. It's not easy and takes quite a lot of practice (took me about 70 pulls of going on the belt every time with Trans) but it can give you much more DPS than pretty much anything else you'd do.