Deleted

Resto Shaman Heroic Doubts

Hey so i've been healing as a resto shaman in SoO heroic and i just can't seem to keep up with the discipline priest that is in my group, he does about more 10k hps than me, i was wondering if its because i don't have the legendary cloak yet or if im using a wrong stat prio anyways, here is my character armory.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Couceloshamy/advanced
    If anyone can help me would be awesome thanks!

Right off the bat, easy on the mastery. Pick up more haste (for 10 ticks of HST) and crit. Drop the 4set, just go with tier helm/gloves. Pick up the crit/spirit off-pieces.

you need to aim for 30% haste raid buffed which is just over 7613 but i stay around 8k for ease, this gives you additional ticks of healing raid, then its spirit(till comfortable)- as much crit as possible, and you should still be maintaining at least 50% mastery which you dont want too much of.

in red/yellow i use potent for 80int/160 crit, blue is use purified 80int/160 spi then all you need to do is maintain your safe level of spirit and make good use of meta gem procs, the healing cloak will add at least 10% more healing also but since its a disc priest they are good at sniping heals and such so a good Disc will always be above you in similar gear.

only use 2set as 4 set is pump, helm and gloves and BiS peices then focus on crit/haste off peices.

Drop at least 20% of that mastery you have into haste or crit, get rid of them pure mastery gems for potent asap.

Regarding talents pick up rushing streams as HST is very powerful, i like the option to move totems around but totemic persistance can save a lil mana. I like to use earthgrab totem for extra cc on some fights along with totemic projection.

Glyths look ok but i prefer the chain heal glyth for help with times the group is spread a lil too much and its only on a 2 sec cooldown so it can still be use often and helps to fit in riptides inbetween CH casts
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2013-11-22 at 09:24 PM.

Again ... for the 294919419491491 time... the 50% Mastery is a myth...

But you should drop as much as mastery possible.

Get the 8900~ haste cap...you have gear for it.

I figured you would be much more behind, so you outgear the disc or he's poor at his class. I just swapped from hpala to rshaman/ele hybrid recently and numbers vary wildly. (Disc is generally 50k+ at least ahead due to sniping, gear and absorbs. Also is probably better in general.) I aim for around 9000 (add 100-200+ for latency) haste for more ticks and generally rushing streams for more HPS in general. I just run about 10k spirit and reforged spirit/mastery into crit and haste respectively. The cloak stats are a nice boost, but the actual proc gets little use in many situations as raid seems to be topped when it procs, rng I suppose. It's truly amazing on Thok however. I'm jelly of your AMP trinket, gl.
    Stay salty my friends.

Look at the healing breakdown of that disc priest though. You probably see Divine Aegis, Power word: shield, and Spirit Shell with fairly large amounts as effective healing. Add on the smart heal sniping component to atonement, and you see how much with ease the disc is going to pull ahead of you.

The better question to ask about instead is about any fights to which you are struggling with or the healing composition is struggling with(Because a simplistic view can be along the lines of the disc priest is preventing a bunch of damage, and you're healing up the majority of the damage that goes through the prevention).

I won't go with the advice to lower your mastery, you're just at 76%, if anything I'd increase it, I think it's a great stat for us.

Looking at your logs at http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cr...?s=7911&e=8344, the disc priest only joined the fights you 3 healed, and was shadow in the fights you 2 healed with the druid. I think the reason you lost to the disc in the average hps on those fights is exactly because you were 3 healing. The disc sniped all the absorbs first, leaving you and the druid to fight for whatever snippets were remaining. I think had you 2-healed those fights with the disc priest, most of the druid healing would have gone to you and you would have "won" the average hps.

Not that I think that hps is a good measure to judge if you're doing your job properly or not, much more important is the peaks in hps rather than the average. Even if you "lost" on average hps to the disc, your peaks are higher than the disc priest even when 3 healing, and this is much more important to the survival of the raid than sniping the healing on the easy parts of the fight.