Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    So there really isn't much point in selling my current gear in preparation for the next expansion then? I mean, I have 310 million banked anyway.
    I have something like 7 millions and never needed anymore than that. Given the fact that pre-exp patch gives you some time to farm current content with new loot (don't know if bounties and such will be implemented for vanilla-only accounts) you will get new gear easily.

If you plan to sell everything, well, you're going to make some money from it. I just don't think it's worth it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Yeah thanks to Blizzard crashing any economy into the ground, I dont think we need currency any more. You can't trade anyway.

The only thing you'll need gold for is reforging at lvl 70. And at lvl 70 you get like 2-3 millions from every rift event you do ( at least atm in the beta ). Of course having more gold helps you with more reforging, but I dont think it's worth selling all your stuff now. I think the best use for gold is buying gear that will help you lvl 60 to 65 as fast as possible.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

11k gold is now the baseline for Bounties at level 70, I guess making 1.1 billion gold in 6 days is something Blizzard didn't want you to do even though gold is fairly useless now

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Boa game is so retarded.
    Why's that it's like playing single player progression in terms of loot. What Diablo III should have been from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Why's that it's like playing single player progression in terms of loot. What Diablo III should have been from the start.
    If it should be a single player experience, why do we play online and in groups ?

Maybe for you it's a single player game, for many of us it is not. Well, after RoS it will be. Unfortunately.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

IIRC you can trade items with people in your group for a limited amount of time, sort of like it happens in WoW where raid drops can be traded in a two hours window with people eligible to the loot.

I cannot find a blue post right now, so i'm probably wrong on it anyway.

IMO the BoA change is awesome ... i really hope they dont change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    I find it funny people are saying RIP this and RIP that when everybody knows D3 is a well and truly dead game anyway. May it RIP in Peace.
    May it rest in peace in peace?

...facedesk
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    If it should be a single player experience, why do we play online and in groups ?
    Why do we play online? Because they MAKE us play online.

For those that want to play online in groups you have a 2hr trade window within your party, so BoA will have 0 effect on loot sharing in groups, the ONLY thing it'll effect is people "outgrowing" set/legendary gear and giving it to friends.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    May it rest in peace in peace?

...facedesk
    Sadly RIP in Peace seems to be the new net "thing"(not THAT new tbh, been seeing it for quite a while), dunno if it's just because the general level of intellect on the internet has hit an all time low or they're trying to be funny.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    The BoA change is good for people who play mostly self found, and did the same in D2. For me it's a good change but I can see that it's less of a positive change for avid traders. Having said that, the reason behind is probably twofold; 1) to counter item selling sites like in D2, and 2) to increase the drop rates of items that are considered upgrades, making the item hunt more meaningful. Whether it is the right choice remains to be seen but I, for one, like it. Gold will lose most of its value and that's fine, but it'll still be needed for crafting, upgrading gems and enchanting.

Another positive side effect of BoA is the fact that we don't get some incredibly crappy and arbitrary currency like the duped SoJs in D2, or before that perfect gems. Once again some people will probably consider that a negative side effect, and it's incredibly hard to please both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    I find it funny people are saying RIP this and RIP that when everybody knows D3 is a well and truly dead game anyway. May it RIP in Peace.
    The game is far from dead. Your post makes absolutely zero sense, just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it. And what does RIP in peace mean? It's either Rest In Peace, or RIP, not some amalgamation of the two.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2013-11-27 at 11:10 AM.

It's an inside joke from Kripp's stream.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    And what does RIP in peace mean? It's either Rest In Peace, or RIP, not some amalgamation of the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    It's an inside joke from Kripp's stream.
    Offtopic but http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rip-in-peace

Just because on internet everything is a repost of a repost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Why do we play online? Because they MAKE us play online.

For those that want to play online in groups you have a 2hr trade window within your party, so BoA will have 0 effect on loot sharing in groups, the ONLY thing it'll effect is people "outgrowing" set/legendary gear and giving it to friends.
    Again, speak for yourself. I want to play online. With everything that includes.

And the 2 hour window is a little compromise, but it is not much. Imagine somebody having more than 3 friends. Or they are not online when the item drops. Or you outgrow some items and want to hand them to your friend. Or my wife suddenly starts playing and I want to give her some gear. There are too many examples to list.

It's all nice and dandy for YOU. But you are lucky that it is exactly your prefered play style that blizzard is now forcing EVERYBODY into. Many others like other styles.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    All legendary items, set items, gems, and gold are account bound now.

So effectively there is no meaningful trading anymore.

Blizzard went from one terribly retarded extreme to another.
    That sucks

They need to add gamblers back into the game. I loved blowing all my D2 gold on circlets and such trying to get a +2 skill, Faster Cast Rate, Faster Hit Recovery, helm with resistance or a socket. And when you rolled a perfect one, oh boy they fetched a pretty penny.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    They need to add gamblers back into the game. I loved blowing all my D2 gold on circlets and such trying to get a +2 skill, Faster Cast Rate, Faster Hit Recovery, helm with resistance or a socket. And when you rolled a perfect one, oh boy they fetched a pretty penny.
    they have a form of gambling in the beta. You get a special currency from completing rifts and bounties, which you can currently spend on bags that drop a bunch of items when you use em. Or for a cheaper amount, you can buy an individual item of of a specific slot. I havnt played enough yet, but I have yet to see any thing good from the few individual items I purchased, but im assuming you could get rares and legs from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    And the 2 hour window is a little compromise, but it is not much. Imagine somebody having more than 3 friends. Or they are not online when the item drops. Or you outgrow some items and want to hand them to your friend. Or my wife suddenly starts playing and I want to give her some gear. There are too many examples to list.
    If it works like on wow, as soon you get offline the counter stops ticking. Put item into alt inventory and leave it offline until friend appears. Again, IF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    There will be gambling. You loot a new currency called "blood shards" and for 5 of them you can buy a random piece of gear - it can be from a blue to a legendary; you can also buy horadric caches now in beta with them.

I don't see an issue with a BOA kind of system, they eliminate people who use mommy's credit card, they eliminate gold botting/item botting/auction house botting...if you want to trade then try locating a friend or 3 and playing with them, you'll have 2 hours to trade gear that drops while playing together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    11k gold is now the baseline for Bounties at level 70, I guess making 1.1 billion gold in 6 days is something Blizzard didn't want you to do even though gold is fairly useless now
    So they changed it from 140k to 11k? Yeah, maybe that's a little excessive if the cost for crafting gear and enchanting is still about 100-150k.
    Guess people won't be rolling around in too much gold after all.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I don't see an issue with a BOA kind of system, they eliminate people who use mommy's credit card, they eliminate gold botting/item botting/auction house botting..
    Just cause you can't afford a credit card on your own does not mean that everybody still lives with their mother.

And people will still bot. They will just use the stuff they find themself instead of selling it.
    Ecce homo ergo elk