Thread: Wolverine

Wolverine

So I'm confused on this. In x-2 when they are at bobby drakes house after the mansion raid. The cop shoots wolverine in the head. How exactly did that bullet manage to penetrate the adamantium surrounding wolverines skull?

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume it didn't penetrate the skull. I think he was just knocked down and momentarily stunned by the force of the impact against his skull, kind of like how Sabertooth knocked him out by hitting him with a tree during the first movie.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Bullet didn't penetrate the Metal, it lodged n the flesh of his forehead, seeing as though it hit indestructible material the bullet would have hit the metal and flattened, likely getting stuck behind the skin.

Like so

Wolverine is still susceptible to all the same injuries a normal person has, He just regenerates and recovers from them much quicker.

The Impact of a Bullet against your skull if it was covered in metal would still cause a burst of kenetic energy through your brain, likely to render you unconscious.
    Also being Adamantium and being indestructible means that he would recieve quite a kickback since the Bullet would come to an instant stop and would not slow down as it would passing through softer material resulting in a large kenetic impact in a small area.

Much like when people Die from car crashes or Bombs when they have no external damage but their insides shred from the sheer kenetic force.

It killed him.

The bullet hit his skull and caused a hydrostatic shock to travel through his brain which liquified his grey matter from cerebral cortex to medula oblongata.

He was then revived by the rabid powers of fanboiism after Cyclops appeared on the screen and said if everyone wished really hard and clapped their hands that Wolverine would come back to life.

As you may have gathered I'm not exactly a Wolverine fan. Useless character and very annoying that any X-men pack I'd like to get for Marvel Heroes includes him ....

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It killed him.

The bullet hit his skull and caused a hydrostatic shock to travel through his brain which liquified his grey matter from cerebral cortex to medula oblongata.

He was then revived by the rabid powers of fanboiism after Cyclops appeared on the screen and said if everyone wished really hard and clapped their hands that Wolverine would come back to life.

As you may have gathered I'm not exactly a Wolverine fan. Useless character and very annoying that any X-men pack I'd like to get for Marvel Heroes includes him ....

Wolverine is one of the Best X-men.

He gets shit done, and will kill anyone that tries to harm people he cares for.

He also has a great origin story and is pretty hilarious aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    The Bullet didn't penetrate the Metal, it lodged n the flesh of his forehead, seeing as though it hit indestructible material the bullet would have hit the metal and flattened, likely getting stuck behind the skin.

Like so

Wolverine is still susceptible to all the same injuries a normal person has, He just regenerates and recovers from them much quicker.

The Impact of a Bullet against your skull if it was covered in metal would still cause a burst of kenetic energy through your brain, likely to render you unconscious.
    Also being Adamantium and being indestructible means that he would recieve quite a kickback since the Bullet would come to an instant stop and would not slow down as it would passing through softer material resulting in a large kenetic impact in a small area.

Much like when people Die from car crashes or Bombs when they have no external damage but their insides shred from the sheer kenetic force.
    Except if you watch it when he pushes the bullet out it is in one piece and not compressed at all. I don't think he has the power to reconstruct the bullet on its way out. Also I don't know how much room you have between your skull and the skin of your forehead but I sure don't have alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Wolverine is one of the Best X-men.

He gets shit done, and will kill anyone that tries to harm people he cares for.

He also has a great origin story and is pretty hilarious aswell.
    I'll go ahead and leave this here as a rebuttal to all of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhko3m7D6UA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Except if you watch it when he pushes the bullet out it is in one piece and not compressed at all. I don't think he has the power to reconstruct the bullet on its way out. Also I don't know how much room you have between your skull and the skin of your forehead but I sure don't have alot.
    It wouldn't look as cool, so the special effect guys made it look like a full bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I'll go ahead and leave this here as a rebuttal to all of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhko3m7D6UA
    Gotta love Pete Holmes.

Aside, yeah, I wouldn't expect genuinely accurate interpretation of the comics all the time. It's just a way of creating drama in the plot, not much else.