Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood Tap + Frost Strike (no error macro)

Hi.
    Is there any way to make that macro "silent"?
    It keeps telling me on the screen that I do not have enough Blood Tap stacks, annoying as hell when spamming Frost Strike.
    I'm using this one:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood tap

whats the point of using blood tap if you arent gonna use it properly? use RE instead then..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Macrod blood tap is still better than runic empowerment, but not as much better as unmacrod blood tap of course.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Frost Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Still gives me error saying not enough blood tap stacks.

ErrorFilter helped (addon)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Still gives me error saying not enough blood tap stacks.
    Why do you have your BloodTap bound to FrostStrike instead of HowlingBlast/SoulReaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Why do you have your BloodTap bound to FrostStrike instead of HowlingBlast/SoulReaper?
    Personal preferance/what everyone has recommended all expac long on strat sites...but i definately do see what you're getting at. I'd prolly set it to blood tap first and then hb.

Deleted
    So then how to use it propely ? I'm using it in macro too, so how we use it, i tried without nacro but that was horribly :S

Use it when you have time to use it without rune capping, but before you hit 12 charges.

It will take practise, go hit a dummy for a while.

I have it macro'd to HB. Makes the whole rotation feel nice and smooth. Macroing to FS just felt weird to me.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Unmacroed blood tap is a tiny improvement over macroed if and only if you maintain perfect execution and never cap stacks. Do it if you want to, but don't tell people using macros they're wrong. They aren't.

Just macro it to frost strike; FS generates the charges, so it makes sense to consume them with the same button. Macroing elsewhere works too, pick any button you hit frequently. FS just makes the most sense.

I think implying that you need to manual blood tap perfectly for it to be a damage increase is an exaggeration.

As long as you aren't capping runes or stacks there's no reason not to use it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I think implying that you need to manual blood tap perfectly for it to be a damage increase is an exaggeration.

As long as you aren't capping runes or stacks there's no reason not to use it manually.
    That is incorrect.

Man, this must be the 5th or 6th time I've posted this same thing on these forums across the MoP beta and expansion, and people still want to fight about it. Just goes to show why the L75 talents are terrible. It feels like micromanaging your rune regen should provide a massive (or at least worthwhile) performance gain, and everybody assumes that means it does, without testing it. Anyway, here goes (again).

DW Frost T16H micromanaging BT: 383.1k DPS
    DW Frost T16H macroed BT: 381.8k DPS (-0.3%)

If you look at the default DW frost profile, it has blood tap listed 4 separate times, with conditions on the number of charges, runic power, target health, soul reaper cooldown, and killing machine active (which is also completely bogus to do). Like most Simcraft action lists it's ridiculously over complicated for an actual human to properly execute. If you mess that stuff up, you lose that massive 0.3% performance gain.

Very easy to replicate my results; load the 1H T16H profile, comment out all the blood tap lines, and add this line at the very top of the single-target action list:

actions.single_target=blood_tap,if=talent.blood_tap.enabled&(buff.blood_charge.stack>4)
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-12-01 at 01:03 AM.

From a PvP standpoint: the reason it's not the best idea to macro those 2 abilities together is because once you build up 10 stacks (or 12 if you have enough RP to hit 2 more FS's for another tap) is because you can coordinate your burst, or even your NS stacks, to benefit the 15-20 second gap you have to force some heavy pressure. For instance: in TSG when your Warrior is ready to burst, you can pop PoF, have 2 taps ready off the bat for either 2 Necro's, or 2 KM procs for Obliterate, mixed with his Reckstorm you most likely just forced a lot of CDs, or scored a kill in a matter of 10 seconds. I can get more in-depth about this, but I'm not sure if you were talking about PvE, in which case macroing this would be fine, the DPS loss is minimal.

Oh, for sure. I definitely was not talking about PvP, or PvE tanking either.

Simulations also say that both frost DK specs are better than warlocks.

Yes, and an unsophisticated poster would say that invalidates my post. But someone who knew what they were talking about, like yourself, knows that sims can't be used to stack rank classes but are very good for comparisons between specs of the same class, testing different priorities, gearing, and talents. Right? Or were you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yes, and an unsophisticated poster would say that invalidates my post. But someone who knew what they were talking about, like yourself, knows that sims can't be used to stack rank classes but are very good for comparisons between specs of the same class, testing different priorities, gearing, and talents. Right? Or were you serious?
    I make no claims of being a simcraft expert, or even a novice. But, if profile A suggests a maximum output of X, and if an ingame fight approximating the conditions of profile A demonstrates outputs vastly different from profile A, does that not mean there is an error somewhere in the profile? I mean, the mathematics can't be wrong, only the priorities set in the profile, right? I am generally asking. Of course even the most skilled players can't match the efficiency of a program, so if ingame outputs were significantly lower than simcraft I would chalk up the differences to player inefficiency. But when ingame output significantly exceeds profile theoretical maximums (all other variables equal, which I concede is rather unlikely) how can you rely on the outputs at all?

If only that macro didn't glitch, causing some silly animation that always plays when you press froststrike/deathcoil even if you don't have charges for BT.