Is 4-pc T16 worth it for disc priests?

I've got both tokens sitting right now - I'm a shadow main but asked to offheal and I have a solid offset kit. I'm currently two-piece (shoulders and legs), and acquired tokens for head and hands. However, the itemization sucks on both (Mastery + Spirit) and robe isn't much better. I'm sitting at 8k spirit and I really don't want to go above that, and I am using warforged Fusespark gloves and Helm of Swirling Senses (both Mastery + Crit). As most disc, going heavy crit and keeping Mastery decent.

Is the move to 4-pc (+3500 Mastery/10% haste during SS casts) worth the addition of 'garbage' stats that I'll have to somehow reforge out of? Any experience from Disc priests moving from 2-pc to 4-pc?

Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by Voidsinger; 2013-11-26 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Not really, no. The only fights it's semi-decent for are Thok (if you bother using SS, most of the time I don't) and Paragons. Just stick with 2-piece with the off-set items you said.

Deleted
    I personally love the 4pc and besides if you get enough crit from your other pieces you will create enough DAs anyways and the key to doing well as i see it is to have an ok balance between mastery and crit too, 4pc is also rly good on garrosh btw, its basically good for the hard fights and the only reason i wouldnt mention it on any early fights is becuz they are push-overs but really the 4 pc is so underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    I personally love the 4pc and besides if you get enough crit from your other pieces you will create enough DAs anyways and the key to doing well as i see it is to have an ok balance between mastery and crit too, 4pc is also rly good on garrosh btw, its basically good for the hard fights and the only reason i wouldnt mention it on any early fights is becuz they are push-overs but really the 4 pc is so underestimated.
    1: You can never have "enough crit" to create "enough DAs". More is always better. It's better coverage, it's better sustained throughput, it's more DPS.
    2: You will end up with more than enough mastery even if you go full crit-focus to be "balanced", as you require less mastery than crit to reach a percentage point.
    3: It might be good on Garrosh in 10 man, but in 25 man, Spirit shell is borderline useless on every fight but Paragons for soaking AIM, and apart from that, as a throughput cooldown (EG ensuring zero overhealing while AOE healing).
    It can't be underestimated when there's nothing to estimate, really - you trade 10% haste and 3.5k mastery on a 16% uptime (at best, more like 10% in reality due to saving SS for correct time to use it), vs the higher crit you could get with non-tier pieces, and the extra int / stats overall you can get with warforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a hard time believing the benefit from the set bonus wouldn't be enough to make up for the difference between the spirit/mastery (2nd or 3rd best stat combo out of all 6 non-hit stat combos) and whichever of crit/spirit or crit/mastery you have on your offset pieces.

That's why I run 4pc. While the benefit may be small, the difference between optimal and decent stats is also small.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Deleted
    Personally, I don't think it's good on Garrosh at all. Even without using the 4-piece and my rare usage of Spirit Shell (i.e not PoHing every possible time and instead going back to smiting or shielding (SS used 7 times, 9.2% uptime)) on that fight, I still got just over 17 million's worth of absorbs from it (source). The 4-set is pretty meh, as the 10% haste isn't worth it as you'd need to dump some crit (or mastery) into a bit more haste in order to get another cast off whilst Shell was active, and we already have a crap ton of mastery from our gear alone so the 3.5k mastery isn't going to sway any opinions.

I have 15312 mastery unbuffed, and that's going for a pure crit build (17041), so the mastery from the 4-set doesn't really appeal to me. Also, as stated before, the stat loss for going for some haste to get another cast. Yeah... not going to happen, I get more than enough benefit from the 4 casts already.
    Last edited by mmoc31033b1d6b; 2013-11-27 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Spelling.

I honestly didn't see much of a difference. If I didn't have heroic off-pieces, I'm sure the 4pc would pull ahead.

But currently I have Heroic helm/Heroic shoulders, and WF robes. I just can't imagine switching in and losing so much Crit AND Mastery just to complete the 4pc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    1: You can never have "enough crit" to create "enough DAs". More is always better. It's better coverage, it's better sustained throughput, it's more DPS.
    2: You will end up with more than enough mastery even if you go full crit-focus to be "balanced", as you require less mastery than crit to reach a percentage point.
    3: It might be good on Garrosh in 10 man, but in 25 man, Spirit shell is borderline useless on every fight but Paragons for soaking AIM, and apart from that, as a throughput cooldown (EG ensuring zero overhealing while AOE healing).
    It can't be underestimated when there's nothing to estimate, really - you trade 10% haste and 3.5k mastery on a 16% uptime (at best, more like 10% in reality due to saving SS for correct time to use it), vs the higher crit you could get with non-tier pieces, and the extra int / stats overall you can get with warforged.
    Well obv the 4 pc is shit in 25 man but thats cuz SS is shit in 25 man and thats pretty obv so i dont see why ur even bringing it up

Well obv the 4 pc is shit in 25 man but thats cuz SS is shit in 25 man and thats pretty obv so i dont see why ur even bringing it up
    Because the OP didn't clarify whether (s)he was 10 or 25, and neither did you, quite obviously. Your entire opinion is from a 10 man raiders perspective of the set bonus - if the OP is 25 man and reads what you wrote, he might get the wrong impression - especially as you didn't specify what raid size you were talking about .

Good point, 25-man. Pretty much where I was leaning, but thanks for the confirmation.

Deleted
    TBF it's shit in 10, too.

SS isn't shit, tbf. It's not nearly as potent as it was last tier, but it's definitely a good way to increase raid surviability. I use it on every fight, some more than others. I have no trouble in 25M at least getting 3 groups when I take advantage of BT.

Unless shit is defined as: A decent way of mitigating incoming damage so I can continue on smiting and waiting for my level 90 talent to be off CD.

Because then it's definitely shit.

Deleted
    SS isn't shit, no. The 4-set is shit.

4 piece is good, if you can somehow convince your ret/spriests/warlocks/protpals to give up heroic helm/shoulder/pants which are obtained very late just so you can pad meters 2-3% better.

I'd like to have it but I'd be the absolute last guy to get the difficult conq tokens outside of bonus rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Siorray View Post
    . The 4-set is pretty meh, as the 10% haste isn't worth it as you'd need to dump some crit (or mastery) into a bit more haste in order to get another cast off whilst Shell was active, and we already had a crap ton of mastery from our gear alone.
    Regarding the above point, what is the exact amount of haste needed (on top of 4p) to get an extra PoH cast during SS? I remember someone throwing around a very specific "5%" but i have no clue if that was correct

In any case, i raid 10men and i didnt find it that useful, only use it on Garrosh and Klaxxis (for aim bubbling) and since i got some heroic off pieces in the last weeks im not even sure i should bother anymore

Those values can be found here, as well as additional thoughts on the 4pc

With Raid Haste, BT and 4pc: 2,116 rating
    With Raid Haste, BT but NO 4pc: 6,577 rating

I have fairly decent itemized gear, and I'm sub 600 haste at this time.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2013-11-26 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    And unfortunately not the shit.

At least the 2pc is the shit.
    Indeed. ;c