Thread: This holiday!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This holiday!

What are the things on everyone's wishlist this year, besides world peace? What sort of gifts are you hinting for? Name a material gift and something immaterial.

I'd like the Starvengers cartoon series on DVD from the 80's, and to reconnect with my buddies from uni!

Deleted
    A Christmas feast and lots of drink is all I want, I own everything I could possibly wish to own except for a Tank or Helicopter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What are the things on everyone's wishlist this year, besides world peace? What sort of gifts are you hinting for? Name a material gift and something immaterial.

I'd like the Starvengers cartoon series on DVD from the 80's, and to reconnect with my buddies from uni!
    I don't really have any wants, and what I need, well most of it can't simply be given. Nor do I feel right burdening anyone with pricy wishes that they shouldn't be spending on right now. I've mostly suggested gift cards to a couple places.

Deleted
    I wish to grow myself a monstrous sized black penis, It probably wont come true, so i'll get myself a strap on instead to impress the ladies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I wish to grow myself a monstrous sized black penis, It probably wont come true, so i'll get myself a strap on instead to impress the ladies.
    Just beat it with a mallet, it will swell considerably and give the impression of enormous size.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Just beat it with a mallet, it will swell considerably and give the impression of considerable size.
    Oh rich you crazy kinky bastard...

As for me, I'm hoping to be kept on at my temp job, some good laughs & good food, that'll do me nicely unless someone should see fit to give me the winning lottery numbers or something.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably ask for a nice pair of speakers for my PC.

Deleted
    I've told my parents that I'd prefer money over presents seeing. Need money for January rent seeing as student loan doesn't come in until feb.

It was difficult finding a material want as I can just pick it up myself. I find I don't really collect anything anymore. Food doesn't last and isn't terribly memorable. I can't think of any new games that excite me this year, and don't wear the jewelery I have. What's cool nowadays?

10+ Year Old Account
    The wife and I are getting ourselves a PS4 as our xmas gift to each other. Other than that, I have nothing on my list.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    I dont want anything particular as far as gifts are concerned but I plan to drag my family somewhere north this year even if it kills me I want to see snow!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I dont want anything particular as far as gifts are concerned but I plan to drag my family somewhere north this year even if it kills me I want to see snow!
    You have never seen snow?

Deleted
    Well, Ive seen it in the freezer and such but real snow.. nope

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I've never seen snow >.< never been outside tropics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Yea so true, tropical climate is terrible

Deleted
    Money and good grades, a girlfriend would be nice to, but I prefer to do that one myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Snow is pretty, untill you have to go outside...
    And its only pretty untill it starts melting and it becomes this brown goo that your shoes suck up in seconds and make your feet feel like lumps of ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Spend a February day in Toronto and you'll find yourself saying "f--- this s---, I'm going home." And you should know, yellow snow is not lemon slushy despite what the friendly locals tell you!

Just beat it with a mallet, it will swell considerably and give the impression of enormous size.
    lol or beat it without the mallet until desired results are achieved?
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2013-11-24 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    actually i don't want anything material for christmas ...
    i would like to have 3DS XL Limited Zelda: Link between Worlds Edition though, although i guess after i've finished the game it would collect dust, so not worth it.
    currently i'm saving up some money because i want to move into a new appartment with my gf, but i guess that won't make it as a "holiday gift"

for immaterial: it might be egoistic but ... in the last couple of years (maybe 3 or 4) i've been ill uncommonly often (every 30-40 days i'd come down with another / the same sickness i had 30-40 days before)... that just sucks because i used to be quite active, playing soccer, doing alot of swimming, cycling and so on ... because i've been ill that often i didn't have the chance / condition to do alot of sports and i gained weight ... now, 3 or 4 years later i feel tired of being sick "all the time". sadly so far no doctor was able to find out what's wrong with me ... i'd very much like that to end, to feel healthy again and being able to do sports frequently again.

I would like for all the people who whine about their first-world crap to get off of their asses and help others. Work at a soup kitchen; volunteer to tutor an illeterate adult (or child), donate to help heat the home of someone with inadequate income, bake a pie and use it to start a conversation with a neighbor that you don't know, write a thoughtful letter to your elect representative so he/she knows what you want (as opposed to what paid lobbyists want). Just do some damned thing to help another human being; you'll be happier, and wiser.
    Last edited by Waarheid; 2013-11-24 at 09:30 PM.

@TheCrusader
    Best wishes and may the season bring you good health!

@Waarheid
    I used to volunteer tutor a lot in uni but stopped after grad. I also used to cook (and bake, *blush) and invite my friends over until they started to expect it. I'm embarrassed to say I'm damn good at it because non of my ex-gf's bothered to learn. Nowadays, I tell my friends to get a life when they make their orders.