### PC Build, Need advice please :) ###

- Can someone please tell me if the following components are good by price/quality?
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition : $ 199,00
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0 : $ 87,00
    Graphics: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 OC : $ 260,00
    Power: XFX Pro 550W : $ 60,00

- Would you suggest a different Motherboard?

- They say there will be a new GPU's from AMD coming out within 1-2 months, which GPU are they talking about?

- They say AMD is more power consuming than Intel, I most likely gonna have my computer run for 18 hours a day... will there be a huge difference on the electricity bill between AMD and Intel?

Yes AMD is much more power consuming then Intel this is largely due to the fact AMD GPU's generally have more cores then Intel...More Overclocked cores = more power consumption.

It's hard to get a exact estimate on your power bill monthly because of several factors, but a good guess would be a extra 12-18$ per month.

Your build comes down to personal taste and what not, but there is one thing you should change and that's your PSU. 60$ is not going to get you a good one.

I have a couple friends that repair computers for a living and they say the number one thing for the damage is cheap or under watted PSU's.

I'd look to get a Seasonic around the 110$ price point...Seasonic has the most reliable PSU's hands down.

- - - Updated - - -

I just ran some numbers on the hardware you plan on making your build with..Running your CPU at 4.0GHZ and running your graphics card at stock speed your PC will be using approximately 465W...A PSU that cheap won't be 100% efficient on the 550W that it has so you'll be pushing it extremely tight. Running that PSU you risk hardware damage and that chance increases as it ages.

Highly recommend getting a PSU that has 650W, you always want a safety net.

10+ Year Old Account
    $12-18 extra per month? You're stretching it, fella.

Also the OEM of that PSU is Seasonic. 550w is more than enough for a 760.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Rye25 View Post
    Yes AMD is much more power consuming then Intel this is largely due to the fact AMD GPU's generally have more cores then Intel...More Overclocked cores = more power consumption.
    AMD's CPUs consume more power because of inferior fabrication at 32 nm. AMD CPUs also has a massive L2 cache which increases power consumption.

It's hard to get a exact estimate on your power bill monthly because of several factors, but a good guess would be a extra 12-18$ per month.
    No. A fully overclocked FX-8350 pulls at most 50W more than an i5 at load.

If fully loaded 24/7, a FX-8350 would to consume $40 more electricity per year (at $0.10/kWh). In reality, CPUs are only partially loaded by games and are idle most other times. Expect at most a yearly increase of $5-10 in electricity cost with a FX-8350 under standard circumstances.

Your build comes down to personal taste and what not, but there is one thing you should change and that's your PSU. 60$ is not going to get you a good one.

I have a couple friends that repair computers for a living and they say the number one thing for the damage is cheap or under watted PSU's.

I'd look to get a Seasonic around the 110$ price point...Seasonic has the most reliable PSU's hands down.
    Delta PSUs are the most reliable as Delta is an industrial electronics manufacturer.

Seasonic is solid, but XFX units are all Seasonic.

I just ran some numbers on the hardware you plan on making your build with..Running your CPU at 4.0GHZ and running your graphics card at stock speed your PC will be using approximately 465W...A PSU that cheap won't be 100% efficient on the 550W that it has so you'll be pushing it extremely tight. Running that PSU you risk hardware damage and that chance increases as it ages.

Highly recommend getting a PSU that has 650W, you always want a safety net.
    No. 550W is perfectly fine for the above listed system.

My i7-4770K + 760 pulls 330W max in Unigine. 550W is enough for all GPUs up to 770, 7970 Ghz, and R9-280X.

@ OP

I recommend switching to an Intel Haswell i5 if you play WoW

There are no new AMD GPUs slated for release within 1-2 months. People are looking forward to aftermarket versions of the R9-290 ($400) and R9-290X ($550) because the reference cooler is garbage.

Didn't have to rip me a new ass on everything i posted lol.....I posted a very brief summary without to much explaining and detail.

For his overall Watts i calculated absolutely all of his hardware together and as if his CPU was clocked to 4.0GHZ...Technically he can survive with only a 550W source but that leaves zero options for future upgrades..Coming to computers in most cases your getting exactly what you pay for..If the PSU is $60 that's considered low-end range. Am not saying it's crap. Chances are at that price shortcuts were made somewhere..I heard this particular PSU has cheap fans and causes problems due to that...Also been reports that it runs great but will suddenly die after less then a year use. This isn't uncommon for 40-60$ PSU.

In the long run your normally better off getting high quality that better stands the test of time and can coop with hardware expansions.

And your right about going with Intel if you play WOW....Intel and Nvidia handles WOW much better then AMD Radeon.

As for power consumption...The price of power is different depending on where you live..In Canada where am from power is much more then lots of places in the States and so on.

If you go with AMD and Radeon GPU that are OC to sin it's gonna be a difference...AMD is known for power whoring.

Bottom line and my main point in my original post was you don't wanna be dancing right on the line of power being used to what you have. Always want a safety net.

Like i said i know friends that fix computers and are far more knowledgeable then i am and PSU break a lot of computers..They got builds that consume 510W and get a 55OW PSU..Yeap am good..That covers it....2 years later there's hardware damage because the PSU isn't efficient as it was before..or overheated parts drawing more power..etc..etc.

- - - Updated - - -

And running a 770 with 550W is playing with fire, your asking for it. Doesn't make any sense to have a $300+ processor $300+ Graphics then you got this shitty cheap $60 PSU running the show.

PSU is the absolute #1 thing people will make a shortcut on trying to cut cash...PSU is your computers lifeblood. You wanna have a low end PSU running power to 1000-2000$ in parts go ahead. Is a decent little PSU tho...At least the OP isn't totally silly and going with a $60 Corsair PSU.

15+ Year Old Account
    And running a 770 with 550W is playing with fire, your asking for it. Doesn't make any sense to have a $300+ processor $300+ Graphics then you got this shitty cheap $60 PSU running the show.

PSU is the absolute #1 thing people will make a shortcut on trying to cut cash...PSU is your computers lifeblood. You wanna have a low end PSU running power to 1000-2000$ in parts go ahead. Is a decent little PSU tho...At least the OP isn't totally silly and going with a $60 Corsair PSU.
    No. If you slap together a build in pcpartpicker (FX-8350, GTX 770, 2x hdd, 1x odd) it will estimate the power draw with 480W. But this is actually an absolute worst case scenario which factors in some overclocking and still estimates higher than needed. During normal gaming, the system will probably never go above 400W.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    absolute worst case scenario
    To add, 'worst case scenario' means a complete GPU/CPU benchmark at 100% load, which people usually don't do. They usually benchmark one then the other. NORMAL use will hit (as bier stated) about 350w. So a GOOD (Say, XFX 550w, which has ~550w on the 12v), 550w PSU will be perfectly fine. It will also be perfectly fine for upgrades, since newer hardware will likely use just as much, if not LESS power. The only situation a bigger PSU would be warranted, would be if you consider SLI, and usually people mention that up front. It's also a pretty rare situation.

Power/$ wise.... is a non-issue. Most gaming computers run about $25 a month if you keep them on 24/7 and play games about 8 hours a day. The wattage difference on any one part of similar power will not change your bill at all. A few cents to a dollar a month. It's a non-issue. Period.

Didn't have to rip me a new ass on everything i posted
    He wasn't 'ripping ass on everything you posted'. It was just coincidence that almost everything you posted was either misleading, or outright incorrect. XFX is a good brand.

Also, moving this to the build sub-forum.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-11-24 at 08:53 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Didn't have to rip me a new ass on everything i posted lol.....I posted a very brief summary without to much explaining and detail.
    He commented and corrected your incorrect information, nothing more.

If the PSU is $60 that's considered low-end range. Am not saying it's crap.
    Actually that's what you're saying right here, word for word. Read below.

then you got this shitty cheap $60 PSU running the show.
    Which is comical, considering your rig (assuming it's true) runs a Seasonic PSU as well. All XFX PSU are Seasonic OEM, I've told you this already in the other topic you were trying to correct someone.

And running a 770 with 550W is playing with fire, your asking for it.
    If you ran it with some crappy no name PSU yes. This system would pull ~450W completely maxed out, with the CPU overclocked 1.4v and with a few extra components in which case this PSU would still be fine. OP has nothing to worry about and no matter how many times you repeat yourself and say "As I was saying" it's not going to make it right.

To be honest if you keep giving advice that's wrong and arguing with those that knows what they're talking about just for the sake of arguing then I can't take you seriously and you should probably do some research before giving more advice. You seem to start out with the right intentions but when it's based on wrong numbers and borderline bashing certain brands then it's not okay in my opinion.

As for "Uprisings":

For about the same money you can get an i5-4670k, the PSU is on sale now $26 after code and rebate.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.95 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($25.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $576.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-24 08:42 EST-0500)

It will run on stock cooling but I would recommend at least getting some basic aftermarket cooling:

Enermax ETS-T40-TB $33

If you need to save more you could get a cheaper GPU and still be fine.

PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT - ~$210 after rebate

Or you could get something cheaper like this, with a better GPU. If it's for WoW/MMO mainly I would recommend the i5-4670k though. This will however work better than the AMD (cpu) based system in the OP:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor ($159.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($80.55 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($299.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($25.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $566.51
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-24 08:50 EST-0500)

Swap to the GTX 760 above to simply save some money. If looking to save even more this MSI H81M-P33 would be okay with the i3 CPU.

Thank you so much all for the time that each of you took in order to help me out, and writing me such a great responses with so much information to read!
    I have considered to buy a Pentium i5 but when I compared the i5-4670K with AMD FX-8350 than I noticed the AMD has so much more CPU Mark. Now don't ask me what a CPU Mark is though! But I guess (as a Dummy) its the working (processing) speed of the CPU? and the more CPU mark you have the better the performance (as it says on the website: cpubenchmark ) Sorry I can't put links yet

Anyways it says this:
    CPU Mark Relative to Top 10 Common CPUs:
    [Higher results represent better performance]

Intel Core i7-3930K 3.20GHz - CPU Mark: 12,095
    Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz - CPU Mark: 10,163
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz - CPU Mark: 9,971
    Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz - CPU Mark: 9,571
    Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz - CPU Mark: 9,420
    AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core - CPU Mark: 9,072
    Intel Core i7-3820 3.60GHz - CPU Mark: 9,008
    Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz - CPU Mark: 8,878
    Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz - CPU Mark: 8,466
    Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz - CPU Mark: 8,312
    Intel Core i5-4670K 3.40GHz - CPU Mark: 7,539

The plan is to do Multiboxing on the computer, and run 5 WoW accounts at once (party) and Livestreaming this.
    You think the AMD is good enough to do this? Or shouldn't I take the risk and go for a Pentium instead since a couple of you mentioned that Pentium works better with WoW? And if Pentium, should I really go for the i5? Since CPU Mark's shows its lower than the AMD, by +/-1500?

And if it will be the AMD or Pentium, what (budget) motherboard should I take? Could any of you please give me advice on the CPU?
    Thank you kindly all

Deleted
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ is a terrible site for benchmarks, don't really rely on anything you read there.

The i5-4670k is much better in WoW and if you buy the GTX 760 it will support Shadowplay which will let the 760 handle streaming and taking the stress off of the CPU. i7-4770k would be optimal but it's obviously more expensive.

"Efficiency" isn't how much power a power supply puts out compared to what it's rated for. "Efficiency" compares the power output to how much power it draws from the wall to produce that energy; in other words, how much is lost in the transfer. Higher is better, but quality is more a factor. A low quality 750W power supply will fail in his rig before a Corsair / Seasonic 500W unit will.

As to the CPU question: if you're multiboxing, run an i7. The FX-8350 is effectively AMD's 'i7', in that it has four physical modules and 8 thread handlers. Unfortunately, it's a lot slower. Never base your numbers off one benchmark, either; have a look at http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/701?vs=697 for a comparison between the 8350 and a Haswell i5.

The i5 should handle 5 boxing just fine. The i7 will probably do it better. Also, it's not "Pentium i5", Pentium is the name for their low-end chip. Anyone building a rig for performance or gaming will get an i5 or i7. I love AMD chips and use their APUs for a lot of my lower end builds, but they're just not competitive in the high end right now.
    Super casual.