Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

How hard IS Kanrethad?

I just picked up my lock again a week ago, at 496 ill atm so I realize I'm nowhere near ready to attempt this, but I just want to get an idea of how hard it actually is. What is it comparable to?

I beat rank 7 Brawler's Guild on my monk, I feel like I'm a decent player, how hard is ot compared to, say, Brawler's Guild? And what DPS should I be aiming for a smooth run?

Edit: Got it! But feel free to keep on posting here if you have questions or to share your experience
    Last edited by mmoc23262ad029; 2013-11-28 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've killed it @ 476 iLVL before so it's easy if you can beat it mechanically. You are more than fine to being attempting it iLVL wise

Deleted
    you should be able to do it at that ilevel. you can't compare kanrethad with a brawlers guild boss tbh. but it would be a rank 8+ boss i'd say

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it at 483 if I remember correctly

As long as you can master the mechanics of the fight you should be fine

Killed it at 476 when it first came out. At 496 you should have no problem as long as you pay attention to his mechanics.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Deleted
    Doesn't he have 31Mill HP Though? O.o

Deleted
    Killed it on the second day it was out iirc at about 501 ilvl. Took about 30ish attempts.

Just set yourself up with some macros to have your pit lord breath on you, and sacrifice your imp for the free dispel, which you should use on cooldown.

Hardest part are the felhunters, but with destro and havoc you shouldn't have an issue. Havoc one, chaos bolt another, and finish both with shadowburns. Then just chaos bolt and shadowburn the third and enslave the pit lord again if they break it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MackMaynee View Post
    I've killed it @ 476 iLVL before so it's easy if you can beat it mechanically. You are more than fine to being attempting it iLVL wise
    Pretty much this, I killed it myself at 476, I went back 2 days ago for some nostalgia, and he didn't even get to summon his fel hunters =( (I'm 559 now..)

Quote Originally Posted by Delion View Post
    Pretty much this, I killed it myself at 476, I went back 2 days ago for some nostalgia, and he didn't even get to summon his fel hunters =( (I'm 559 now..)
    I killed him before he could even summon his imps Gear scaling this expansion is cray
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I killed it with 486 ilvl, so 496 is reasonable.

It has a ton more mechanics than any Brawler's Guild boss so it's pretty hard to compare the two. What I'd suggest is find a good guide and try with what you have now, it's a lot more fun when not brute-forcing him down, so you actually get to see and learn this awesome solo encounter

I found it a lot more challenging than anything in the Brawler's Guild myself (at around 495 item level). The Brawl bosses, even the toughest ones, are mainly just a single gimmick you need to master and a tight gear requirement. Kanrethad is more like a dozen gimmicks all at once, some of which are quite finnicky and unpredictable, over the course of a much longer fight (although with gear it'll get shorter).

At the time I did it I found the boss a lot more challenging on a personal level than any heroic difficulty raid boss I've done, though admittedly the last time I raided was Icecrown, so maybe they've gotten more challenging since then!

The good thing about Kanrethad is that you don't need to rely on 24 other people also mastering the mechanics to beat him, so you can just keep trying and trying till you nail everything down. As long as you're a moderately decent player and do a good job of learning from your mistakes, he's totally doable in an evening or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was balanced for 500 ilvl so it should be perfectly doable at 496 ilvl granted that you don't fail on the mechanics. As for dps there is little to worry about, the enrage timer is pretty long and even if you somehow manage to reach the timer, you can always buy a potion of purification and grant yourself an extra 10 minutes (At least, I think it's 10).
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-11-22 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Doesn't he have 31Mill HP Though? O.o
    yes, so you just have to last that long. he puts a 7min dot on you that will kill you when it runs out, you can remove this with a purification potion so you'll have time enough to kill

You need to get into the rhythm and know the encounter mechanics, so at least a 7(?)/10 in wow difficulty (if you don't overgear).

in my sig is my kill video using below ilvl 500. Main parts are LoSing Chaosbolts via portal, Regularly cleansing debuffs via fel breath, and making very good use of the charge to stun and nuke the adds. And would be smart not to forget to re-banish your pit lord or else things get messy.. see video :-)

Proper preparation (video + strats) and it can fall over in less than an hour.

Helped a Friend do it yesterday , quite a bit easier now with 515 gear than it was when I originally did it with 483 gear.
    Destro buffs made it a cakewalk honestly.

At the time I did it (I level 492, first week it was available) I thought is was the most challenging thing I had done in WoW.

I was super proud and elated when I did it.

I haven't done it since we were buffed/nerfed in 5.4 though. Good luck!

with T16 Soo gear you should be able to 1 shotted, while ignoring all mechanics. Soul leech is enough to absorb just about all dmg the boss does to you except chaos bolt, which u can easily sac pact

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    At the time I did it (I level 492, first week it was available) I thought is was the most challenging thing I had done in WoW.

I was super proud and elated when I did it.

I haven't done it since we were buffed/nerfed in 5.4 though. Good luck!
    Same.
    I was 489 Ilvl at the time and the thing that helped me the most were pokeadotts macros.

I highly sugest the OP to search for the official Karenthad thread in here. And it was definitely the hardest thing I've done in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed it today, 515 item level (no set bonus of any kind and really horrible trinkets). Took about 10 or so attempts.

Most of the wipes were due to my own stupidity.

Deleted
    Ok, got the Codex, gonna go for it tomorrow.

Btw, here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nammira/simple

Atm, im only doing 50k DPS self buffed, probably because I only have 1 trinket. Is everything else okay? (Ill change talents later)