Poll: Lich King or Kil'Jaeden?

Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Who is stronger - Kil'Jaeden or Lich King?

Just to share opinions, there's no actual firm answer from Blizz. Compare their magical powers, as if they were to pvp, both at pinnacle of their powers.
    Last edited by Explorer; 2013-11-22 at 07:54 PM.

All of the Lich King's power came from Kil'jaeden...

Kil'Jaeden, obviously for lore reasons.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Kil'J made Lich King - also the LK is more of a grand necromancer that can raise armies, while Kil'J is more of a warlock specializing in deception and destructive magic.

Deleted
    people dont seem to understand, KJ is very strong, but LK power constantly grows over time, KJ during the WC3 wanted him dead because in time he was going to very powerful to the point he cant deal with him.

people are just saying KJ is more powerful due to rose tinted glasses, please play the WC3 games

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    people dont seem to understand, KJ is very strong, but LK power constantly grows over time, KJ during the WC3 wanted him dead because in time he was going to very powerful to the point he cant deal with him.

people are just saying KJ is more powerful due to rose tinted glasses, please play the WC3 games
    I played the WC3 games and I still say KJ is vastly more powerful than the Lich King.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

KJ is vastly more powerful.

He created the Lich King. When we fought him, he was at like 1% power at best. He's an an f'ing demon lord, right hand of Sargeras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    All of the Lich King's power came from Kil'jaeden...
    People need to stop using this as a reason, "Power" isnt a static thing that always stays the same, and in the case of the Lich King (which as others have said constantly grew in power) they might've been closer to each other than we think, however there is the question of how much power has Kil'Jaeden gained since WC3.

Anyways i would say Kil´Jaeden ->Lich King atm, mostly because we haven't seen Kil in a while.

10+ Year Old Account

He grows with time because his army grows... not because he actually gets stronger. He just has more time to resurrect undead into his Scourge. That's why KJ wanted him dead, so that he wouldn't join us(or raise us) and be a nuisance later... immagine if he had all the heroes of azeroth under his command... Thrall, Garrosh, Cenarius, Malfurion... all of these under Arthas' rule ? yeah he could probably challenge the legion itself... add to those people like Azshara and the dragons... pretty much anything on azeroth that is alive can be raised by him.

What lore reasons? The fact that KJ was LK's creator means literally nothing.
    All of the Lich King's power came from Kil'jaeden
    Wrong of you, dear sir! LK was created rather average in power, but with unique ability to grow exponentially(!) stronger. With every kill he added a creature's soul to his power. He boosted his strength thousand-folds since his creation, and being a lich, he mastered both dark and frost magic. So, I believe that he came actually to the same level as his former master and creator. His spells are no way weaker than of Archimonde or KJ, so I believe I get my point here.
    Is there anything in lore that would state Eredar lords to be super-mega-giga-powerful like to erase a planet with a move of finger? No. They are powerful, skillful, but not uncomparable to others. It took all of Archimpnde's powers to kill Malorne, who was like at Aspect's level in power. And LK was mentioned to be among the strongest, if not, creatures on Azeroth, so they are close to be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    What lore reasons? The fact that KJ was LK's creator means literally nothing.

Wrong of you, dear sir! LK was created rather average in power, but with unique ability to grow exponentially(!) stronger. With every kill he added a creature's soul to his power. He boosted his strength thousand-folds since his creation, and being a lich, he mastered both dark and frost magic. So, I believe that he came actually to the same level as his former master and creator. His spells are no way weaker than of Archimonde or KJ, so I believe I get my point here.
    Is there anything in lore that would state Eredar lords to be super-mega-giga-powerful like to erase a planet with a move of finger? No. They are powerful, skillful, but not uncomparable to others. It took all of Archimpnde's powers to kill Malorne, who was like at Aspect's level in power. And LK was mentioned to be among the strongest, if not, creatures on Azeroth, so they are close to be equal.
    Okay, but Frostmourne is broken... The souls are set free...

Even at the hight of his power before we killed him, The Lich King was probably not as powerful as Kil'Jaeden. Maybe he had the potential. Kil'Jaeden mostly wanted him dead because Ner'zhul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    In my opinion Arthas was honestly one of the most powerful beings in the Warcraft universe by the time we defeated him. Except we didn't, we lost. Do you know what the only thing that killed him was? It was his arrogance which was, in my opinion, meant to mirror how he fell in the first place. He saw him self as unstopable and he really was. By all intents and purposes we should never have made it past the initial invasion force into Northrend but he wanted to toy with us.

Long story short Arthas would have destroyed KJ in the blink of an eye by the time we got to Icecrown.
    Edited that there for you. Also, we didn't lose. We won. Maybe our heroes were dead; but it bought Tyrion the time he needed to break his bonds and shatter Frostmourne. Did you even do the encounter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

the lich king isnt an actual lich...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Arthas was honestly one of the most powerful beings in the Warcraft universe by the time we defeated him. Except we didn't, we lost. Do you know what the only thing that killed him was? It was his arrogance which was, in my opinion, meant to mirror how he fell in the first place. He saw him self as unstopable and he really was. By all intents and purposes we should never have made it past the initial invasion force into Northrend but he wanted to toy with us.

Long story short Arthas would have destroyed KJ in the blink of an eye by the time we got to Icecrown.
    The Lich King got all his power from KJ who just wanted to use the Lich King as a pawn to soften Azeroth. Things got awfully out of hand due to the incompetence of the demons dispatched to make sure he stayed on task and then Arthas was able to merge. KJ is Sargeras' right hand and the acting lord of the legion, The Lich King is my favourite Warcraft villain but let's be real, Kil'Jaeden is another level.

You won't often get a serious answer about a Wotlk question from MMO-champ, they love the LK too much (poll seems accurate tho). I like the LK but I'm not stupid enough to suggest he's in Kil'jaeden's league of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    For all we know KJ could've just as easily pulled Ner'zhul's soul from the helmet and thus kill the lich king... I mean if he could put it in there what stopped him from taking it out ? I mean other than the fact that he couldn't get back on azeroth... if he'd made it through the portal in sunwell Arthas would've shit his pants.

Deleted
    KJ cant be bested and only at 1% lol, sorry, but please tell me what happend to archimonde now because his power was aquired the same way as KJ, oh ye, he still got buggered, they arent as immortal as people proclaim here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ner'zhul LK was dying just from having a crack in his ice cube.

10+ Year Old Account
    KJ cant be bested and only at 1% lol, sorry, but please tell me what happend to archimonde now because his power was aquired the same way as KJ, oh ye, he still got buggered, they arent as immortal as people proclaim here.
    who proclaimed they were immortal? they are strong but they are still only eredar... just like velen except corrupted and immensely more powerful. Besides the whole planet contributed to Archimonde's demise.

Archimonde was defeated by wisps in Nordrassil and the combined forces of the Orcs, Tauren, Trolls, Humans, Elves, Night Elves, (and the way I played it Furbolg) with a quite hefty expense to most of the sentient living creatures on Azeroth... (Do you remember the spell Finger of Death?) Yes much the same way as Lich King, no one is denying that these beings are super bad-ass.

You may as well say Yan-Tsu the Uncasked has more HP and hits harder than Archimonde so he's clearly more powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

considering it took like a bajillion more power to kill archimonde compared to the one guy with a naaru shard sword who managed to kill the lich king id say you arent really proving your point
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552