Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 1 with mounts, pushing for sales... Sounds suspicious? Prob a reason for that. Prob just scam ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if it was legit the seller would've sold it on his/her main.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought one off a level 1 in SW once and he asked me if I wanted to buy 2 of them lol. I still have it though regardless of how it was obtained.

Deleted
    I once bought epic gems for 150k gold. They were removed from me by a GM, my gold was restored but he kind of warned me to not do it again, assuming that I knew that the deal wasn't "clean".

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...izzard-Actions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookits View Post
    does not answer question!!!
    It's not safe.

If it's a Blizzard store mount, they give you the mount code, take your gold, then they block the purchase by their credit card company and then the mount is taken back, so you end up with lost gold and no mount.

If there is a mount you trading for and not a code you will be fine.
    There is no chance to scam if you just trade gold for a mount. I've both two TCG mounts without any problem.
    I would not buy a code, that's probably always a scam.

Buying something which does not exist in the game for in-game currency is against the Terms of Use.
    Store mounts are often bought with stolen credit cards to give validity to the sale, and to initially avoid any comeback from the code being rejected.
    However the charges can later be reversed, with the new recipient of the mount having it removed.

If it is not in game, it should not be sold for in-game currency, and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    Its a gold seller.
    Not necessarily. My bank char is level 1, and I've sold a few mounts on her. Granted, the ones selling them for stupidly cheap prices probably are lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

if its for the codes of store mounts/pets, dont take it. most likely they've given a payment for that will be withdrawn/fail later and blizz will cancel the item

Sale is perfectly safe IF you're buying the mount for yourself to learn.
    If you're buying a mount to re-sell it, you'll get in trouble and/or have it removed, if you learn the mount it won't be removed.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Him being level 1 means nothing as people have bank alts. Him selling it for a ridiculous price however, is suspicious -- which is why you're asking on a forum. Bottom line is, there's a risk if you go with this seller and you have to make the call its worth the risk (and if you're morally willing to support illegitimate gaming behavior).

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    my bank toon is a lvl 1, i sell everything from him
    not all lvl ones are gold sellers or whatever
    Exactly this , for years my bank toon was a level 1 and was my only toon that regularly hung out in a city so everything was sold through him

I wouldn't trust it, but if you want to take the chance, go ahead.

i had a celestial steed removed from my account 3 years after buying it off of some rando in org. No shit it literally took them 3 years

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reason TCG mounts are not BoP is that it is intended that they can be traded to other players.

As long as you are buying the item for gold the transaction is perfectly legitimate. While it is possible that the seller may be a goldseller, this is by no means certain. Unless there is some evidence that Blizzard have that you knew the item was obtained through illegitimate means, I see no basis for having action taken against you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    i had a celestial steed removed from my account 3 years after buying it off of some rando in org. No shit it literally took them 3 years
    It's not the same thing. You can't buy a celestial steed in Org. You can give someone gold and they can tell you a code. It's very different from opening a trade window and seeing gold exchanged for reins of XYZ.

does not answer question!!!
    If that doesn't answer your question...then I guess we'll be seeing you here in a little while claiming you've been banned for no reason and it's all Blizzard's fault.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    If that doesn't answer your question...then I guess we'll be seeing you here in a little while claiming you've been banned for no reason and it's all Blizzard's fault.
    Actually it completely fails to address his questions:

does anyone know exactly whats going on here? why is he selling so cheap? why is he exfering mount?
    There is no way to tell. It could be a goldseller. It could be someone wanting to transfer characters across realms for legitimate reasons and bringing items like mounts with him because there is a cap on how much gold someone can transfer with.

he promises no code but an actual mount posted in trade window. am I getting steal of a life time or is it a hoax to steal my cash?
    If he has stolen something it is either by duping (a character transfer can be used to dupe an item) or from a compromised account. In either case you are not the one being scammed.

Deleted
    Not safe to buy if he only wants to give you a code - Blizzard can't help then either if something goes wrong.
    Not safe to buy if the seller wants any gold in advance. Any "normal" seller would sell it via trade window : mount=amount of gold

9 times out of ten its duped and you risk the item being taken away from you if you buy it

You could risk it if you want but if it was genuine you would see it in the ah

Take my advice DONT NOT BUY HIGH GOLD ITEMS FROM A LEVEL 1! (sorry for caps)

If they put dupes in the ah you can always plead ignorance but its alot harder to plead ignorance if you tell blizz you bought a item from a level 1 with a name like zxgjca

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    I might be wrong. But I think it is possible to withdraw your purchase from the Blizzard stores. if that's true you can buy a mount for real money, sell it to a poor soul for wow gold, and then withdraw your purchase from the Blizzard store. You get your money back, but gets to keep your wow gold. And the poor sooul who bought your mount will lose it.
    This, they sell you the mount for wow gold and then cancel the payment to blizzard which deletes the mount, they get to keep their real money and your wow gold