10+ Year Old Account

Primal Extreme Mode Preview

For anyone that was unable to watch the live letter yesterday, this is a short clip showing some of the mechanics of the Extreme Mode fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ifrit and Garuda was hard to see much major difference.

Titan: The mini I assume will empower that sumo stomp that needs to be kill before the stomp happens (or get knocked off like the vidoe), the rest seems rather similar to current, the cross Landslide isn't much of an issue and they are not touching each other, and generally you would be standing just outside of one so there wouldn't be much issue.

Ultima extreme mode, now I did not expect that one....

Was there a difference for ifrit and garuda? I didn't see any changes
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    from what I saw Garuda and the clones will cast the ultimate instead of mystral shriek and there is a different twister setup (x shaped)

Ifrit more nails in hellfire phase, more clones on the charge and different plumes

Glad to see that we have another go at Ultima weapon

Titan looked like hell
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of the iLvL of the items these bosses drop is it just +2 weapons or other gear? Can't remember what they all drop. About to return from a few months off!

10+ Year Old Account
    They will drop ilvl 90 weapons (same as your relic +1)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh ok. Nice. Also, has SE made any mention of when the next tier of raiding is planned for a release or what it might be about? I know the next patch releases a 24man iLvL 80 gear dungeon but I'm wondering about something iLvL100 (I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Turismo View Post
    Ahh ok. Nice. Also, has SE made any mention of when the next tier of raiding is planned for a release or what it might be about? I know the next patch releases a 24man iLvL 80 gear dungeon but I'm wondering about something iLvL100 (I guess).
    Patch 2.2, around March/April.

Just to clarify though, the Extreme Mode Primals do not "drop" any weapons. It is a quest that requires you to defeat all 3 to acquire the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    It is a quest that requires you to defeat all 3 to acquire the weapon.
    Any idea if it's repeatable? I've been sifting through the info and haven't come up with that answer yet.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Q57: You can obtain weapons for the hard mode primal battles, but what kind of rewards will there be for the extreme-modes?

A57: When you clear extreme-modes for Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan, you'll be able to obtain an item level 90 weapon as a reward. We've prepared weapons for each job.
    So looks like it could be a quest.

If it is a quest, it will either be repeatable, or it will drop something else, to make it worth while for people to do (again). Imagine if you can only do relic on 1 Job only, it will be hell for a lot of people to find group for Titan. So I assume the reward will be repeatable in order to keep (enough) people (and a reason for) running it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice. Glad they have it all planned out. Exciting time to be getting back into the game!

Extreme Primals will grant you a iLvl 90 weapon. It's quest based and you only can get it once so choose wisely that is what I read in Japanese forums. (Can't find Dev post though). This is mean to be for sub job classes, as there is no reason to stress over it since Twintania drops ilvl 95 gear come 2.1. And you should be clearing Twintania on a weekly basis now since it is so damn easy now.

For the fights it seems that, Garuda summons Chiranda and Suprana together in close proximity and based on their position and if their rotation still holds pretty much mean they will Slipstream the safe locations unless you stand between 3 of them. Also the turning vortex phase now have 4 pockets instead of 3 which makes each pocket smaller.

Ifrit Extreme shows that Eruption is no longer interruptable, hence why you have to run from where you were 3 times in a row from the explosion, just like Twintania last phase 5 Liquid Hell but this applies for everyone in the raid. 8 inferno nails, Post Inferno phase the 3rd plume seems to have only one small safe spot which is away from Ifrit.

Titan Extreme seems to summon an Egi version which does stomp, Landslide now occurs to what seem to be a chicken claw pattern, 2 Gaols during the Sumo phase where I suppose you have to use the 2 Gaol as LoS to dodge the pushback effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    cool stuff
    Thanks a ton for the info, this is exactly what I was looking for! ♥