Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Water Ele on WoL

WoL support forums are useless.

Anyone happen to understand why sometimes World of Logs completely ignores our Water Elemental or assigns it to another mage? It doesn't happen with hunter or warlock pets.

My parse should be about 50k higher than what it was on our 1st Heroic Thok kill:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fp.../?s=880&e=1387

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fp.../?s=880&e=1387

WE's dmg: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fp.../?s=880&e=1387

So I should've been 335186.3 DPS(e)

/sigh

PS: Kenbud and Pete still beat me! I f'in hate Thok. But I coined the ring and nobody wanted the off-hand, so it was a good night for my ilvls.

Deleted
    Happened to me, too. This is so annoying. But I don´t think they will ever fix this on WoL.
    I beat you on Thok? Really? We play a pretty retarded and very movement intensive (hi @ warlocks) strat. Liked the strat in my old guild, with close to no movement.

Congratiolations to your Ilvl. 577 is close to WF BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we keep him in kite phase extra long with 4 warlock gates.

I do not like our strategy, but our raid leader is a hunter and doesn't understand movement :P

As much as I want a better parse and to move less, I am happy we got the kill. Still annoyed though and wish they would fix it!

Only normal item left for me is stupid KTT. Dark Shamans is like Megaera! Through all of Heroic ToT farm status I never got Breath and I fear I will never get KTT either!

I feel your pain, the same used to happen with shaman fire elementals in cata, it took them months to fix it since WoL is slowly dying..
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I feel your pain, the same used to happen with shaman fire elementals in cata, it took them months to fix it since WoL is slowly dying..
    There are still some bugs with shaman fire elem. During ToT, I did Jinrokh once as elem (mainspec heal) with my reroll and there were 2 others shamans in my raid group (enhance&elem) and on the WoL, I got all the fire elementals and ended ranking top 10 (at that time) with really crappy gear (~50x ilvl).

Never had the bug with water elem but I understand your pain Gratz on Thok, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just pretend Азазел is me, because whenever I check rank lists and I see Азазел I think it's a drunk scribbled version of my name.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tends to happen if the log doesn't capture the summon event. It'll assign the elemental to whoever DID get tracked, or just unlisted if no one got captured with it. If memory serves, they're looking to add better pet detection in the combat log either 5.4.2 or 6.0. Can't recall where I read that, though. Hunter and lock pets are named and thus easier to assign as long as any one summon event happens during the night.

Best fix is always (re)summon beside your logger, and have your other frost mages do the same. There's no instances of Summon Water Elemental in the whole night's log.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-11-22 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's something else Kuni.

I think my elemental no longer wishes to associate itself with me. It's decided to break off and form its own class. It has decided it does enough DPS now to fend for itself and no longer needs me.

Someone else I was speaking with has suggested this is another reason for frost appearing lower than it should on raidbots. A certain % of frost parses out there are missing a large chunk of their DPS, thus tainting the data and making the spec look worse than it is.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Someone else I was speaking with has suggested this is another reason for frost appearing lower than it should on raidbots. A certain % of frost parses out there are missing a large chunk of their DPS, thus tainting the data and making the spec look worse than it is.
    Entirely possible. I mean, there's still the fact that traditionally the best mages with the best gear will go with the highest theoretical spec. Not having a single summon event logged the entire night is also a bit uncommon, I can't imagine it's a huge percentage of logs.

On the plus side, there's actually enough ranking frost mages to not be considered statistically insignificant by raidbots this tier. Kinda cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what happens in my guild a lot (can't be the only one) - is fights get split up into a few uploads over the course of a night. Or the guy logging disconnects and reconnects, starts logging again. Or I summon the WE just completely outside his range (i.e. zoning in after a wipe, or I get a rez and the guy who logs is running back).

Now that I know this, I can not let it happen again. But I reckon a lot of people don't know this and there are probably a lot of water elementals without owners out there, fighting raid bosses on their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Also yeah - I am very happy this tier. We have worked very hard to get some representation and we finally have it. Our frosties cool kids club is bigger than I've ever seen it. There are some amazing mages out there like Drjayfisto that appear out of nowhere and make me feel inadequate. I also love the representation of all 3 frost builds from my guide. You will see haste, mastery, and every combination of ratios in-between in the top 100 list.

Things feel like they've come together nicely. Like the arguments early on have fizzled into nothing, and everything makes sense now.

Still a lot of confused mages out there. I can't keep up with the in-game whispers, I don't even get to play the game when I log in anymore. Wish people would ask their questions on here and let me alone in WoW

I will freely admit that without these boards I would have abandoned Frost this tier and went Fire. I greatly appreciate all the work you guys have done this tier. I love playing Frost, and I would be having less fun playing another spec had it not been for Akraen, Kuni, Pete and others here.

Had the same happen on my last raid. On Spoils my WE got tracked, on Thok me & my WE were separate.
    I had heard before that if you don't atleast summon your WE once during logging it won't be tracked, but that doesn't explain why it was tracked on Spoils & not on Thok.
    I summoned my WE a few times later in the night, and at the end of the raid the log seemed to have fixed itself and me & my WE were reunited on Thok.

Deleted
    There's a new logging website called http://www.warcraftlogs.com/. It's still in alpha but it looks cleaner than worldoflogs honestly. And the staff isn't super slow.

Deleted
    I never had this problem. Ranked 1st on thok (can't link WoL here) and pet is signed in every try. I personally recast it always before the pull, maybe is that. Btw i hope frost will still remain competitive with next patches/expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do amazing things Adamas, I've been monitoring you for a while.

Man I sound creepy.

Anyway your gear and haste/mastery ratio is very similar to what I've more or less settled on. I'm uncomfortable outside the meta proc if I go any lower than 14242. Boxed, a big mastery guy, did pull ahead of you but his fight was a lot shorter.

The WE bug doesn't always happen, it's a sometimes thing. Kuni's theory makes sense but there are some cases where even that doesn't explain it.

Deleted
    Tx Akraen. This week i went over 14240 haste because of some settings/reforge limits. Pushed to 15k haste and doing pretty well like i did on thok with 380k (and shitty tactic and not a very good try) this week doing better than full mastery build. I don't think pushing more haste is useful. The problem is meta proc during istant cast that is useless. With new changes on WoD we won't have this problem anymore :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas View Post
    Tx Akraen. This week i went over 14240 haste because of some settings/reforge limits. Pushed to 15k haste and doing pretty well like i did on thok with 380k (and shitty tactic and not a very good try) this week doing better than full mastery build. I don't think pushing more haste is useful. The problem is meta proc during istant cast that is useless. With new changes on WoD we won't have this problem anymore :P
    At 14242 you're at 1.0s GCD no matter what. So that's a good floor for people at our gear level.

Yes it's 2% higher than what Lhivera says, but I don't care. Having higher than 1s GCD doesn't make sense to me, especially because even at 14525 haste, I still have 17317 mastery! Imo, I'm very close to complete BiS. I have to just get some of these pesky 574s into their warforged versions and actually get a heroic KTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Wow this is great.

I would love to see WoL replaced.
    It looks like AMR is planning on getting into logging also.

How do you guys aoe the bats as frost?
    I usually put up 3 LBs and arcane AE, but I realize arcane mages always caught up to me during bats phase so I been arcane for that fight.