Thread: Tera vs WoW

Tera vs WoW

I recently bumped into a mmorpg called Tera. I haven't it myself but it did seem pretty nice when I watched some vids etc. I was wondering if anyone here played it and can share his/her experience with it, and perhaps draw a few parallels and comparisons with WoW. Is it worth playing.

P.S. I been playing wow since beta and the only other mmorpg I played in terms of investing time into was guild wars.

Thanks

Deleted
    Tera got boring real quick for me, but nothing is stopping you from trying it for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the mouselocked camera obnoxious, the uninterruptable attack animations annoying (once you start an action, your character will carry it out, preventing you from moving during the action except in the direction the action itself moves you), and the questing/world very superficial.

But a lot of people love the "action combat," so give it a try. I love the high contrast primary colors they use in their color palette. The art direction is cool too, except for the 6 year old girls in sexy armor.

But this thread is probably in the wrong forum.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Tera got boring real quick for me, but nothing is stopping you from trying it for yourself.
    Tera has pretty shitty questing so getting to 60 is the hard part. There isn't much at end-game but for what there is it is pretty fun mechanically.

I had a guildy and a friend who was stupid excited for the game, but various end game things, including the enchanting system angered him to the point where he tried to get a refund from his bank (he didn't and we all laughed) He's since come back to wow and is excited for WoD

Deleted
    No subscription, i still hold onto it just for fun times from time to time.

Soloin' big and long bosses is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a Tera thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1080502

Also, game vs. game threads are not allowed.