Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvii View Post
    Well the idea being Doom simply replaces Corruption, rather than having both and doing the awkward swaps to keep both up. Since Doom is mandatory, Corruption does feel vestigial and now that it can't be refreshed via purple lazors, is out of the low-target AoE rotation. It's really just one extra thing to keep track of that really doesn't serve a purpose in Demonology's rotation other than Fury generation that requires maintenance (particularly in multi-target scenarios now that Everlasting Affliction is gone)

Just default to Doom and adjust Shadowbolt/Shadowflame to compensate for damage and fury. The Xelnath argument against adding something else to Destruction was always 'what good is just another button?' and it's strange that Corruption was left as 'that extra button' for Demonology for the whole expansion.
    I lost track of the number of posts during Beta that 'Demo spends too much time mindlessly spamming Shadow Bolt'. Corruption serves the purpose you state; baseline Fury generation, and something to manage between stances. It was never 'just another button'.

But Destruction could really use a Soul Fire swap mechanic like Demonology to have something to respond to besides trinkets. Affliction responds to Nightfall, Demonology to Molten Core and they still have an intuitive, easy to learn rotation as their foundation. Destruction, particularly with the removal of RoF simply punches the keys as they come up until resources are filled, it's not a matter of simplicity vs complexity, it's adding a reflexive mechanism to keep you awake on those long burn stretches.
    I disagree with this too. Destruction gets really involved when a second or third target shows up, it really doesn't need anything else to watch as Havoc shows more than any kind of proc can, the measure of a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I disagree with this too. Destruction gets really involved when a second or third target shows up, it really doesn't need anything else to watch as Havoc shows more than any kind of proc can, the measure of a good player.
    And there is almost always another target around.

Destro as it is right now is elegant. I'm really enjoying playing with our current 4 pc. The proc adds some depth. I wish it could be baseline next expac but I think the removal of snapshotting would ruin it.

Most likely be a Nerf....there is always a Nerf.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I was saying in place of corruption to extend the duration of HoG/shadowflame such that proper management of the 2x charges would be a decent difference in how you performed in a post snapshotting world. That alone could counteract corruption's DF contribution but I do agree imps/doom crits are far too unreliable. If they did anything or learned anything I'd love to see something like "chance to proc a CW from a ToC = haste rating" or something so ToC had at least some haste scaling. Or maybe a less RNG of just having your ToC damage scale with your haste rating the way chaosbolt scales with your crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    I was saying in place of corruption to extend the duration of HoG/shadowflame such that proper management of the 2x charges would be a decent difference in how you performed in a post snapshotting world. That alone could counteract corruption's DF contribution but I do agree imps/doom crits are far too unreliable. If they did anything or learned anything I'd love to see something like "chance to proc a CW from a ToC = haste rating" or something so ToC had at least some haste scaling. Or maybe a less RNG of just having your ToC damage scale with your haste rating the way chaosbolt scales with your crit.
    I was worried about ToC scaling with Haste in Beta, but Haste has actually turned out a really good stat for us all expansion so it never became an issue. Corruption is a part of the reason for that. It's much cleaner than proc chanced or increased damage that might cause burst issues.