Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'd sure I'll catch some flak for this, but...

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you're a straight guy, andthen go out with your straight friends (guys and girls) and all the guys order stuff like beer, scotch, whisky and then you order a peach schnapps with cranberry juice you're gonna be the butt of jokes.

My brother in law did this once when a bunch of us went out for drinks. My wife (his sister), him, his GF, their young brother, and couple others were all out and he ordered an apple-tini. To this day we make fun of him for that and it was like 5 or 6 years ago.
    You know what I did the last time I was at a bar and this conversation came up? After finishing my second pitcher of beer, the first a hef and the second a tasty stout, and the three shots that the bartender gave us for free where I was the only one not chasing their drink this exact discussion came up about how men couldn't drink "girly drinks" or how they would just be embarrassed to be seen drinking one. I'll tell you exactly what I told them: Real men drink what they want because they know what they want, pussies don't drink something they like because other fucktards think it's girly. My following cosmo was delicious by the way.

Don't get me wrong I make fun of people for that shit too, but only because it bothers them. If they weren't so self conscious and needing of people to approve of their drink choice it wouldn't be funny and they wouldn't get made fun of for it nearly as much.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not alcohol lower myself here...but there is one thing i like:
    Cherry in alcohol + chocolate.

It hides the taste.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I'm kinda like you. Alcohol makes me gag. A glass of JD has me running to the toilet. I think what we despise is the distinct taste present in all sorts of liquor, from the cheapest of Vodka to the most expensive of wines. That said, I think you should try the Irish Car Bomb. It's basically Whiskey floated on Baileys Irish cream in a shot glass, which is dropped into a larger glass of Guinness beer. It's brilliant!
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by MjH View Post
    So long story short is I've tried numerous times to drink over the years with friends and I totally despise the taste of alcohol. I've tried everything under the sun you name it yet I can't acquire a taste for it. I enjoy the social aspect of drinking and being buzzed with friends but it really is a chore for me to drink. I literally have to do shots just because I can't stand the taste over and over. I guess it is a good thing I save a ton of money not drinking but just seems like I"m always the downer who don't want to go drink or drink at parties.

I know alcohol isn't supposed to necessarily taste wonderful I just don't understand how people can drink things just on ice or sip it. I'm confused I almost feel like I'm missing something lol. How do people like that taste? I know I'm probably a wussy but still I'm lost
    Tia Maria and Orange Juice - tastes like Jaffa Cakes.
    Creme de Cassis and Lemonade - taste like ribena
    Blue Bols and lemondade - tastes like er awesomnes!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and White Russians are awesome (proper ones the dude style!) although I can't drink them anymore FU lactose intollerance.

I drink on occasion. Some things I like, some not so much. However, never do something that you simply don't like just because your friends or anyone is doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same boat as you bro... All alcohol... beer, hard A, mixed drinks etc. People told me mikes hard didn't taste like alcohol, but when I did a taste comparison between regular lemonade and mikes hard lemonade, the mikes hard had obvious hints of alcohol and made the drink taste like shit. That's when I came to the conclusion that drinking just isn't meant for everyone. I'm not even a fan of how alcohol impairs, you... I don't become a fool, but I notice that I don't nearly have as much control over my body as I'd prefer. If you like the buzz feeling, just stick to shots, it's what I do whenever I go to a social event and everyone else is drinking.

I've probably tried almost every type of alcohol, low end to high end and there's not a single one that I can say I like. I'd pick other substances over alcohol any day.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'd sure I'll catch some flak for this, but...

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you're a straight guy, andthen go out with your straight friends (guys and girls) and all the guys order stuff like beer, scotch, whisky and then you order a peach schnapps with cranberry juice you're gonna be the butt of jokes.

My brother in law did this once when a bunch of us went out for drinks. My wife (his sister), him, his GF, their young brother, and couple others were all out and he ordered an apple-tini. To this day we make fun of him for that and it was like 5 or 6 years ago.
    ngl if I've recently watched Scrubs I'll totally go an appletini (easy on the tini!), same with The Big Lebowski and white russians >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Tequila Poppers.... my favourite.
    When I'm online, I'm stoned out of my brick, and I don't want you to think otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright....... If you despise the taste of alcohol generally, you really don't want to try some of the suggestions made here..
    Stuff like Vodka and Gin, a no go..

However, if you don't like some mix drinks I'm listing now, then it's all hopeless...

1. Amaretto with hot chocolate....... Yummy

2. Kahlua with milk ....... yummy

3. Baileys....... That tastes like candy alone by itself, but you can too stretch it with milk or chocolate.

And the queen of cocktails... Strawberry Margarita.
    Or a plain and "simple" Sangria. Gosh, gotta love them Spaniards for that.. Nowhere in the whole World does that stuff taste any better than where it comes from.

Plus... You should always talk to the bartender and tell him your dislike. A good one can mix you a drink, from which you can't get enough of..

And here's a recipe of mine.. It's super yummy, and extremely evil..
    Start with a mix of fruits. Which ever you prefer. A few pounds ( 3 - 4 lb). No Oranges or something like that tho, because....
    You mash them.. Then sugar them, with a LOT of sugar.. Kinda like 0.5 - 1lb sugar (depends on your preference)
    The sugar helps with the taste, and has the nasty (but wanted) side effect of helping the alcohol doing it's job in your system.
    Sugar transports the alcohol faster into your blood...
    Put it in a large bowl. Pour a 0.75l bottle Cognac in it. Cover the bowl with a lid or something.. Let it rest at a cool place, for at least 12 hours, 24 is better.
    Fill up with a half 0.75l bottle of fruit liquor. 1 liter bottle of white wine, 1 liter bottle of red wine. Stir good, scoop into a cup and enjoy.
    Depending on the wine, the liquor and the fruits, you can pretty much dictate the primary taste of the drink...
    But aside from the taste varieties, you'll get wasted like hell. You may get hit like with a sledgehammer even. Since it tastes so great, you'll likely don't realize when you cross the line.... lol
    The measurement amounts given here are for approx. 6 - 8 people.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    vodka and grape juice! purple Jesus ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    I have grown tired of beer and hard alcohol. I have picked up a taste for ciders. Downside is that they are more expensive and harder to find. Upside is they are delicious and more refreshing than other options.

Easy to find around here are: Woodchuck, Angry Orchid, and Strongbow. Go dryer if you do not like it sweet.
    I like sandwiches