Deleted

What happened to glyphs?

I realized I can't find glyphs as my rogue couldn't walk on water anymore when I activated her speed buff.

So, what's the deal? Seems that in my quest to keep away from Legion spoilers, I also missed gameplay changes. Glyphs seem to have changed fully. I saw that you now apply them to a spell?

Also, some of them tell me "this glyph can't be applied here" - what do I need to apply them?

Is there a list of all glyphs now anywhere? I seem to have problems locating one.

Any help explaining the system and answering my questions is appreciated. Thank you.

Glyphs are applied directly to spells and only provide cosmetic changes. Think of them as illusions for your spells. Wowhead or a link from a friendly Scribe should be able to provide you with a list of available glyphs.

Deleted
    Thanks for that reply, but why can't I apply some glyphs? I got glyph of impending victory I think, and it keeps saying I can't apply it in that place. What place can I apply it in?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it needs to be applied to the spell it's going to modify. If I want to get rid of bigfatowl I'd click the Glyph of Bluedruid, then click the Spell Moonkin Form in my spellbook et voila! No more bigfatowl but Bluedruid now. Some Glyphs contradict each other and you can't combine them..
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that some glyph work with basic spells, but not talented ones. Say, you can change Shadowfiend into Sha, but it won't let you do that with Mindbender. You have to drop the talent, apply glyph - and it will ignore it if you spec MB again.

Maybe they fixed that, but it was annoying me for a while.

Deleted
    What happened to Glyphs price. That's what i wanna know about It's ridiculous

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You need a lot of pigments even for a single glyph - way more than in previous expansions. I guess that's because you don't really swap them anymore, but still, they never needed that much.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Any help explaining the system and answering my questions is appreciated. Thank you.
    Basically, in Legion Blizzard have "pruned" many abilities and talents while also deleting all the non-cosmetic glyphs and the Draenor perks (ability upgrades gained through levelling in WoD). To make up for this you can now farm artefact points until your eyes bleed, thus unlocking traits in order to restore some of the functionality you had before.

Essentially they managed to find a way to market cut content as actual content lol.

I had to buy a cheetah glyph for each one of my druid specs, cuz blizzard is an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Keep in mind that some glyph work with basic spells, but not talented ones. Say, you can change Shadowfiend into Sha, but it won't let you do that with Mindbender. You have to drop the talent, apply glyph - and it will ignore it if you spec MB again.

Maybe they fixed that, but it was annoying me for a while.
    Thank you! This is what I was looking for, that was the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't know, but people don't really put them on AH anymore, I looked for rogue glyphs just earlier and... only 1 glyph posted 5 times. Nothing else. Like there was not a single other rogue glyph besides that one on the AH. And my server is quite alive.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Basically, in Legion Blizzard have "pruned" many abilities and talents while also deleting all the non-cosmetic glyphs and the Draenor perks (ability upgrades gained through levelling in WoD). To make up for this you can now farm artefact points until your eyes bleed, thus unlocking traits in order to restore some of the functionality you had before.

Essentially they managed to find a way to market cut content as actual content lol.
    That's kind of odd. Is there anything to get rogue to water walk again? That's just what I want, to activate my speed buff and walk on water.

10+ Year Old Account
    glyphs are gone
    inscription proffesion is dead
    enjoy your new expansion
    enchants are gone too..enchanting is dead
    all the cool people are engineers
    anyone wanting to make more money is a leatherworker or blacksmith or tailor
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that reply, but why can't I apply some glyphs? I got glyph of impending victory I think, and it keeps saying I can't apply it in that place. What place can I apply it in?
    Some glyphs are specs specific, or talent specific. Enable either of those to permanently apply choice glyph.

Deleted
    So, I still haven't managed to find out if my rogue can walk on water when using the speed increase ability. I really miss that

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    glyphs are gone
    enjoy your new expansion

What? Both of those Professions make a ton of Gold.

Does "walk on water when using the speed increase" sounds to you as a COSMETIC change of a spell?

I don't know, but people don't really put them on AH anymore, I looked for rogue glyphs just earlier and... only 1 glyph posted 5 times. Nothing else. Like there was not a single other rogue glyph besides that one on the AH. And my server is quite alive.

That's kind of odd. Is there anything to get rogue to water walk again? That's just what I want, to activate my speed buff and walk on water.
    Most of the glyph patterns right now are found via random drops, and they're relatively rare. I've only found three or four so far. Might be why you haven't been able to find any aside from that one. And no, I'm pretty certain the glyph of water walking for rogues was removed - all of the glyphs right now are purely cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    glyphs are gone
    enjoy your new expansion
    I've made a ton of money off of inscription. Turns out people are willing to shell out for cool spell effects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    Most of the glyph patterns right now are found via random drops, and they're relatively rare. I've only found three or four so far. Might be why you haven't been able to find any aside from that one. And no, I'm pretty certain the glyph of water walking for rogues was removed - all of the glyphs right now are purely cosmetic.
    Ah, thanks for telling me that. Well... I guess I'll have to start stocking on water walking potions.