Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just created my first character, an undead priest. Logged into the old starting area and was learning how to move around. Someone else had just created a character and zoned in. He turned around and called me a noob. My friends who got me to play and I laughed about that all night.

This was during beta, 2004.

I was walking from Elwynn forest to Westfall and I saw a mage, I said "Hi, where are you from" and he told me "Italy" and I though "wow there is ppl from all over the world playing this game". He wanted to know where was goldshire and I went with him to that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    My earliest memory was creating and starting on my first toon. A friend at the time was trying to convince me to come to WoW. I logged in for the first time and saw the quest marker right next to me. I accepted it and killed a few mobs, then turned it in and dinged. My immediate reaction was to turn to my friend and say, "Wait... we get experience for questing?" I couldn't believe it. Such a simple thing now, but back then, that was a huge deal for an MMO.
    It was the little things (by todays standards) like that as to why WoW become so successful. That was definitely one of the major things i noted about the game while i was watching its development and playing in the later part of the beta. Just the ability to not have to grind mobs on end for an hour or 2 per level was astonishing; its rather ironic just how far over the line blizzard went with that, to the point that doing anything via mob grinding is nigh-pointless. Its also sad how questing has become the entire focus of leveling in WoW, to the point that Dungeons use to be the major source of xp and have not been for years. Its amazing how the single greatest feature WoW had over every other game at the time, became one of the more "hated" and controversial features the game has nowadays.

It was so good back in the day though....so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most important thing to keep in mind, was I started playing WoW on dialup. In fact, I played on dial up half way through BC (when I started) and didn't get high speed until about Mid-Ulduar/ToC.

But, my first character was a female Night Elf Hunter. I still have her, and she's my only toon that still has a PvP title.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Oh man, stupid nostalgia. I remember watching my friend play his level 60 hunter. He used volley in RFC, since he was running another one of our friends though it, and right away I wanted to wield a bow and arrow. So a while later, I made myself a hunter Didn't know what to name him, so I got a random ass book from my book shelf, opened a random page, and to my surprise I got the name Salazer! Running though the valley of trials, shooting boars, and killing scorpions. It was a whole new world. The start of a LONG ass adventure. Good times

I was around lvl 9 on my first character and I managed to find myself on the zeplin to Stranglethorn. Not knowing at the time, since it was my first toon back in vanilla, that Stranglethorn was a much higher level than me I jumped off into the large lake. A buddy was behind me watching and he was telling me I should be careful. My response was, I"m in the lake and nothing is going to kill me. About 5 seconds later, a crocolisk aggro's me from the shore and one shots me. I learned to pay attention to zone levels after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla, college dorm, circa Spring 2005. Making my way to the Barrens (from Stormwind) for what I believe was a level 30 Alliance Warlock quest for a chest piece or something. Had no idea what I was doing. I think it must have taken me 4 hours just to travel.

I ended up quitting shortly after and picking up WoW again about a year later to play Mage. Found my old Warlock on Greymane a few years ago before they fixed all the weird useless random gear combinations. He had more Agility cloth than I'd care to admit.

A month or two after release of the game I finally picked it up. Played on the Bleeding Hollow US server at first, rolled a Tauren Warrior. I remember running around the Tauren starting zone thinking how cool it was getting to free-form explore the Warcraft universe I saw in the RTS games.

Deleted
    I remember when i started in BC as a rogue , a friend to troll me , told me to bind my Hemorage ability on "TAB". When was playing in a internet cafe , a stranger walked pass and laughed so hard -.-

logging in day one to a buggy server to fight against the hordes of mangy wolves and kobolds in Northshire on my first toon ever, Aldaris the human paladin. I thought to myself "Why couldn't they have just made a Warcraft 4?"... but 9 years later I'm still playing, so GG Blizz!

My first memory of WoW is when I logged in for the first time (pre-bc) I realized that higher resolutions meant my game looked prettier, but at the cost of over half my frame rate on 1024x768 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when I started world of warcraft i was on a 2 week trail account and leveling up a hunter Named Gennaveve. She was human, and It was back when you had to run to scarlet monestary instead of just flying there. Good times...Then I met my ex boyfriend and he ran me through it like a bunch of times and I got everything I needed. I dated him for 5 years straight. He had problems lol Not gonna say what. Long time ago when Karazan was the current content. Thats when I started playing :P

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Leveling to level 40 just by killing things along the way because i didnt know how to do quests or download addons XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember that I first started playing with a male undead mage in vanilla.
    I have played it to ~level 10 where I got stuck with a quest at agamand mills, there were too many strong mobs there..
    After that I think I rolled a Night elf hunter and the environment was such a relief compared to the moldy, rotting tirisfal
    Then I played a lot of other classes

I was at my ex-boyfriends house back in high school about 8 years ago. He wanted me to try out this game he played, so he sat me down at the character screen. I immediately went for the Tauren because well, it's a cow. He didn't like that idea and told me to make a night elf because they're 'sexy'. Once I got into the world he went off to go do something and being I had no idea what to do, I amused myself with the flip animation when you jump and then lodged my toon between two trees. I left to see what he was doing and I came back to a male night elf repeatedly standing up and sitting down. The ex explained that this is how you hump people in the game.

Deleted
    Tauren starting zone about 8 years ago, even more. Thing is, there was this video on G Videos or whatever it was called back then and it was of a Tauren Shaman playing in the starting area. I think it was a 2 part movie, 30 minutes altogether. I imagined myself playing the game, while I was doing Bonus campaign in WC3:Frozen Throne with Rexxar, pretending to be in WoW

And after I got the game my first character was Tauren Shaman and oh my god, will I always remember when I was questing in the Tauren starting zone! I was lagging like a mad dog, because I had a real life friend playing there as well so he told me that, but I loved every single second of it. It was just simply amazing! I was reading all the quests slowly, pretending to be in that world. Amazing feeling, music made it so epic as well!

Deleted
    Attacking lvl 70 aliance warrior with my lvl 20 orc hunter, guess who won xD

15+ Year Old Account
    I was a fresh undead rogue back then in vanilla, I remember the horrors of Stranglethorn. We called it Vietnam. Nonstop PvP all over the place.

I guess starting in TBC on official WoW servers, that was pretty awesome by itself, 0 lags and bugs after all those crappy private servers. Since day 1 on official My warlock that I created back then is my main.

Deleted
    One of my earliest memories in WoW was at around Level 20 when I and a few other people tried to "raid" the Alliance Outpost in Stonetalon Mountains. We failed hard obviously