Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Secret CIA facility at Gitmo, turns terrorists into double agents.

http://news.yahoo.com/penny-lane-git...-politics.html

So, basically the CIA turned former terrorists into double agents resulting in the assassination of a number of AQ operatives.

To me, pretty good idea, the only good AQ is a dead AQ.

What does MMOC_OT think about this?

Brainwashing people who have already had their minds thoroughly scrubbed clean. Neat freaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    To me, pretty good idea, the only good AQ is a dead AQ.
    Except obviously for the ones who are killing for you.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Except obviously for the ones who are killing for you.
    Pffft, well of course.

I would guess they renounced their AQ ties, but hey its a nasty conflict you gotta do what you gotta do to win. If the investment saves the life of just one NATO coalition service member it's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they were creating double agents, sound like standard stuff for any spy agency.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how many family members they threated to kill.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yeah lets just ignore the part where they had a secret war chest paid for by taxpayers to give these "double agents" millions of dollars to point out where their former friends were hiding.
    lets also ignore how some took the money and ran and others took the money and skills BACK TO AL'QAEDA

10+ Year Old Account
    Pffft, well of course.

I would guess they renounced their AQ ties, but hey its a nasty conflict you gotta do what you gotta do to win. If the investment saves the life of just one NATO coalition service member it's worth it.
    What if they are faking to get out of gitmo?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Wonder how many family members they threated to kill.
    Threaten to kill does not equal kill. I know I know bakis, dead American servicemen make you cream a little in your pants, so ill excuse your false indignation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Threaten to kill does not equal kill. I know I know bakis, dead American servicemen make you cream a little in your pants, so ill excuse your false indignation.
    Pretty sure it doesnt go well with human rights but knowing how little you care for that Im not surprised.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    Yeah lets just ignore the part where they had a secret war chest paid for by taxpayers to give these "double agents" millions of dollars to point out where their former friends were hiding.
    lets also ignore how some took the money and ran and others took the money and skills BACK TO AL'QAEDA
    Definately not perfect, but we have been able to use that info to track down various AQ commanders, all in all, not a bad investment. Personally I'd prefer more of our conflicts use such methods, ultimately if it saves U.S. Service men and women

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it doesn't go well with human rights but knowing how little you care for that Im not surprised.
    Ummm......where is this magical definition of "human rights" that keeps coming up. You have any proof human rights were being violated here, or are you just pulling shit out of your ass, i wouldn't be surprised.

Don't wanna got o Gitmo, don't recruit, finance, plan, fight for, or support terrorist organizations. Pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that leads to further combat, including the results of these double agent findings, will lead to endangering US soldiers. I really feel that all this serves only one purpose, saves terrorist the flight to US to kill Americans.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew they existed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    I genuinely hope everyone who is involved in the running/maintaining/existance of Guantanamo Bay dies as soon as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definately not perfect, but we have been able to use that info to track down various AQ commanders, all in all, not a bad investment. Personally I'd prefer more of our conflicts use such methods, ultimately if it saves U.S. Service men and women

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm......where is this magical definition of "human rights" that keeps coming up. You have any proof human rights were being violated here, or are you just pulling shit out of your ass, i wouldn't be surprised.

Don't wanna got o Gitmo, don't recruit, finance, plan, fight for, or support terrorist organizations. Pretty simple.
    True Gitmo is known to be the pinnacle of human and legal rights amarite Mr OOHA, FUCK YEA!
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-11-27 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I genuinely hope everyone who is involved in the running/maintaining/existance of Guantanamo Bay dies as soon as possible.

lol, hard words to say from behind a keyboard huh little neckbeard?

Little dog yapping at the big dogs, nothing new here.

- - - Updated - - -

True Gitmo is know to be the paradise of human and legal rights amarite Mr OOHA, FUCK YEA!
    Just sayin.....you said human rights wre being violated in this instance, back it up.

Also.....its "Hooah" not OOHA, get your Americanisms right.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Leftist European always quick to speak of human rights, but never there to lift a hand to make it happen.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a broad net you are casting there. Former Super Bowl performer MIA, is the daughter of a former leader of Talim Tigers. A group declared to be a terrorist organization by US government. Do we put Roger Goodell in gitmo for financing a terrorist's daughter?

15+ Year Old Account
    lol, hard words to say from behind a keyboard huh little neckbeard?

Little dog yapping at the big dogs, nothing new here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just sayin.....you said human rights wre being violated in this instance, back it up.

Also.....its "Hooah" not OOHA, get your Americanisms right.
    Now why on earth do I need to back that up considering the record of Gitmo.
    Something clearly changed, thats why its as the article say a new not previously unknown compound hidden away from the rest of Gitmo...
    Regarding Hooah, im not very good with gutural neanderthal sounds

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was given to them as an option early on in their incarceration then I could see it being okay, but taking them after god knows how many years of torture and abuse and sending them to kill former allies is just messed up. It may save some lives sure, but sacrificing one life in such a way is just inhumane.