Thread: second Wind

second Wind

I see a lot of threads, and posts about how "op" second wind is. I just started pvping on my warrior again. Thanks to gold I got arena geared quick. Yay increasing conq cap. If the sole reason why you lose to a warrior in pvp is "second wind" as so many people say. You need to learn how to pvp. This talent doesn't heal worth a damn. Anyone I face just blows right through it, even with defensive cds up and in defensive stance.

People used to complain about it because Warriors who were half decent knew to use heroic leap around a corner and LoS for Second Wind to keep em up (while their healers were CCed).. but honestly I haven't seen people really complain about second wind like they used to (non-stop) in ages.

Now it's mostly about (possibly, depending on talents) 2 interrupts, 2 reflects, 2 stuns, plus good mobility (took a hit w/ intervene no longer derooting/snaring you), and damage.

They lowered mobility which will lower damage a bit as well. But who knows. I just hope that if they do nerf the class further, it's not a class killer nerf.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-11-24 at 06:58 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but wasn't it nerfed awhile back reduced heal and no heal while stunned? used to be able to take on 5-6+ players with it and def stance and take forever to die.

Second Wind is not the problem with warriors. It's their mobility + damage, not self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    used to be able to take on 5-6+ players with it and def stance and take forever to die.
    Doubtful second wind kept you up through the damage of 5-6 players. I don't even know why people claim dumb shit like this. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post

Now it's mostly about (possibly, depending on talents) 2 interrupts, 2 reflects, 2 stuns, plus good mobility (took a hit w/ intervene no longer derooting/snaring you), and damage.
    Its basicly this. You can make it 3 stuns together with Stormbolt, Charge, Shockwave.

Then dont forget godlike Shieldwall.

2nd wind is just one of many fucked up things on a warrior.

And you can use everything while lol bursting, not for example like hunter or SP who go defensive with deterrance or Dispersion, or mage with Iceblock.
    Its just shieldwall/2nd wind and faceroll the shit out of ppl for the lol.

Ok, when you pick bladestorm then you cant use for the duration other ablities. Tbh thats very unfair, makes warrior almost underpowered already.

Basicly warriors ruin pvp this season totally. Its sad

Deleted
    No one pointed towards second wind as the core reason for warriors being op. But rather an array op abilities (Bladestorm, mass spell reflect, unhindered mobility, Ms, Good damage and yes second wind).

I played a ret paladin and aff lock. I remember doing a test on a warrior in a duel as a aff lock and having all my dots stacked up and buffed, second wind was out healing my dots. (3% hp a sec is a lot). So to stay Second Wind that is an automatic heal is "not worth a damn", is making me think you are trolling us.

Anyways, I quit this game a month or two back when blizzard let pvp balance get really out of control, especially arena (3v3 and 2v2). Every class is suppose to have their own Strengths and Weaknesses, but warrior do not have many weaknesses in comparison to other classes. It's no wonder people are complaining, people just want this game to be balanced and Blizzard are sitting back and watching their subscriptions decline by the millions (literally).
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2013-11-24 at 02:49 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubtful
    second wind kept you up through the damage of 5-6 players. I don't even know why people claim dumb shit like this. /sigh
    It kept you alive long enough to find a healer. Maybe you didn't play warrior then?
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-11-25 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticaster View Post
    It kept you alive long enough to find a healer. Maybe you didn't play warrior then?
    Second wind barely lasted you against 2 people. 6? L2P.

Second wind was stronger at the start of the expansion when people were doing less damage to each other meaning second wind was giving warriors healing levels that people were struggling with added to the fact that warrior sustained and burst at the time was so high relative to other classes meaning it wasn't that warriors were immortal, it was just that people hit second wind and were doing little damage to the warrior, while the warrior was stomping on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    2 people is still way too many for it to be able to heal through. Second Wind should only be able to partially mitigate damage from one player, not make you invincible against one player and a tough fight for 2.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Nowdays Second Wind is so badly nerfed by combat fatigue that a single classes dots is enough to keep you from healing behind that pillar, have to wait 30s+ sometimes before im back to 35% hp.

we tested SW in a skirmish arena - it heals 8500 per tick on 522 warrior. SW taken alone isn't gonna save anybody. combined with another def CD (and warriors have plenty) it becomes a miracle that makes clueless people go to the forums and cry.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Haha L2P thats great because it sounds like you are the one with the L2P issue with second wind barely working against two people. There are these things you might not know about called defensive cooldowns. Give them a try they are pretty nice.

I agree that it's just another mongo ability that requires little to no effort. It seems like when warriors are pushing buttons big things are happening. It's not a matter of 'uptime'... It's a matter of the quality of their toolkit.. They accomplish more in smaller amounts of time with little to no ramp up time and gain momentum back in a matter of one GCD. Add in an ability that has no cd or activation cost and is easily manipulated and it just makes it seem OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    we tested SW in a skirmish arena - it heals 8500 per tick on 522 warrior. SW taken alone isn't gonna save anybody. combined with another def CD (and warriors have plenty) it becomes a miracle that makes clueless people go to the forums and cry.
    Except it will when the warrior starts kiting you, which is extremely easy to do. 8500 EVERY second is also pretty stupid tbh. You'd have to do 8500 DPS to negate the effect of Second Wind, and people in PvP usually do roughly 10-20k DPS depending on class, basically making Second Wind a Shield Wall while below 35% hp. That combined with storm bolt every 30 seconds, leap every 30 seconds, charge every 12 seconds, spell reflect every 25 seconds, mass reflect every 1 min, pummel every 15 seconds and interrupt shout every 40 seconds; it becomes a real challenge to kill a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to run into any problems with Warriors as a melee this season. Sure, they are much harder to control compared to last season, and BS+BB combo generally takes me and my partner down to 50% if we derp and stand in it (I've taken to roaring away during Bladestorm). But, yea, I can see how warriors can easily take out most players now, and I doubt that the intervene nerf will fix (Instead of having another defensive CD or an additional spell reflect, warriors will pick up safeguard, which is a pretty decent talent itself)

Enraged Regen... I don't think thats affected by battle fatigue in my testing. More then Second Wind, which only functions below 35% (Execute for a number of classes) and doesn't function while stunned, I would say that Enraged Regen might be extremely powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Second wind isn't as OP anymore. It was vs. tyranical gear. Vs. grievous is pretty balls, more like a rogue's cheat death, you just live for 3 extra seconds.

frost mage can do 70k dmg in 1 gcd, second wind can heal 7k hp in 1 sec, they should buff mage and nerf second wind right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    frost mage can do 70k dmg in 1 gcd, second wind can heal 7k hp in 1 sec, they should buff mage and nerf second wind right now lol
    But as said above, the overall dps of a frost mage doesnt exeed 20k dps very foten, which means as long as the warrior is beneath 35% he effectively halfs your sustained dps. But yes, new gear has taken care of it.