Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Eat food high in sat. fat that signal your brain that you are full, and avoid carbs. He-Man didn't get ripped eating bread and pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    There are a lot of super fat people that do need to lose weight. They need to hear the truth though, you don't do it through some magic diet or pill or some cheap exercise equipment from some infomercial, people are looking for a way to "game" the system and it doesn't work like that.

You can't cheat the laws of thermodynamics.

People are fat because they eat way too much. They greatly enjoy overeating a lot and don't want to stop. So they are vulnerable to any crap that promises them weight loss without watching their calories.
    This is completely wrong. While there are a large number of people who are fat simply because of eating too much and moving too little, you are ignoring clinical obesity caused by issues like hormone regulation, thyroid, testicular cancer, ovarian cancer... it goes on and on.

A very close friend of mine was an avid cyclist - and he now weighs 460 lbs. He got testicular cancer, and had both testes ultimately removed, requiring hormone adjustment therapy which played havoc with his thyroid, and he is battling with it to this day.

So when I hear people spew this kind of total misinformation I simply must speak up, you are simply wrong.

(1st post, I usually just read the forums and news for wow).

Deleted
    Are people really that stupid that Doctors need to specifically warn against this?

People actually do stupid shit like this in large enough numbers that it warrants public health bulletins?

You can't cheat the laws of thermodynamics.
    Unfortunately, our bodies are not steam engines. When you cut the input your body slows down and lowers temperature in response, or cause a metabolic situation that starves your cells, your brain gets the message EAT NOW. You can still starve your body while eating garbage like sugar and carbs. Unlike an engine we have a complex food-hormonal system that our current diet is completely wrong for.

Any idiot who does this deserves whatever damage it's going to do to their insides.

Can't believe people would be this f'ing stupid.

It's not that hard to stop stuffing your face with high calorie junk food if you wanna lose weight.
    I would have phrased it more delicately, but that's essentially what I think of this as well. What astounds me is that disgusting fads like this gain popularity. I would think normal dieting mixed with exercise that does not involve eating soggy lumps of cotton would be more popular. I'm sure denying that third ice cream bar is tough, but why is it tougher than eating cotton, or the dozens of other horrific health fads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    The diet in itself is pretty smart, cottonballs wipe your ass on the way out.

Please don't listen to these doctors there clearly mad, eat whatever you think is right for you no matter how crazy it may sound.

*This advice is provided by the society for the promotion of natural selection*

I can barely tolerate touching cotton balls, let alone even thinking about EATING them. The texture is enough to make me cringe, opening up new medicine bottles is the bane of my existence! Always cotton inside! And I can hear that noise they make, when you squish them... or rub them together. I hate that squeaky noise. Not sure how to describe it (yes, I have good hearing.) Are people seriously just losing their minds?! I can't imagine that's good for your digestive tract anyway :/

Ugh... gonna start gagging now

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The only cats I lick are shaved /shrug

Deleted
    on the bright side, their poops must be really light.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I can barely tolerate touching cotton balls, let alone even thinking about EATING them. The texture is enough to make me cringe, opening up new medicine bottles is the bane of my existence! Always cotton inside! And I can hear that noise they make, when you squish them... or rub them together. I hate that squeaky noise. Not sure how to describe it (yes, I have good hearing.) Are people seriously just losing their minds?! I can't imagine that's good for your digestive tract anyway :/

Ugh... gonna start gagging now
    I know the feeling, it's like types of sheets I can't stand, it's like wind breakers or tents, AARRRRRRRRR.
    I'm a Taurus, so the feel and sound of materials is a big thing for me.

Deleted
    This is the oldest 'anna' trick there is. its a horrid slippery slope into a lifetime of this disease . Let me tell the girls who think this a fast way into that perfect body it isnt.
    You will lose your teeth , your hair and your nails .Your periods will stop. your skin will age a lifetime in a year and thats without the internal damage to your heart ,liver and kidneys.I can also post the side effects of years of this and its much worse than the above. i should know.. much to my shame

10+ Year Old Account
    People will do anything to get a few inches off...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...nutritionists/

For those who want to read it here:

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – Doctors and nutritionists are warning against what may be a new weight loss fad…the “cotton-ball diet.”

Several Youtube videos have been popping up claiming it’s a good way to lose weight, reports MedicalDaily.com.

In the videos, young girls girls soak cotton balls into orange juice or lemonade in order to add taste.

The idea is to eat the cotton balls to limit the amount of food a person eats during the day.

Extreme dieters say the cotton expands in the stomach and tricks the body into thinking its full.

But health care professionals fear the diet craze could be dangerous.

“You’re really kind of playing russian roulette when you use these types of diets,” treatment professional at the Eating Recovery Center of California, Jennifer Lombardi, told KCRA.

“The biggest concern is it can cause a blockage in the digestive system, and if that happens to a certain extent, they are going to end up in surgery. Just like with any extreme diet, it is very dangerous because you’re depleting your body of needed nutrients.”

“The problem being that taking the non-nutritive foods is you’re not getting the vitamins, the minerals, the calories, the proteins, the fats that our bodies need to survive off of,” manager of Fairwinds Eating Disorder Program, Kourtney Gordon, told WTSP. “So you can have a lot of growth and development issues, you can have complications of being malnourished.”

According to the National Eating Disorder Association, 40 to 60 percent of young girls start to feel anxiety about their body size or shape by the age of 6.

About 20 million women and 10 million men suffer from an eating disorder at some point in their life, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating.

This is just plain stupid. Why would anyone potentially cause harm to themselves just to diet? Do it the normal way through healthy eating and exercise.
    These diets just get dumber and dumber and the people falling for them seem to go the same way...

People who do this must be truly truly desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh please, that's so 2008. The best diet right now is the dust diet. You can eat as much as you like, and when you're full just put the hoover nozzle in your mouth to suck out all the excess and start again.
    The thing about dust, is that it is mostly skin fragments and hair, which are protein. So it would, technically, have a nutritional value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunnybunny View Post
    This is the oldest 'anna' trick there is. its a horrid slippery slope into a lifetime of this disease . Let me tell the girls who think this a fast way into that perfect body it isnt.
    You will lose your teeth , your hair and your nails .Your periods will stop. your skin will age a lifetime in a year and thats without the internal damage to your heart ,liver and kidneys.I can also post the side effects of years of this and its much worse than the above. i should know.. much to my shame
    But they'll be able to fit into that black dress doe!

/not serious.

Most people see girls that need help.

All I see is Natural Selection doing its job.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...