American Issues Category

To whom it may concern,

Every week there are new threads rising regarding "gun control" or "white house politics" or "obamacare" or "war in Bla".

I am from Ireland and enjoy reading different news stories on off topic forum here on mmo champion but please implement a category for the never ending wave of american related issues similar to those above.

If you read some of the responses to those threads all you get is.

"oh this again" and "same again" or "move on, nothing new here"

The fact that the same issue on obamacare was raised four times in one day is insane for those of us who do not care about the inner working's of America.

Please implement this forum sub category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, a #firstworldproblems subforum
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    One thread not enough for you?

I aprove this idea, political forum for the us, and a civilised political forum for the rest of the world

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any advantage to segregating Off Topic by nationality, and plenty of people are interested in issues and events outside their home country. I recommend just skipping over the threads you're not interested in, whether because they don't pertain to your life or because you simply don't find them interesting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Miminz View Post
    I aprove this idea, political forum for the us, and a civilised political forum for the rest of the world
    +1

1 char

Quote Originally Posted by Miminz View Post
    Heh.

I reckon a politics/news board or sub-board in general might be a good idea, seeing as it comprises about half of Gen OT, but then again you could just leave it there because there's really not that much harm in leaving it there. It's not like it's going that fast, really.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I approve, there's something wrong when you have to filter entire sub forum just because of american politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    im sure ireland has its own sites, this one happens to be american
    personally im sick of the irish complaining about the english and bombing them for no reason....it goes both ways patty

why do you come to a gaming website for politics anyways

Great idea
    Won't be implemented tho because part of the return factor here is the drama those topics create, oh, I mean discussion.
    It serves as a draw and also as a means for people to dig their own grave for moderation.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

If anything, I think that whole forum section should be removed. Nothing but (mostly) Homophobic and Islamophobic people in there.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire general Off-Topic section should be removed. This website is first and foremost centered around World of Warcraft and the occasional news about other various MMOs. It should be a gaming forum. I don't even know how to describe the off-topic forum other than saying it's a steaming pile of shit.

I frequently visit multiple other gaming/tech related forums and none of them have the same problem. None of them have the same festering community as MMOC either so I guess they have that going for them.

Oh, and the over zealous mods that plague MMOC might wanna get them checked out as well. All of the other forums I visit have mods that lock threads, ban posters etc. but none of them act like they're on a power a trip and just wave the ban-hammer around carelessly. And you don't get get banned for criticizing the mods either. A perfect example, I can guarantee I'll be banned due to this post.
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-12-20 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an issue with moderation, the appropriate response to to use the 'contact us' link at the top of the forum to send the admins your concerns in a constructive fashion, ideally with links to examples. It's not appropriate to make public posts about, nor is it even on topic in this thread.

Locking.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |